Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    To paraphrase what my people say at a Passover Seder, why were these losses different from all other losses?
    They were not, but had they won, they would be on a 6 game winning streak and about 3-4 games from a WC spot even if they still had like 10 teams in front of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They were not, but had they won, they would be on a 6 game winning streak and about 3-4 games from a WC spot even if they still had like 10 teams in front of them.

In other words, it's a damned good thing that we lost these last two games.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

In other words, it's a damned good thing that we lost these last two games.
    They weren't in it even if they had won the last 2. There are too many teams to jump and the NL keeps beating on itself every night. The Giants aren't a playoff team either despite their better play of late.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They weren't in it even if they had won the last 2. There are too many teams to jump and the NL keeps beating on itself every night. The Giants aren't a playoff team either despite their better play of late.
    That was my point with my Passover crack, Slim

Yeah I mean you can say they weren't, and if we're being realists were not making the playoffs. However, statistically speaking our playoff chances have risen from 4% to 9% during the 4 game win streak, and if we had pushed it to 6 games it would have risen further. 9%+ is still a chance even if it's very unrealistic.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Yeah I mean you can say they weren't, and if we're being realists were not making the playoffs. However, statistically speaking our playoff chances have risen from 4% to 9% during the 4 game win streak, and if we had pushed it to 6 games it would have risen further. 9%+ is still a chance even if it's very unrealistic.
    They have the 2nd worst record in the NL. The odds they jump 9 teams to get that 2nd WC are minute at best and when you look at the roster this isn't a playoff team. I understand Fangraph's probability isn't going to completely count them out because mathematically they have a chance but they weren't making the playoffs.

You know why we're not making the playoffs? Because we have a manager who wouldnt put in tomorrow's starting pitcher to pitch one inning to save tonight's 16-inning game when he ran out of bullpen.

Thats why.

You know why we're not making the playoffs? Because we have a manager who wouldnt put in tomorrow's starting pitcher to pitch one inning to save tonight's 16-inning game when he ran out of bullpen.

Thats why.
    The Mets had their window to fix this. They chose not to probably because the Wilpons don't want to add payroll. Earlier in the season when they were closer to .500, they did nothing about the bullpen. It may not have saved their season but it wouldn't have put them 8 games under .500 with all these teams to jump.

The Mets had their window to fix this. They chose not to probably because the Wilpons don't want to add payroll. Earlier in the season when they were closer to .500, they did nothing about the bullpen. It may not have saved their season but it wouldn't have put them 8 games under .500 with all these teams to jump.
    It all falls under the heading "No sense of urgency." Winning aint the priority.

It all falls under the heading "No sense of urgency." Winning aint the priority.
    Before you can even have urgency You have to have a winning mentality. You have to be ruthless, aggressive, relentless in your quest to win. He has created a weak, soft environment. Thats who he is. The team and staff reflect that big time.

But this is who we have.

They have the 2nd worst record in the NL. The odds they jump 9 teams to get that 2nd WC are minute at best and when you look at the roster this isn't a playoff team. I understand Fangraph's probability isn't going to completely count them out because mathematically they have a chance but they weren't making the playoffs.
    MW we agree......We were never making the playoffs, I strictly pulling up the stats to show that while in the real world we know there *most likely* not making the playoffs, they still boosted their chances to make them with the winning streak. Sick Of It All was saying if we had won that heartbreaker the other night and made it 6 in a row there was still at least some momentum towards that outside shot at the playoffs. Again, I don't for one second believe we were ever making it, but the stats say there is/was still a chance.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    MW we agree......We were never making the playoffs, I strictly pulling up the stats to show that while in the real world we know there *most likely* not making the playoffs, they still boosted their chances to make them with the winning streak. Sick Of It All was saying if we had won that heartbreaker the other night and made it 6 in a row there was still at least some momentum towards that outside shot at the playoffs. Again, I don't for one second believe we were ever making it, but the stats say there is/was still a chance.
    Sure they're in it until mathematically eliminated. The funny thing is if they shored up their bullpen and maybe got another bat, they perhaps could pull the improbable feat of jumping all these teams but I have no idea if Brodie is capable of pulling the right triggers and if the Wilpons will even entertain the idea of anything besides standing pat (financially) or dumping payroll (which is more likely imo).

They should have tried making some of those moves already as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-21-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Sure they're in it until mathematically eliminated. The funny thing is if they shored up their bullpen and maybe got another bat, they perhaps could pull the improbable feat of jumping all these teams but I have no idea if Brodie is capable of pulling the right triggers and if the Wilpons will even entertain the idea of anything besides standing pat (financially) or dumping payroll (which is more likely imo).

They should have tried making some of those moves already as well.
    Yeah there was a stretch of games back near the Dodger meltdown in the BP where I thought we could have gained some momentum and turned the season around. Instead of bolstering the BP from BVW we just let it fly and proceeded to blow numerous games while simultaneously deflating any positive momentum we had built up. It never seems to be fun being a Mets fan does it lol.

Cardinals rumored to be shopping Carlos Martinez

I would call them and offer up something nice for him and Bader.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819