Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 678

Thread: Pete Alonso

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No ****. Thanks for stating the obvious. Anyone who has failed this badly in his first season won't double down on a losing philosophy. That doesn't mean Joe Girardi will be the next Met manager. None of that really matters though because Brodies not going to have the payroll room necessary to fix everything and he only complicated that by adding Cano's salary.

    So Omar has no responsibility but Brodie going to listen to Omar now? Which one is it?

    Ultimately its a group effort. Anyone who works on the roster construction side of that team is at fault and that includes ownership.
    Omar is not the GM. He can suggest whatever the **** he wants. Its Brodies decision to listen or not. You cant grasp that Brodie is a douchebag who did his own thing and now realizes how badly he ****ed up? I cant wait to be right.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Thats when they were still riding the Madoff gravy train. We know they don't like to waste money. That's part of the reason why Callaway is still here. Why else would he be?
    As a shield. And he was a good shield. Til Eiland ratted BVW out.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Omar is not the GM. He can suggest whatever the **** he wants. Its Brodies decision to listen or not. You cant grasp that Brodie is a douchebag who did his own thing and now realizes how badly he ****ed up? I cant wait to be right.
    If you think Brodie went into this making all the decisions without any input, that's on you. There's a reason why Omar is still here and in the position he's in when Brodie had no background in a front office role.

    And if you think Jeff has no input on the roster decisions, you're in a world no one can rescue you from. Again there is a documented history of the Wilpons meddling. It's not my fault you choose to ignore it. Not to mention, the Wilpons don't spend the money to acquire the best talent so that makes a GM's job even more difficult.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-09-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    As a shield. And he was a good shield. Til Eiland ratted BVW out.
    Anyone with a brain knows Callaway is not the reason this team sucks. Even a great manager is worth what, maybe 5 more regular season wins? Where managing matters more is the playoffs. I wouldn't want Callaway anywhere near a playoff team.

    Dude's a dead duck. Put him out of his misery.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-09-2019 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Anyone with a brain knows Callaway is not the reason this team sucks. Even a great manager is worth what, maybe 5 more regular season wins? Where managing matters more is the playoffs. I wouldn't want Callaway anywhere near a playoff team.

    Dude's a dead duck. Put him out of his misery.
    Reading comprehension is causing most of your problem here. There are a lot of reasons this team sucks. BVW being the main reason. He has been using Callaway as a shield. I guarantee I can find posts of you going off on Callaway before all found out how much BVW was micromanaging... Meaning it was working. Callaway will not be anywhere near a playoff team since this is not a playoff team and he will be gone at the end of this season. Then Girardi walks in like Mr Mcmahon in his orange tie!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Reading comprehension is causing most of your problem here. There are a lot of reasons this team sucks. BVW being the main reason. He has been using Callaway as a shield. I guarantee I can find posts of you going off on Callaway before all found out how much BVW was micromanaging... Meaning it was working. Callaway will not be anywhere near a playoff team since this is not a playoff team and he will be gone at the end of this season. Then Girardi walks in like Mr Mcmahon in his orange tie!
    You're not listening. Callaway isn't a shield because Met fans know the team being put together is on Brodie and company. Early in the season, it was easy to blame Callaway. It wasn't his fault then and its only more obvious its not his fault now.

    I know this isn't a playoff team. I'm just saying if this team was a playoff team, I wouldn't want him as the manager.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,149
    We know NOW, but less than a month ago Id bet my life I can find you making meatheaded posts calling for Callaways head. Hes no longer an effective shield but the seasons over. There's no rush to replace him but he will be replaced and when he is that manager will be experienced, they will be vocal and they will know how to handle the press.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No its not. I was making a factual statement and it doesn't change how wrong she is. A new alpha/experienced manager won't make them significantly better. That's on Brodie to acquire better players and Jeff to give him the money to make the moves necessary to do so.

    Brodie's tenure here will always be mitigated by what Jeff allows him to do. It was the same with Alderson. This team not being good is a group effort.
    What does her being a girl have to do with your statement?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What does her being a girl have to do with your statement?
    Nothing but she is a girl is she not? You're reading into what you want to think is there when its not.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    We know NOW, but less than a month ago Id bet my life I can find you making meatheaded posts calling for Callaways head. Hes no longer an effective shield but the seasons over. There's no rush to replace him but he will be replaced and when he is that manager will be experienced, they will be vocal and they will know how to handle the press.
    You wouldn't. I wasn't immune to criticizing but that's what everyone does.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,149
    Im not offended by "sexism". I just took the opportunity to call him a *****. > :^)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,295
    I know this won’t happen but the Coupons need to lock Pete and McNeil up now. They could get both to sign team friendly deals for 5-6 years

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I know this won’t happen but the Coupons need to lock Pete and McNeil up now. They could get both to sign team friendly deals for 5-6 years
    Why? Unless they get them for that criminally insane deal Albies signed, these guys dont touch FA till 2025. McNeil will be 32 then and Alonso 29.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nothing but she is a girl is she not? You're reading into what you want to think is there when its not.
    You are the one who brought gender into the conversation.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You are the one who brought gender into the conversation.
    But you brought up the non existent sexism.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •