Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 678

Thread: Pete Alonso

  1. #436
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Yeah but hes no Acuna and is going to be the next Reese Hodgkins

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    12,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Acuna, Baez and Harper all strikeout at a greater rate than Alonso.
    Bandit is immune to statistics. Literally everything concrete the guy has claimed -- like these players offering "Gold Glove defese" and none of them falling off in their rookie seasons, and Pete merely lucking into a home run now and then in the second half -- has been debunked. Yet he persists.

    It's kind of amazing. Like watching a glacier melt. One piece sloughing off, then another, so big and slow, crashing into the water.

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44,815
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Bandit is immune to statistics. Literally everything concrete the guy has claimed -- like these players offering "Gold Glove defese" and none of them falling off in their rookie seasons, and Pete merely lucking into a home run now and then in the second half -- has been debunked. Yet he persists.

    It's kind of amazing. Like watching a glacier melt. One piece sloughing off, then another, so big and slow, crashing into the water.
    Great analogy.

    Much has been debated about whether he's a troll. I don't think he's a troll. I just don't think he knows baseball very well.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Acuna, Baez and Harper all strikeout at a greater rate than Alonso.
    Ok and your point is

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Bandit is immune to statistics. Literally everything concrete the guy has claimed -- like these players offering "Gold Glove defese" and none of them falling off in their rookie seasons, and Pete merely lucking into a home run now and then in the second half -- has been debunked. Yet he persists.

    It's kind of amazing. Like watching a glacier melt. One piece sloughing off, then another, so big and slow, crashing into the water.
    Why Baez and Acuna arent gold glove quality defenders?
    Dont know why Harper is there I could care less about him.

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Yeah but hes no Acuna and is going to be the next Reese Hodgkins
    Maybe he meant the next Pee Wee Reese? Reese Havens? Mason Reese? Reese Witherspoon? Gil, Russ, or Ron Hodgkins? Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma?

    He really doesn't make it clear.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Ok and your point is
    Is your Zodiac sign the Facepalm?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Yeah but hes no Acuna and is going to be the next Reese Hodgkins
    Who would you take for the next 10 years Acuna or Alonso?

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Ok and your point is
    You said he regressed and pointed to his strikeout rate.
    I countered by saying they're prolific hitters with higher strikeout rates.

    He has the same K% as last year in AAA. So did he regress or is this what par for the course.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe he meant the next Pee Wee Reese? Reese Havens? Mason Reese? Reese Witherspoon? Gil, Russ, or Ron Hodgkins? Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma?

    He really doesn't make it clear.
    Would you take Alonso over Acuna for the next 10 years

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You said he regressed and pointed to his strikeout rate.
    I countered by saying they're prolific hitters with higher strikeout rates.

    He has the same K% as last year in AAA. So did he regress or is this what par for the course.
    Has he struck out more in the 2nd half of the year?

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Who would you take for the next 10 years Acuna or Alonso?
    Acuna for positional value, but I would take Alonso's bat.
    Acuna has a wOBA of .367 and Pete has a wOBA of .387.
    Pete plays in a pitcher's park, Ronald does not.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Has he struck out more in the 2nd half of the year?
    Screw it.

    No he did not, 92 in the 1st to 73 in the 2nd half.

    Thanks for playing.

    We have wonderful parting gifts.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    44,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Would you take Alonso over Acuna for the next 10 years
    How is this relevant? You do realize Pete is exceptional in his own right even if Acuna might be better, correct? He's also not as good as Mike Trout. Was Roberto Clemente not a superstar because he wasn't as good as Willie Mays?

    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    How is this relevant? You do realize Pete is exceptional in his own right even if Acuna might be better, correct? He's also not as good as Mike Trout. Was Roberto Clemente not a superstar because he wasn't as good as Willie Mays?

    So would you take Pete over Acuna next 10 years its a yes or no question.
    With you baseball intellehence I'd like to know your view

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •