Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    saying JV got better after leaving us is a tough one for me, he was better than his post recovery self for sure, so technically he was better with Houston than he was after his last couple years here, but I don't see him throwing 101 in the 9th of a no hitter with them either. His best years were with us
    he still got better when he left us though. Their pitching coach is/was better then he had here. And I'm not talking about his enitre career, I mean the way he was pitching at the time. His 3 highest K/9 rates in his career have been the 2.5 years in Houston. Think about that. Also, his BB/9 are the lowest in his career in Houston. Max definitely had his best years in DC though.

this is not surprising.

The only prospects that we have traded for that panned out are Boyd, Fulmer, Norris... which were DD's guys..

Then Al had a chance to flip Fulmer for Baez or Bregmen and didn't

He needs to be fired immediately. Too bad he got extended

Not entirely true Rocket. Paredes and Castro and Rogers. If Perez actually gets healthy and gets to his potential he could be special.

Yea, pretty much agree with everything they say in the article, although it's hearsay but it's similar to what I started this thread for in my original post. Here is another article on Avila that again I agree with: https://971theticket.radio.com/artic...deadline-talks

The sad part is (again just hearsay but repeated) that he set such a high price and a hard tone, that teams didn't even come back to deal with him. Calling the demands "borderline comical" and Avila "impossible to deal with". I'm real tired of his "market value" approach. Good GM's get over market value and do it by playing the game. Avila just isn't savvy enough to do this and that was my point to the start of this thread. I don't dislike the guy personally, I just don't think he's above average GM material. Seems he got the job by attrition rather than skills as he was DD right hand man. I really hope he lucked out on some of these guys in the trades (Joey Wentz looked good in his first start for us) because that means the teams better but I just don't trust his judgment. He hasn't done anything to warrant me thinking he will change. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Not entirely true Rocket. Paredes and Castro and Rogers. If Perez actually gets healthy and gets to his potential he could be special.
    i've heard this before

since the Jacob Turner days!!

The reason I want to give AA time is because as DD's right hand man he was learning about touting prospects to a ridiculous level to trade them for MLB star level players. Now AA is in the exact opposite position of touting MLB talents in order to swing prospects.

He's doing it in a way that is completely opposite of what he would've learned as the right hand man.

We're doing a good job building a stable of arms, and we also complained in the past (myself included) about not building a team that fits the ballpark, we're now trying to add speed guys, even Reyes a couple years ago, and now the Demetrie guy (whatever his name is), so since it'll take a few years no matter what, might as well see how it goes

if it's a disaster then we can carry his head out on pitch forks like Natural Born Killers

But in the mean time, we're supposed to be patient, and it's hard to do so in today's climate, but hey let's see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    i've heard this before

since the Jacob Turner days!!
    Jacob Turner got us a WS appearance though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123