Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    So you think their record would be better with Holland and Miller instead of Diaz and Familia.
    how much better
    They would be better, how much is a different question.
    Both Diaz & Familia pitch half of their games in a pitcher friendly ball park.

Holland & Miller pitch in neutral stadiums. So their numbers should be worse and not better.

https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/park-factors.php
    Last edited by Claymation; 08-02-2019 at 03:51 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

What about Robertson you like him in the winter
    How do you know I liked him in the winter? You just came here in April unless you are a dupe.

Find a post that said I liked him? (I didn't for the record.)

I wanted Ottavino and Holland.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Diaz has piched 9 more innings then Holland
    That settles it, he must be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That settles it, he must be better.
    He is better, but you said he gave up 7 more runs, i was showing he pitched more innings

They would be better, how much is a different question.
    Both Diaz & Familia pitch half of their games in a pitcher friendly ball park.

Holland & Miller pitch in neutral stadiums. So their numbers should be worse and not better.

https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/park-factors.php
    In 2019 are there reeeally any pitcher friendly parks anymore.
    The balls seem to fly out everywhere

He is better, but you said he gave up 7 more runs, i was showing he pitched more innings
    Familia has been worse than all of these players.
    Miller is roughly a run and a half better than Diaz. Holland is .7 runs less.
    .7 less in era. Diaz has an ERA of 5.14, Holland has an ERA of 4.54, my bad it's point 6 and not point 7.

In 2019 are there reeeally any pitcher friendly parks anymore.
    The balls seem to fly out everywhere
    Except there are.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    If you are saying he didn't pass your "eye test" then I can't argue with that. I know we had this discussion earlier this season, but I just checked out the statistics and they were very good so I don't know how it can be disagreed with. If you want to say he was good but not great, sure I can buy that. But to flat out say he "wasn't good at all" this year......The stats show otherwise for roughly the first 1.5 months of the season.

If you can show me statistics that dispute the ones I posted I will look at them, but right now I don't see how you can argue that he wasn't good. As far as going down hill, hell yeah he has I know that is the case. I was specifically talking about his start to the season. I think You & Sick have said that he was allowing alot of hits or runners on base, but the stats I posted also dispute that notion as he had a fairly strong WHIP. I also will say if your stance is that maybe he was performing well enough to start the year, but not well enough to justify a big trade for him, I can also get behind that too.
    He definitely didn't pass the eye test, and I honestly don't feel like going to check through his stats in April and May, but even with all the K's I know he had guys on base all the time. I know it. I bet if you check his WHIP the first two months it would be high. I remember saying his H/9 were way up, even then, from 2018. One thing that I remember very clearly was that he only had one dominant inning during that period. And even since then he's only had a couple of (what I define as) shutdown innings. So you're right, saying he "wasn't good at all" is wrong to say. But his strikeouts early in the year also give a false impression. He was never "very good" this year. He was always a little shaky, even when he was managing to strike a lot of guys out. And he wasn't giving up the runs early either, but he seemingly had guys in scoring position every game.

How do you know I liked him in the winter? You just came here in April unless you are a dupe.

Find a post that said I liked him? (I didn't for the record.)

I wanted Ottavino and Holland.
    He could’ve been a lurker (reading the forum without joining yet)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He could’ve been a lurker (reading the forum without joining yet)
    Then he sucks at it.

Stroman got screwed by the defense this inning.

PAY ME!!!!

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657