Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Alonso

Pete Alonso

Pete Alonso says the Mets have the most loyal fans in baseball:

"It's very easy to hop on a bandwagon - we have the Yankees and they have 27 World Series. For people to stay true to the Mets and not deviate and waver, I think that's a sign of loyal fans"

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/pete-al...ball/308867214
    Last edited by marychristine; 07-08-2019 at 11:22 PM.

He should have mentioned the Mets also have the worst ownership...but he’ll learn that soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He should have mentioned the Mets also have the worst ownership...but he’ll learn that soon enough
    Why would he do that, Larry? Hes full of class.

Although he did say this

"It doesn't matter how much jelly is in the jar," Alonso said. "It matters how you spread it on your English Muffin." [emoji102]

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Although he did say this

"It doesn't matter how much jelly is in the jar," Alonso said. "It matters how you spread it on your English Muffin." [emoji102]
    I guess he doesn't like the Cano deal either.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I guess he doesn't like the Cano deal either.
    Oh...I thought 'jar' was a euphemism for big meat.

What's a slouch?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Chevy chase was never funny.

Chevy chase was never funny.
    I have to disagree.

Pete gets it but you can tell he got it from his interviews in spring training. The guy loves playing baseball and wants to help this team win. Too bad ownership sucks donkey nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I have to disagree.
    Go ahead... He was the least funny in the 3 Amigos and I saw that when I was 6. I knew it then.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Pete gets it but you can tell he got it from his interviews in spring training. The guy loves playing baseball and wants to help this team win. Too bad ownership sucks donkey nuts.
    We should be in a lot better place next season. BVW has been humbled and humiliated into submission. And Ive been right about every single thing since Ive been here so try not to worry too much about the clowns who own this team.

We should be in a lot better place next season. BVW has been humbled and humiliated into submission. And Ive been right about every single thing since Ive been here so try not to worry too much about the clowns who own this team.
    Its not just Brodie. This ownership has a losing and meddling reputation that pre dates this GM. Do you really think Brodie was the only one making decisions this past offseason? I don't and it will be that way with the next GM, whoever that is.

Jeff Wilpon is no different than James Dolan with the exception of James spending money.

As far as Ive heard, Jeff is letting Brodie run the show. You think the Wilpons wanted that Cano contract? Guys like Jeff see guys like VW and get mesmerized so it really is not that unbelievable. Like I already told you, dont worry about it. A) you cant make the Wilpons sell B) Im always right.

As far as Ive heard, Jeff is letting Brodie run the show. You think the Wilpons wanted that Cano contract? Guys like Jeff see guys like VW and get mesmerized so it really is not that unbelievable. Like I already told you, dont worry about it. A) you cant make the Wilpons sell B) Im always right.
    Yeah I do as opposed to going after bigger fish like Machado or Harper. The Wilpons wanted a splash to sell tickets but not the type of splash necessary to dramatically improve the team (potentially). This is the Wilpon's track record of going after second tier stars because they are cheaper than going after the superstar in his prime.

I'm aware the Wilpons won't sell. Again, my membership here pre dates yours by about 8 years and this is nothing I haven't said or heard.

No one is always right.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast