Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 268
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,658
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think detractors are betting on Kyrie having a similar negative impact on the Nets young squad and team-oriented style that he did on the Celtics young squad and team-oriented style. Also on the fact that the Nets lost a lot of depth that statistically were high impact guys for them last year.

    Your logic says the Celtics should have gotten MUCH better last year after adding Kyrie and Hayward to the mix, but all it did was fluster the guys that thrived the year before and cause lots of locker room drama. They were pretty much net neutral after replacing Rozier with Kyrie and that is a much bigger gap than DLO and Kyrie.
    From all accounts there are things that happened behind the scenes that derailed chemistry in Boston. Hayward was a shadow of himself and should have come off bench in limited minutes until he was ready.

    The Nets don't have that dynamic. The young emerging star player that could clash os in golden state. KD is out injured and can provide an extra coaching voice because he is KD.

    Dinwiddie is friends with Kyrie and already has his contract so he won't be disgruntled with role and playing time.

    I just don't see the same dynamics at play on Nets.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,544
    i don't see any big area of weakness for the nets.

    they have guys who can score, defend, they have great shooting, they have a good coach, good system, and a coherent team. The East is weaker with Khawi gone, BOS isn't as good. they should be one of the top teams in the east barring major inuries,

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    From all accounts there are things that happened behind the scenes that derailed chemistry in Boston. Hayward was a shadow of himself and should have come off bench in limited minutes until he was ready.

    The Nets don't have that dynamic. The young emerging star player that could clash os in golden state. KD is out injured and can provide an extra coaching voice because he is KD.

    Dinwiddie is friends with Kyrie and already has his contract so he won't be disgruntled with role and playing time.

    I just don't see the same dynamics at play on Nets.
    yea i think its wishful thinking to think Kyrie will have a bad affect on the Nets. he loves NYC area and grew up in jersey. from all accounts he hated living in BOS. and the Celtics roster was not built for Kyrie like this roster is.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,760
    Kyrie Irving is the antithesis of Kenny Atkinsonís offense. Thatís the issue. Thatís why the Nets had second thoughts about grabbing Kyrie without KD coming too.

    There wonít be off-court issues like in Boston (probably), but that doesnít mean itís all gonna be great.

    Youíre also overrating Prince and DJ.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Kyrie Irving is the antithesis of Kenny Atkinsonís offense. Thatís the issue. Thatís why the Nets had second thoughts about grabbing Kyrie without KD coming too.

    There wonít be off-court issues like in Boston (probably), but that doesnít mean itís all gonna be great.

    Youíre also overrating Prince and DJ.
    Prince is a definitive upgrade over Carroll. that's who he's really replacing. so its an upgrade there.

    DJ isn't what he used to be, but if he falters they have a great fallback option in Allen.

    Dlo was just as much of a high usage ISO guy as Kyrie. I don't see a big difference in playstyle except Kyrie is just much better and much more efficient and a much better 3pt shooter.

    DLo actually had a significantly higher usage than Kyrie last year and turned it over more as well. Kyrie is just much better all around.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,143
    I also like LeVert, he's the real deal ask Timmy his old teammate....he is also extremely clutch.

    When KD returns they will be scary.........

    I think Carroll just brought that veteran presence and played really tough nose BB and Prince isn't there yet.

    But he's not replacing Carroll who actually plays PF, and I think Davis and Jordan kind of offset each other, Davis had 6 and 9 in 17min that is really good production, so Allen will get less minutes now.

    Jordan was a force in because that is what it took for KD to come..........Atkinson loved Davis and his role here, never stopped about him.

    I'll stick to 45 wins, we shall see. They are not better than the 49 win Boston team last year. Should be fun to watch them develop though....

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,630
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he averaged 14/4/4/1 with solid defense last year in just 26mpg. He would probably have been our best player last year. before the injury he was averaging about 18/4/4 the first two months on very good efficiency.

    and he's only 24. he's a very good young player, better than anything we had last year.

    and he came back strong in the playoffs,

    21/5/3/1 on 48% in just 28mpg... he was probably the Nets best player in the playoffs.

    You're underrating him, i'd be very high on him if he was here, so I'm not going to act like he's a scrub just b/c he's on the nets.
    LeVert is very solid but do not think he is or ever was on the verge of stardom. Joe Ingles had a similar start last year. Good players have those types of stretches all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea i think its wishful thinking to think Kyrie will have a bad affect on the Nets. he loves NYC area and grew up in jersey. from all accounts he hated living in BOS. and the Celtics roster was not built for Kyrie like this roster is.
    I don't think anyone is saying he'll have a bad effect. We're saying a net-neutral - to - marginal gain effect.

    Since when has the Kyrie show been a good thing? I honestly don't think many people believe Kyrie playing a Harden role is a winning formula but that seems to be what you are suggesting will get 50 wins.

    Also, Kyrie just seems like an unhappy dude. He was happy in Boston, talking about how it was following in his father's footsteps who played there, publicly promised to resign, talked about the young roster and "who wouldn't want to be here"......then all of a sudden he wasn't happy anymore. He demanded away from LeBron then called him the next season apologizing for it and regretting it. Who knows with that guy but to act like he doesn't come with any concerns and baggage and a bit of a team-killing rep is ignoring the realities of the last few years.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 07-20-2019 at 11:46 AM.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,259
    Lol i like how everyone is ignoring the nets were a horrible defensive team last year and kyrie does not help in that area also

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,630
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Prince is a definitive upgrade over Carroll. that's who he's really replacing. so its an upgrade there.

    DJ isn't what he used to be, but if he falters they have a great fallback option in Allen.

    Dlo was just as much of a high usage ISO guy as Kyrie. I don't see a big difference in playstyle except Kyrie is just much better and much more efficient and a much better 3pt shooter.

    DLo actually had a significantly higher usage than Kyrie last year and turned it over more as well. Kyrie is just much better all around.
    I could be wrong on this but something tells me Kyrie is MUCH more of a ball stopper than DLO when it comes to his iso's. DLO always struck me as more of a quick decision maker than Kyrie who likes to do his razzle dazzle thing ala Harden.

    Kyrie is better, but I do think there are questions about his style of play in an unchecked Harden role and whether that is better for the Nets than what they had going last year.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,630
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lol i like how everyone is ignoring the nets were a horrible defensive team last year and kyrie does not help in that area also
    Yea, I think Rican saying they don't have any holes is a big of an overstatement as well. Definitely questions with their defense, size, and depth. Much will come down to the types of season LeVert and Dinwiddie can have in spelling Kyrie of playmaking duties and giving him legit #2 and #3 guys.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yea, I think Rican saying they don't have any holes is a big of an overstatement as well. Definitely questions with their defense, size, and depth. Much will come down to the types of season LeVert and Dinwiddie can have in spelling Kyrie of playmaking duties and giving him legit #2 and #3 guys.
    they don't have any GLARING holes... like we do at PG for instance. I'm not sure their defense, size and depth were really downgraded. DJ or Allen is better than any backup C they had last year, prince is better htan Carroll on both ends, and keep in mind they lost Lavert for most of last season, now he's healthy.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,630
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    they don't have any GLARING holes... like we do at PG for instance. I'm not sure their defense, size and depth were really downgraded. DJ or Allen is better than any backup C they had last year, prince is better htan Carroll on both ends, and keep in mind they lost Lavert for most of last season, now he's healthy.
    You can question the "fit" at PG but the talent level is on par if not better than the talent level of the Nets at SG and PF. You can't just ignore everything about a players game and evaluate them solely on whether they can hit stand still 3 point shots lol.

    Joe Harris/Garrett Temple at SG
    Taurean Prince/No idea at PF

    look like holes that could get exposed by most teams on a nightly basis to me.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,127
    Knicks gonna cause problems with teams for their 3pt shooting and their physicality.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he averaged 14/4/4/1 with solid defense last year in just 26mpg. He would probably have been our best player last year. before the injury he was averaging about 18/4/4 the first two months on very good efficiency.

    and he's only 24. he's a very good young player, better than anything we had last year.

    and he came back strong in the playoffs,

    21/5/3/1 on 48% in just 28mpg... he was probably the Nets best player in the playoffs.

    You're underrating him, i'd be very high on him if he was here, so I'm not going to act like he's a scrub just b/c he's on the nets.
    Stop overreacting

    You used the term scrub. I didnít. Nor did I say he wasnít good. Heís a nice player. But letís stop with the ďverge of stardomĒ stuff

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Stop overreacting

    You used the term scrub. I didnít. Nor did I say he wasnít good. Heís a nice player. But letís stop with the ďverge of stardomĒ stuff
    just saying, i dont think people are even factoring him in... but he missed most of the year last year and just getting him back will be huge for them. He really would have been the best player on our team last year and probably this year too... so he's not some afterthought. Him & Kyrie make for a very improved backcourt.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •