Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What did the Spurs gain? Meanwhile look at what the Cavs and Pels gained.

Reading is key
    A fully healthy Dejounte Murray who was supposed to be their starting up and coming point guard. One of the best defensive PGs in the NBA.

Another year of experience for 2 players who "broke out" and made a name for themselves in the series vs Denver. PG Derrick White and SG Bryn Forbes.

Last seasons 1st round pick Lonnie Walker who showed flashes of explosiveness got one more year of experience, and offseason to improve. He should be ready to contribute off the bench. They are a playoff team where the Pels are a fun young team who doesnt know any better. They have to learn how to play together, learn how to make the playoffs, where as the Spurs players all know this and have a better coach/system for player development.

First Sim League Title!

So are we going regular season or post season?

Reg season it's gonna be:
    1 Clippers
    2 Jazz
    3 Sixers
    4 Bucks
    5 Rockets
    6 Lakers
    7 Nets
    8 Nuggets
    9 Blazers
    10 Pacers

Next 5:
    11 Celtics
    12 Mavericks
    13 Raptors
    14 Pelicans
    15 Spurs
    So based on this you have the West as

1. Clippers
    2. Jazz
    3. Rockets
    4. Lakers
    5. Nuggets
    6. Blazers
    7. Mavs
    8. Pelicans
    9. Spurs

This should be in the hot takes thread.

The Warriors have a system, dudes are gonna be able to plug right into it. If Curry can stay healthy the Warriors will make the playoffs.

I wish the Kings were in the East, but I still think they can make a jump into the playoffs. I don't know who would miss the playoffs for the Kings to get in, but I won't count them out. Really good young core and a really deep roster.

Mavs are another team that I think would make the playoffs in the East. I don't love their depth, but the Doncic and Porzingas combo is really intriguing.

I also think the Pels would have a shot in the East too. Deep, athletic roster. That's an interesting team this year.

Three Western teams that you'd have to project 9, 10, 11 in the West, but would have a really good shot at making the playoffs in the East. I'm assuming Westbrook is going to get traded, but if he doesn't add them as another non-playoff West team that would have a good shot in the East.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

What did the Spurs gain? Meanwhile look at what the Cavs and Pels gained.

Reading is key
    "Reading is key"

Says the guy who just said they would be a "6-9 seed" and has 9 West teams above them at the very least. Meaning you have them as a 10-15 seed.

The Spurs were a 48 win team and make it a point to make the playoffs. Much tougher to pass then younger unproven teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    Do you think the subtraction of Butler puts the sixers ahead of the bucks?
    And the addition of Horford, while the Bucks lost Brogdon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    A fully healthy Dejounte Murray who was supposed to be their starting up and coming point guard. One of the best defensive PGs in the NBA.

Another year of experience for 2 players who "broke out" and made a name for themselves in the series vs Denver. PG Derrick White and SG Bryn Forbes.

Last seasons 1st round pick Lonnie Walker who showed flashes of explosiveness got one more year of experience, and offseason to improve. He should be ready to contribute off the bench. They are a playoff team where the Pels are a fun young team who doesnt know any better. They have to learn how to play together, learn how to make the playoffs, where as the Spurs players all know this and have a better coach/system for player development.
    Right, but I still have both in the playoffs. Let me break it down to my most basic thing though....I think the Pels have the best player between the two teams in Jrue.

Right, but I still have both in the playoffs. Let me break it down to my most basic thing though....I think the Pels have the best player between the two teams in Jrue.
    i think thats crazy, but thats your opinion so I respect it

but you really think Jrue is better than Demarr? Cause I really dont. Demarr has proven he can be a #1 option on a consistent playoff team where Jrue has never been asked to be the #1 option and probably wont be asked to be the #1 option on this current roster.

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Let my HEAT get West before making predictions.

Best offseasons in order:

Heat
    Clippers
    Jazz
    lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Clippers did what they were expected to do. Miami built a contender with 0 cap space.
    lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    So based on this you have the West as

1. Clippers
    2. Jazz
    3. Rockets
    4. Lakers
    5. Nuggets
    6. Blazers
    7. Mavs
    8. Pelicans
    9. Spurs

This should be in the hot takes thread.

The Warriors have a system, dudes are gonna be able to plug right into it. If Curry can stay healthy the Warriors will make the playoffs.
    It might be a hot take, but I sort of agree that the Warriors are no lock for the playoffs in the West. Some are saying they will be a 3-6 seed, but I think they will be battling for a 7-8 seed and with their paper thin roster they could be on the outside looking in if they get hit with the injury bug. I'm not impressed with their roster. Their defense won't be close to what it was and they are paper thin in the scoring department with just Curry and D'Angelo, the latter being a pretty inefficient volume scorer. Curry, Draymond, and Kerr might be enough to get that team into the playoffs, but it will be a lower seed at best if they do get in IMO. Bottom line is, the West is really deep and that roster is filled with flaws.

It's not just that they lost Durant. Klay is out most of the season too and they lost other key players who played created that culture. Outside of Looney and Draymond, not a ton of good defenders on that team either, so we'll see if the defensive system holds up. I've always been of the belief that they were a great defensive team because they were loaded with good individual defenders who had length. They no longer have that either... to go along with the lack of scoring. I personally think Bob Meyers tried to make the best of a bad situation and he honestly did the best he could, but I can't say for sure it will be enough this upcoming season. When Klay gets healthy and if they can tweak the roster a bit, then they might look more like a contender again.

I'm not going with the hot take that the Pelicans will be better than them, but I do think the Warriors are battling just to be a 7-8 seed this year.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    i think thats crazy, but thats your opinion so I respect it

but you really think Jrue is better than Demarr? Cause I really dont. Demarr has proven he can be a #1 option on a consistent playoff team where Jrue has never been asked to be the #1 option and probably wont be asked to be the #1 option on this current roster.
    He was a number 1 option and allstar in philly at like 22 23

This is kind of incomplete until the offseason is finished, especially with Westbrook on the market, but here we go.

Western Conference:

1) Clippers - Hard to pick against them. They have it all on both sides of the ball.
    2) Lakers - Maybe they are top heavy, but I think they quietly had a solid offseason after the AD trade.
    3) Jazz - They had a great offseason and move up a few spots in the tight West.
    4) Rockets - A lot going on with this team so could move up or down depending on what happens next.
    5) Nuggets - They won't be the 2 seed again, but overall their success was mostly sustainable.
    6) Blazers - They are not far behind the 5 teams above them at least as far as the regular season is concerned.
    7) Warriors - No bench, only 2 good scorers, lost a ton of their defensive length... still have Curry though.
    8) Spurs - Pop + veteran stars + some better health = just enough to make the playoffs in the deep Wild West.
    9) Kings - Young, deep, ascending roster. Can Luke Walton steer the ship? I have no clue.
    10) Mavs - That Euro 1-2 punch makes you wanna drool. The rest of the roster, not so much.
    11) Pelicans - Young, deep, athletic roster. They are a year away for me though.
    12) Wolves - Good enough to compete every night, but not good enough to seriously contend for a playoff spot.
    13) Grizzlies - I love the young nucleus they are building, but they are just too young this year.
    14) OKC - I'm assuming Westbrook gets traded. Losing your two superstars hurts, but they got assets for a rebuild.
    15) Suns - Trust the process.

Eastern Conference:

1) Bucks - I don't think losing Brogdon moves them down from the top spot especially with Kawhi now out of the East.
    2) 76ers - Are they better or worse than last year? No idea, but they are here by default.
    3) Celtics - Less is more for this team.
    4) Raptors - I think they still have what it takes to remain competitive.
    5) Pacers - Solid team that remains a solid team.
    6) Nets - They've improved, but I still have them 6th. With Durant next year, they should become #1 in the East.
    7) Heat - As it stands now, I have them 7th but there is a big drop off after the top 6 in the East.
    8) Magic - Finished strong last year, but still lacking at PG.
    9) Detroit - Blake has improved his offensive game, but this team is still lacking around him.
    10) Hawks - I like the direction they are moving in. Could rise up in the rankings.
    11) Wizards - I'm not feeling a bounce back here.
    12) Bulls - There is some young talent here, but they have to come a long way to rise above this spot.
    13) Cavs - Some young talent here too, but they have a long ways to go.
    14) Knicks - Rough offseason will lead to a rough season.
    15) Hornets - Kemba carried this team. He gone now.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 07-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    He was a number 1 option and allstar in philly at like 22 23
    That was a long time ago and quite a few injuries ago and he was a little faster/athletic

Iím not dogging Jrue but that was 7-8 years ago where Demarr was 1b on SAS just last season and 1a on the Raps 2 seasons ago

Demarrs teams have also been more successful than Jrue and Jrue had a privilege with playing what some say was a top 5 player and a no doubt top 10 player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    "Reading is key"

Says the guy who just said they would be a "6-9 seed" and has 9 West teams above them at the very least. Meaning you have them as a 10-15 seed.

The Spurs were a 48 win team and make it a point to make the playoffs. Much tougher to pass then younger unproven teams.
    He was drunk when he made the list.

I think some of you guys are underestimating the Warriors, yeah they lost KD and will be without Klay for a bit, but D-Lo will be playing with something to prove and WCS will be in a perfect situation. They'll both be awesome next year.

Also this list won't be fully accurate until we find out the fate of Russell Westbrook. If he does go to Miami they would probably squeak into the top 10, whereas if he goes to the Rockets they will shoot up farther than they already are.

Top 10 currently (no Westbrook trade)
    1. Los Angeles Clippers
    2. Los Angeles Lakers
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Golden State
    5. Houston
    6. Denver
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Portland
    9. Utah
    10. Indiana

Top 10 if Westbrook goes to Heat