Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Im not offended by "sexism". I just took the opportunity to call him a *****. > :^)
    You don't have to be offended to make it wrong.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why? Unless they get them for that criminally insane deal Albies signed, these guys dont touch FA till 2025. McNeil will be 32 then and Alonso 29.
    If we had a GM who wasn't a stupid idiot, Alonso would be 30.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Everyone's sexist to a degree. Its normal. Plus I can tell from another thread this dudes got some serious anger management issues. If it was sexism it was pretty mild. I actually thought you were kidding when you called him out on it and chuckled. I think people need to lighten up.

Everyone's sexist to a degree. Its normal. Plus I can tell from another thread this dudes got some serious anger management issues. If it was sexism it was pretty mild. I actually thought you were kidding when you called him out on it and chuckled. I think people need to lighten up.
    Keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    If we had a GM who wasn't a stupid idiot, Alonso would be 30.
    They did it under the pretense that they were going to be competitive in 2019 and that he was going to help their playoff chances in a tight NL. In hindsight, they should have waited but that's the benefit of hindsight.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.

When I end up being right I want a prize. Maybe a trophy or something. Ill have to think what I want it to say.
    This is what happens when you don't give a child the proper attention.

That's sexist.
    Holy ****, no. Not even remotely. He didn't say "coming from a girl," he said "coming from the girl who..."

Stop white-knighting, dude.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/...mokeshow-pics/

Alonso has won a lot in life. His girlfriend is hot af.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/...mokeshow-pics/

Alonso has won a lot in life. His girlfriend is hot af.
    Not my cup o' tea. I'm more of a Mrs. Nimmo kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Not my cup o' tea. I'm more of a Mrs. Nimmo kinda guy.
    Her body is banging. The long blonde hair is a nice touch too.

They did it under the pretense that they were going to be competitive in 2019 and that he was going to help their playoff chances in a tight NL. In hindsight, they should have waited but that's the benefit of hindsight.
    Except I was against it from the beginning, so Im not using hindsight but you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    This is what happens when you don't give a child the proper attention.
    Well, tbh, Its probably the opposite. I grew up getting what I wanted because I was the youngest and I was an angel as a kid. I mean I was really nice and shy. Definitely a brat but a nice brat.

It cracks me up that you probably think I actually want a trophy. No. I want money. But we cant do that here.

Petes gf is prettier than Nimmos. But Petes cuter than Nimmo so it makes sense.

Except I was against it from the beginning, so Im not using hindsight but you knew that.
    You were but i was more bullish on this team and how close the NL (as a whole) and specifically NL East would be for a playoff spot. Most prognosticators, Vegas, etc had this being a division with 4 good teams and the Marlins. Sadly, for our sake this season is over. Maybe Pete breaks the home run record. That would be some consolation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-09-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Alonso is the next "Captain America". The media clearly loves him. He's a great interview and very active on social media -- perfect for GenZ. He likes attention and performs well under a microscope = perfect for NYC. I think he's been with the same girlfriend since before draft day (more like DW and less like Matt Harvey) = perfect for family values, marketing, endorsements, etc.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast