Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Great analogy.

Much has been debated about whether he's a troll. I don't think he's a troll. I just don't think he knows baseball very well.
    That's fair, but what makes me think he is a troll is that he doesn't know much about baseball yet insists that he does. Saying things like Gleyber Torres provides GG value? That no other star rookie fell off in the second half? You can't be serious while making those claims. You just can't.

And "Is your Zodiac sign the facepalm" is my new thing. Stealing it. Stolen it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's fair, but what makes me think he is a troll is that he doesn't know much about baseball yet insists that he does. Saying things like Gleyber Torres provides GG value? That no other star rookie fell off in the second half? You can't be serious while making those claims. You just can't.

And "Is your Zodiac sign the facepalm" is my new thing. Stealing it. Stolen it, actually.
    I never said no rookie has ever fallen off in the 2nd half, and G Torres does provide GG caliber defense at 2nd base.
    Again I'll ask you Joe what do you bring to the table all you do is quote others and call me a troll.
    What are the baseball musings of JoeGamer

He's not defending the "****" out of himself as much as he's continuing to use false information to support his disproven premise. But hey, if that makes him a champion in your eyes, go for it.
    What is my disproven premise, that Pete will regress next year, do you have a time machine, how do you know what he'll do next year

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    What is my disproven premise, that Pete will regress next year, do you have a time machine, how do you know what he'll do next year
    No. That Pete's record setting rookie year came only because he had a great first half even though he had a great second half, too.

The highest form of flattery. Thank you.

No. That Pete's record setting rookie year came only because he had a great first half even though he had a great second half, too.
    I dont think he had a great 2nd half, so be it.

You avoided my question twice already today, I'll ask again next 10 years who you taking Acuna or Pete

I never said no rookie has ever fallen off in the 2nd half, and G Torres does provide GG caliber defense at 2nd base.
    Again I'll ask you Joe what do you bring to the table all you do is quote others and call me a troll.
    What are the baseball musings of JoeGamer
    Are you kidding me?
    Can you provide anything that can back that up?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I never said no rookie has ever fallen off in the 2nd half,
    You said Acuna and I think Torres didn't fall off in their rookie years. Another poster dunked on you for it.

and G Torres does provide GG caliber defense at 2nd base.
    Um, no. Not only is that not true, but he's better at SS than 2nd.

Just as we did with base running, letís examine advanced fielding stats. At second base, Torres has obtained a -4 DRS, .615 RZR, -2.1 UZR and a -8.1 UZR/150. At shortstop, Torres has obtained a 0 DRS, .748 RZR, -2.0 UZR and a -4.8 UZR/150. If we take a glimpse at the league averages, among qualified second basemen, -9 DRS, .733 RZR, 3.5 UZR, and a 0.1 UZR/150 are listed. Among qualified shortstops, 0 DRS, .750 RZR, 2.0 UZR, and a 0.1 UZR/150 are listed.

Just like base running, Torres is below average in every category as a second baseman. As far as shortstops are concerned, he is average when DRS is mentioned, but every other stat across the board clarifies that he is below average. In general, Torres is a below-average fielder but is a much more sufficient shortstop than a second baseman.
    https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...g-and-defense/

Now run and hide.

You said Acuna and I think Torres didn't fall off in their rookie years. Another poster dunked on you for it.

Um, no. Not only is that not true, but he's better at SS than 2nd.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...g-and-defense/

Now run and hide.
    That does not entail me saying no rookie has fallen off a cliff.
    I've seen Torres play a lot, he's lazy at times but an excellent fielder.
    Again Joe all you do is quote or misquote people, give me some of that JoeGamer baseball acumine and come at me with an original thought of your own

Acumine... adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Acumine... adorable.
    Guy does not have original thought ever, he either misquotes me, calls me a troll or pastes someone elses comments

I dont think he had a great 2nd half, so be it.

You avoided my question twice already today, I'll ask again next 10 years who you taking Acuna or Pete
    I don't care what you think. The numbers empirically show he had a great second half. That is indisputable. The more you try the more foolish you look.

Ask a third time for all it matters. Acuna isnt relevant to this conversation.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 09-19-2019 at 10:55 PM.

I don't care what you think. The numbers empirically show he had a great second half. That is indisputable. The more you try the more foolish you look.

Ask a third time for all it matters. Acuna isnt relevant to this conversation.
    Sure its relevant I'm asking your opinion Pete or Acuna next 10 years, just curious who you'll pick

Guy does not have original thought ever, he either misquotes me, calls me a troll or pastes someone elses comments
    Hes pretty generic but Ive seen him have some original thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Hes pretty generic but Ive seen him have some original thoughts.
    Wow really, have you seen the Loch Ness Monster, and Bigfoot too, I would think that's just as rare

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast