Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No Clippers?
    You know I honestly forgot all about them. Iíd put them between the Celtics and Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    You know I honestly forgot all about them. Iíd put them between the Celtics and Nets.
    That's fair, you got the Nets that high even with KD out all season?

So with Westbrook traded to the ROCKETS, I would say this is my top 10 and overall standings of the East and West next year.

Top 10 teams
    1. Los Angeles Clippers
    2. Los Angeles Lakers
    3. Houston Rockets
    4. Philadelphia 76ers
    5. Denver Nuggets
    6. Golden State Warriors
    7. Milwaukee Bucks
    8. Portland Trail Blazers
    9. Utah Jazz
    10. Indiana Pacers

Eastern Conference
    1. Philadelphia 76ers
    They basically replaced Jimmy Butler and JJ Reddick with Al Horford and Josh Richardson. Both new players will fit in extremely well, especially Horford where Philly will be able to keep one of Embiid/Horford in the game at all times. Last year Philly absolutely imploded when Embiid went to the bench and they shouldn't have that problem this year. If Simmons gets to where he will even take a jump shot it will open up his game more, which will only help him and the team. I think as of right now the 76ers are the team to beat in the East. Trust the process.

2 Milwaukee Bucks
    Losing Brogdon is kind of a big deal because he's efficient and a good defender. They also didn't add anything to their team, they just lost him for tax purposes. Mirotic also walked out the door and even though he didn't have a huge role last season, that still hurts. It's still Giannis and a bunch a of shooters, but their less than they were last year, while other teams got better. The Bucks are on the clock, Giannis is under contract for two more years.

3. Indiana Pacers
    This team was the third best team in the East last year before Oladipo got injured, and they will be third best team again this year. They will be very good defensively and Brogdon is an upgrade over Bogdonovic. If they can remain healthy they will be a very formidable team and could even give one of the teams above them a scare, but a second round birth is probably their ceiling.

4. Boston Celtics
    Replacing Kyrie for Kemba is pretty much a wash, but the loss of Horford is what keeps them from being at the top of the conference. IMO Horford actually swings the balance in the East because if Al Horford was on this Celtics team, I'd have them as my favorites in the Eastern Conference. Sadly Al Horford walked out the door, so Boston is just among the best teams in the East, not the best. I think Kemba will have a career year in Boston. I know he gets flack for not being able to make the playoffs, but he's honestly been carrying one of the worst teams in basketball on his back for years. In Boston, he will have a real team around him and I expect Hayward will be back to All Star level and Tatum/Brown will be in a better position to succeed. Celtics still have a bright future, but they need Tatum/Brown to become stars. Sooner than later.

5. Brooklyn Nets
    The Kyrie Irving Nets will be better than the D'Angelo Russell Nets and, like Kemba in Boston, Kyrie is going to have his best season ever. Still, this team will probably be missing that one piece. We all know that final piece is Kevin Durant, who is going to miss the entire season, and this year will feel like a big what if. If the Brooklyn Nets had Kevin Durant this year, they would be favorites to come out of the East. Sadly for them, KD won't step onto the court until next year so, like Boston, they will just be among the better teams in the conference.

6. Miami Heat
    The addition of Jimmy Butler gives the Heat something they've lacked since Chris Bosh's career was derailed by clots, but it's not even close to enough to actually win a championship. Even if they can swing a deal to acquire Chris Paul I don't imagine it will move them past any of the teams above them, though it may widen the gap for the teams below them. Miami will be tough defensively and improved offensively with the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, and possibly CP3 as well. Miami will be good next year, better than they've been in years, but they will need a lot to go right for them to find playoff success. I'm still looking forward to it though.

7. Toronto Raptors
    Losing Kawhi for nothing is an absolute killer. They will still be a good team and make the playoffs, but the Raptors are an absolute one and done with Kawhi bolting town. I expect Toronto to at least start the season with the rest of the championship roster, possibly looking to move guys like Lowry and Gasol in February. Long term I fully expect Toronto to build around the trio of Siakam/Anunoby/VanVleet. I'll say this right now, I believe Pascal Siakam is going to be an All Star next year, and I expect the Raptors in the playoffs for years to come.

8. Detroit Pistons
    I think they'll just edge out Orlando for the final playoff spot in the East. Detroit is in a similar position to Miami before they got Jimmy Butler, and that's no man's land. They aren't good enough to really make any noise, but not bad enough to get a great draft pick. Blake Griffin has been a good player for the Pistons, averaging 23.4 pts/7.3 rbds/5.6 asts on .455/.359/.758 in 100 games for Detroit, but he's hurt too often and they don't have enough around him. They won't be bad, but they won't be very good either. It's just not enough.

9. Orlando Magic
    This team is just destined for failure. After squeaking into the playoffs last year they brought the entire team back together. That just doesn't make any sense at all. They draft Jonathan Isaac with the #6 pick in 2017 even though they already had Aaron Gordon, who they re signed the following summer. They drafted Mo Bamba in 2018 to be their long term solution at Center with Vucevic going into the final year of his contract, but rather than trade Vucevic to a contender last year to acquire future assets and clear the way for Bamba to start they re sign him for 4 years to keep Bamba on the bench indefinitely. I just don't understand the plan in Orlando, and I don't see them getting any better than they were last year.

10. Atlanta Hawks
    This is a team that will see an improvement next season. Atlanta finished 29-53 last year, 12th in the East. I see them winning around 35 games this upcoming season and will probably have one more trip to the lottery before possibly making the playoffs next year. I think long term the Hawks will be a very good team, as a young core of Trae Young, John Collins, DeAndre Hunter, and Cam Reddish is nothing to sneeze at. If you get several swings at the top of the draft you're bound to eventually strike gold, and the Hawks have acquired a pretty impressive collection of young talent. In 5 years this team could be the next Philadelphia 76ers.

11. Washington Wizards
    They made the mistake of not tearing this team down a couple years ago when they couldn't win in the playoffs. There were all sorts of reports about how nobody on the team liked John Wall, and the rest of the team played better when he was on the bench. Rather than changing anything, they re sign Wall 4 years $171 million making him the most overpaid/untradeable player in basketball. The Wizards went 32-50 last year and I expect they will do about the same this year. They're not going to trade Beal, their only real asset, so he'll just be on a losing team.

12. New York Knicks
    We all know about the Knicks offseason and how they got here. How they struck out on all the top free agents, how they didn't use their cap to acquire future assets from other teams by taking on bad contracts, and how they prolonged their rebuild several years by trading away Kristaps Porzingis. For better or worse the Knicks have moved on from all of it. They signed some pretty good role players in free agency, they drafted a pretty sure thing in RJ Barrett, and they have a good coach in Fizdale. They are going to be quite a bit better than they were last year, granted they have really nowhere to go but up after finishing a league worst 17-65. They have a young core who are going to have to grow, but they are still probably at least two years away from playoff contention. That is unless they don't do something catastrophic and set themselves back again. You just never know with the Knicks.

13. Chicago Bulls
    Another team that's in the midst of a years long rebuild. They will probably be a little bit better than last year, but they are still a ways away. They will certainly be one of the youngest teams in the league and if they run with a starting lineup of Dunn/LeVine/OPJ/Markkanen/WCJ, Otto Porter would be the oldest player at 26. While youth may give them a bright future, young teams don't win and the 2019-20 Chicago Bulls certainly won't be winning much. In a few years maybe they'll be pretty good, but it's going to take a while.

14. Cleveland Cavaliers
    They really don't have much on their roster at all and I would be shocked if Kevin Love is still on this team by opening night. For some reason the Cavs still have JR Smith on the team even though he literally stays away from the team. They are basically holding him hostage and it doesn't serve them any good to do so. Unless they get an absolute top draft pick in the next couple years, the Cleveland Cavaliers are going to remain in the basement in the lowly Eastern Conference.

15. Charlotte Hornets
    This is the exact same team as last year, except replacing Kemba Walker with Terry Rozier. That's an absolutely huge downgrade and the Charlotte Hornets are going to be the worst team in the NBA next year. Last year they won 39 games, they'll be lucky to win 15 next season. They'll probably be the worst offensive team in the NBA by a large margin and they will have a middling defense at best.

Western Conference
    1. Los Angeles Clippers
    They'll be the best team in the NBA and the favorites to win the championship. They basically replaced Danilo Gallinari and Shai Gilgeous Alexander with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. They'll probably start Bev/Shamet/Kawhi/PG/Zubac and keep Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell with the second unit. Basically the Clippers have two top 10 players and are SUPER deep. Their defense is going to absolutely insane and if anyone beats them it is going to be a true accomplishment. I expect them to be the best team in the NBA all year. This is the most parity we've ever seen in the NBA, but they are the absolute favorite going into the season IMO.

2. Los Angeles Lakers
    I peg the Lakers as the second best team in the NBA next year. Not only did they give Lebron the second star he badly needed in Anthony Davis, they also put together a pretty solid squad around them. DeMarcus Cousins is an extremely undervalued piece, as he produced well with the Warriors coming off a big injury. I think he's going to put up a big season for the Lakers, and they really have a Big 3 of Lebron/AD/Cousins. I think bringing back Rondo was a no brainer. He's not a great shooter, but he distributes the ball well and played well with AD/Boogie in New Orleans. McGee will be a good backup center/spot starter if Boogie is hurt or needs rest, Green and Cook are going to spread the floor well, Bradley and KCP will defend the peremiter. Kuzma will get some time to shine with the second unit, and Dudley was a good signing as well. I even think the duo of Lebron and AD, two top 5 players, is better than the duo of Kawhi and Paul George, two top 10 players. I just think the Clippers have the better roster going into the season. We'll see what happens between now and May/June, but as of right now, advantage Clippers.

3. Houston Rockets
    OKC fans are going to watch this season and only wonder what if. What if the Thunder never traded James Harden in 2012. Two thirds of the insane trio that was KD/Russ/Harden are back together, and it will just be insane to watch. All three of those players have won the league MVP award and while the the entire talk of the NBA will be the two teams in Los Angeles, the Rockets are going to be right there battling them for NBA supremacy. For Houston to actually win they are going to need more all time seasons out of Harden and Westbrook. Harden has finished top two in MVP voting in four of the last five seasons while Westbrook has averaged a triple double in three consecutive seasons. One thing that really helps them win now is they didn't gut the roster to acquire Westbrook. They kept Capella, Gordon, and Tucker. Guys they're going to need to beat the LA teams.

4. Denver Nuggets
    They are a really good team that's knocking on the door, the problem is the West just got a whole lot tougher. Kawhi and PG teamed up in Los Angeles, Anthony Davis joined Lebron James in Los Angeles, Harden and Westbrook are together again in Houston, Utah improved, and the two teams who met in the WCF last year, Portland and Golden State, are still around as well. All this happened while Denver stood pat. While they are a young team that's already really good and getting better, it probably won't do them any good next season. They are a fantastic team that will be a better more experienced version of themselves from last year, but they just watched several teams pass them for this upcoming season. Denver should keep this team together as long as possible, they could even win a championship in the next five years, they just won't in 2019-20. It really is a Wild Wild Western Conference when the Denver Nuggets are the 4th best team in the Conference

5. Golden State Warriors
    People can say what they want, but the Warriors are still going to be really good next year. After all the changes, and with Klay out, I'm not sure how good they'll be at the start of the season but by the stretch run I believe they'll be back to an elite team. After losing in the Finals and then losing KD, the Warriors are going to come back with something to prove. You know who else has something to prove? D'Angelo Russell and Willie Cauley-Stein. It's going to take Russell time to really mesh with Curry, and the dynamic will change again once Klay gets back, but Golden State is going to give D-Lo everything he needs to succeed. Cauley-Stein is an absolutely perfect fit for the Warriors. A Center who defends the paint very well, doesn't need offensive plays ran through him and is still explosive underneath the basket. To get him at that price would be a huge win for any team, let alone for the Warriors who he's the perfect center for. The Warriors as we knew them are dead, but the NBA is going to realize that Golden State is still a powerhouse when they run a lineup D-Lo/Curry/Klay/Draymond/WCS. They probably won't win the championship, but they'll make a lot of people who overlook them look foolish.

6. Portland Trail Blazers
    Lillard is going to spend the rest of his days in Portland, which means he will never win the NBA Championship. He will probably go down as the greatest player to never win a championship, which is a sad but honorable feat. He'll be remembered as the Superstar who didn't form a super team in this era. The Derek Jeter of the steroid era if you will. He, alongside McCollum, will keep Portland very competitive and in the playoffs, but it will never be enough to win the championship. They'll probably even get a lot out of Hassan Whitside, who was basically lazy as hell in Miami, unless the flip him for Kevin Love (probably the better option). Portland is never really going away as long as Lillard is around.

7. Utah Jazz
    They got better than they were last year, basically replacing Rubio and Favors for Conley and Bogdanovic. Conley is a much greater offensive threat than Rubio, but Rubio is the better defender and more durable, and while Bodanovic is also a better scorer than Favors, losing Favors is going to be a blow on the defensive end. The Jazz, a team who routinely started both Favors and Gobert together for years, seem to finally be conforming to the small ball era. I think the Jazz will be very good, but just being very good simply isn't enough in this insane Western Conference. They are almost certainly headed for a first round exit.

8. San Antonio Spurs
    As long as they have Gregg Popovich, they are going to be a very good team. The Spurs won 48 games last year and while the West got a lot tougher this summer, one thing that nobody talks about is the return of 22 year old Dejounte Murray. For those of you who don't remember who he is, he took the starting point guard spot away from Tony Parker, which ultimately led to Parker leaving San Antonio. Murray is a very gifted defender and many people, the Spurs included, believed he was going to have a breakout season last year before tearing his ACL in the pre season. With him back, the Spurs look to have a solid starting five of Murray/DeRozan/Gay/LMA/Poetl that will keep them competitive. Two other young guys people should pay attention to are Luka Samanic and Lonnie Walker IV. Death, taxes, and Pop's Spurs making the playoffs are the three certainties in life.

9. Dallas Mavericks
    Doncic and Porzingis is going to be a modern day Nash and Dirk, they're just not quite ready to ascend to the playoffs in this super conference. I believe the Mavericks finish with a winning record and be one of the most improved teams in the NBA from last year, where they won 33 games. Dallas just needs time to put more pieces around them. Luckily for the Mavericks, they've got quite a bit of time considering when the season starts Doncic will be 20 and KP will be 24. Dallas is a team on the rise.

10. New Orleans Pelicans
    Speaking of a team on the rise, the Pelicans will be a fun young team featuring (age when the season starts) Zion (19), Lonzo (22), Ingram (21), Hayes (19), Alexander-Walker (20), Hart (24), Diallo (22), Favors (28), and Holiday (29). JJ Reddick (35) and E'Twaun Moore (30) are the only players older than 29 on the roster. While New Orleans has a very bright future, like the Chicago Bulls, they are too young to win. While they obviously have much more talent than the Bulls currently do, they are in a much tougher conference and it's going to lead to a similar result; which is more losses than wins. I expect 35 to 40 wins from the Pelicans, and Zion will win Rookie of the Year averaging something like 21 points, 8 rebounds.

11. Sacramento Kings
    I think the Kings are set to take a small step back from last year when they won 39 games. The Kings are young and they have a keeper in De'Aaron Fox. Bagley is coming off a good rookie year and guys like Hield, Giles, and Bogdanovic have a lot of potential as well. Much like the Mavericks and Pelicans, potential isn't going to help them in 2019-20, and the loss of WCS is going to be noticeable. I figure the Kings will win between 30-35 games and never really be in the hunt for the playoffs.

12. Minnesota Timberwolves
    The T-Wolves were 4-6 with Jimmy Butler, and 32-40 without him last year and I see them continuing to slide down the Western Conference standings. KAT continues to put up solid numbers, but the team is bad and Wiggins is getting worse. While they were interested in D'Angelo Russell and possibly Russell Westbrook, they didn't get either of them and have mostly stood pat this offseason. They are a team that won 36 games that didn't get any better while the top half of the conference got significantly better. Sounds like a recipe to lose more games to me.

13. Phoenix Suns
    For the first time since 14-15 (5 seasons ago including this year), the Suns will not finish last or second to last in the Western Conference, they will finish third to last. I believe the addition of Ricky Rubio, plus the development of Ayton/Bridges, and the consistency of Booker will lift the Suns up one rung on the Western Conference ladder. As to how many more losing seasons Booker can take before he wants out is anyone's guess, but Phoenix still has a long way to go and I'm skeptical they'll ever get there.

14. Memphis Grizzlies
    Gone are Mike Conley Jr and Marc Gasol and replaced with Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr. Maybe one day they'll be able to lead the Grizzlies to heights that their predecessors could not, but that day won't be this season. This season will see a lot of losing, more than last year. Memphis won 33 games last year with Conley as their best player, I think they'll win fewer than 25 games next year as Morant will need time to grow as a young point guard.

15. Oklahoma City Thunder
    OKC has finally reached the fate they've been destined for ever since trading away James Harden to the Houston Rockets on October 27th, 2012 (2,450 days ago). That day forever changed not only the franchise, but the NBA as a whole. In the three season Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden were teammates on OKC, they only lost to the eventual NBA champions. Their first year together, 2009-10, they were the #8 seed in the West and played the Kobe/Gasol Lakers in a tough 6 game first round series. The Lakers went on to beat the Celtics in the Finals. In 2010-11, they finished as the #4 seed in the West and made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals where they lost to the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks went on to defeat the Miami Heat in the Finals. In 2011-12, they finished as the #2 seed in the West and went on to lose in the Finals to the Miami Heat. At the time of the Harden trade, KD was 24 while Harden and Westbrook were both 23. Had OKC never made that trade, KD would have never went to Golden State because the Thunder probably would have won the championship before Golden State ascended onto the scene in 2015. We would have seen the trio of KD/Harden/Russ directly compete against the trio of Steph/Klay/Draymond for Western Supremacy from 2015-today. Alas they did trade James Harden, and the duo of KD/Russ wasn't enough to beat the Warriors so KD left to Golden State, and OKC paired Paul George with Russ to delay the departure of the last piece of a would be dynasty. However PG got "buyer's remorse" and was probably easily convinced to join Kawhi in his hometown Los Angeles, clearing the way for Westbrook to get traded as well. Now the Thunder are without all three of the superstar trio of a lifetime. Yes they did get a combined seven 1st round draft picks and four pick swaps for Paul George and Russell Westbrook, but what are the odds that all those picks turn into anything close to a trio of KD/Harden/Russ? That's a top 20 player all time (KD), the greatest scorer since Michael Jordan (Harden), and one of only two players ever to average a triple double in a single season, and he's done it three years in a row (Russ). We'll never see a trio like those three drafted to one team again, and we'll always wonder what if the Thunder never traded James Harden. Just like we all wonder what would have happened if Portland drafted Michael Jordan over Sam Bowie.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 07-12-2019 at 09:22 AM.

I would say don't underestimate the warriors yet wait and see curry and dlo first who knows they might be best duos in west.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I would say don't underestimate the warriors yet wait and see curry and dlo first who knows they might be best duos in west.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    Where the Knicks really called a first class franchise in a Woj tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think they're a 6-9 seed in the west this year. I just think they lost too much and didn't replace it.
    Youíre list puts them no higher than 10. They did lost KD and Iggy and Klay will miss a lot of the year so I understand thinking they wonít be top 4 especially when the west is what it is but thatís a hot take. We added DLO and WCS. We have young guards that have flashed talent. Warriors 100% will make the playoffs.

What is the Warriors starting lineup going to be? For all of you who are picking the Warriors to finish ahead of teams like Portland, Denver, or Utah... you should look at the Warriors entire roster and their lineup. I'm sorry, they aren't better than those teams.

PG - Curry
    SG - D-Lo
    SF - Mckinnie???
    PF - Draymond
    C - Looney or Cauley-Stein

Bench: Looney or Cauley-Stein, Alec Burks, Glenn Robinson, Poole, etc.

I respect Golden State and what they've accomplished, but that lineup isn't competitive with teams like Portland, Denver, Utah, etc. Curry is going to have to carry this team and be unanimous MVP for this team to be a top 5 seed in the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    8) Magic - Finished strong last year, but still lacking at PG.
    hey Hey HEY!!!!! Dont disrespect the man who pretty much single handedly won a playoff game for us! the GREAT DJ Augustin! And we have the next big thing at PG! You dont remember how great Markelle Fultz was supposed to be! Hes around somewhere (though my magic have no idea when he's going to play again )

First Sim League Title!

What is the Warriors starting lineup going to be? For all of you who are picking the Warriors to finish ahead of teams like Portland, Denver, or Utah... you should look at the Warriors entire roster and their lineup. I'm sorry, they aren't better than those teams.

PG - Curry
    SG - D-Lo
    SF - Mckinnie???
    PF - Draymond

I respect Golden State and what they've accomplished, but that lineup isn't competitive with teams like Portland, Denver, Utah, etc. Curry is going to have to carry this team and be unanimous MVP for this team to be a top 5 seed in the West.
    There is also a 17 mil trade exception that will be available to use now or when Klay comes back (projected around Christmas). They will be competitive.

PG - Curry
    SG - D-Lo
    SF - Mckinnie???
    PF - Draymond

Depends how early Klay comes back (the posted 5 to 7 months average recovery after surgery puts him late November to early February), and whether or not they trade Russell (and obviously even for who). But if Draymond tries (I think he will since he knows they need it and it's a contract year), that's still a VERY strong top 3. The SF rotation, defense and bench are massive issues which will keep them from the top of the West, but they will still likely float a bit above .500 until Klay gets back and should finish 15 or so games above .500. By the playoffs (depending on a trade), they're still going to be hell for every team to beat.

**** though that bench really is going to cost them a good handful of games in the first few months . It's one of the worst I've seen in a while.
    Last edited by tredigs; 07-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    There is also a 17 mil trade exception that will be available to use now or when Klay comes back (projected around Christmas). They will be competitive.
    Can you expand on this or link?

Edit: I see that's the exception from the Iggy trade and they have only 1 year to use it. What that means is they can get a potentially MASSIVE haul for Russell when the time comes (they can effectively take on >45 million in salary him). Although, does this mean the hard cap only lasts through December 15th?
    Last edited by tredigs; 07-12-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    Being rubbed up right against the hard cap, that is useless for this season.

That's fair, you got the Nets that high even with KD out all season?
    For now yeah I think Kyrie and Jordan will find a way to carry them to a decent record.

Being rubbed up right against the hard cap, that is useless for this season.
    Ah so the hard cap does retain through the whole year? I wonder if it means they can still use it at the beginning of next free agency if so. I do know its only for 1 year though.

PG - Curry
    SG - D-Lo
    SF - Mckinnie???
    PF - Draymond

I think the cool thing about teams with systems is the individual talent isn't quite as important. It matters to be sure, it's a talent league but systems can hide that some.

I personally feel like Poole, Burks, Spellman and WCS fit into Kerr's system flawlessly. Robinson 3 and D-Lo are very athletic dudes who should find their way. Smailagić played for the Santa Cruz Warriors last season, he already knows the system.

You then have carryovers of Looney, McKinnie and Evans who should be just fine.

None of those guys are world beaters but the system will help them all. Kerr has no issue going 12 deep.

Steph and Dray will do the heavy lifting but I really feel like the Warriors are gonna shock people with their regular season win total.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast