Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Idk. Its definitely possible with all these teams inquiring. Brodie will be gun shy with all eyes on him so it has to be the exact deal he wants but its definitely not out if the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Don't expect that to happen. He has too much upside for a bounce back season.

Next year he'll be under a new Mets manager and culture too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I think hes gone Paul.
    Im not sure about that upside anymore, he doesnt seem like he is ever going to that next level Harvey had or Jake does.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Idk. Its definitely possible with all these teams inquiring. Brodie will be gun shy with all eyes on him so it has to be the exact deal he wants but its definitely not out if the realm of possibility.
    I don't see Brodie as the gun-shy type.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I don't see Brodie as the gun-shy type.
    Hes in a special situation.

Makes no sense to trade syndergaard now. His value is low because of his crappy first half. If the Mets fo deal him they need to wait for him to build his value up and have a good second half. Otherwise we are just gonna get destroyed on another trade

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Makes no sense to trade syndergaard now. His value is low because of his crappy first half. If the Mets fo deal him they need to wait for him to build his value up and have a good second half. Otherwise we are just gonna get destroyed on another trade
    Noahs a winter trade, hes not going anywhere in July

Hes in a special situation.
    Explain?

Explain?
    I dont think Brodie is used to not having success ... Everything he has done as a GM has been a failure in a big market with lots of eyes and attention on him. His next moves are critical and need to be immediately perceived as a win. I honestly dont think he listened much to people surrounding him the first time around. This time will be different and he will get exactly what he wants out of the trade or he wont go forward. Failure is not an option.

what would it take for the rangers get wheeler and Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what would it take for the rangers get wheeler and Ramos
    A 6 pack of new coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds good to me lol

Who did we get?

Don't worry. He's got this.

I dont think Brodie is used to not having success ... Everything he has done as a GM has been a failure in a big market with lots of eyes and attention on him. His next moves are critical and need to be immediately perceived as a win. I honestly dont think he listened much to people surrounding him the first time around. This time will be different and he will get exactly what he wants out of the trade or he wont go forward. Failure is not an option.
    So far all we know about Brodie is that he's a slick salesman. We don't know enough about him to say that he'd respond to this failure by being more cautious at the deadline, or even overly cautious, as you're suggesting here.

I also don't have any confidence in his ability to get exactly what he wants out of a trade.

So far all we know about Brodie is that he's a slick salesman. We don't know enough about him to say that he'd respond to this failure by being more cautious at the deadline, or even overly cautious, as you're suggesting here.

I also don't have any confidence in his ability to get exactly what he wants out of a trade.

Not surprised because I know first hand, you're a bad judge of character :-)
    Anyway, Im telling you what I think based off what Ive seen from him and based off what I know about men like him. Men who just ooze cockiness and arrogance and have seemingly won the lottery of life.
    Slick salesman indeed... How could that not work to his advantage IF he begins to listen to more experienced and knowledgeable baseball minds? Again, I see him as a man who hates having an image of failure and will do anything to protect the image of success. That could seriously **** With a man mentally and cause him to overthink and be too cautious especially if he overvalues Noah. He's not just going to give up Syndergaard without getting exactly what he wants in return because it could be seen as another failure and he must win. You might not have confidence in him to get it done on his own...neither do I... but I think he definitely has enough humility now, that he will listen to his advisors. He's learning and adapting. Thats what happens when every single move you made was a failure. Humility.
    I definitely dont see him getting burned rather than just not making a trade until winter. Do you?
    Last edited by marychristine; 07-11-2019 at 02:06 AM.

I wouldn’t trade Noah just yet unless they are blown away. Moving wheeler and Vargas with nobody on the horizon damages the rotation enough but makes sense since they are expiring. While Noah has been a let down given his ceiling we still have team control on him not the time to sell low.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast