Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    He's always taken big cuts, even when he was hitting homers over every fence in the park. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

And his second half has been great because it's more than just July. Again, his OPS in the second half is .885. How is that not great?
    Look it's just going in circles at this point, you guys think he's great I will hold off judgement until I see what he follows up with in 2020.
    It's getting boring now at this point, think it's time for a new topic,
    Fun chatting with you Joe

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    I know you dont hate him. But its not like you like him.
    Going out of town tomorrow Mary, so if Pete has a couple of good games don't think I bailed on you.
    Hope you have a reason to cheer

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Going out of town tomorrow Mary, so if Pete has a couple of good games don't think I bailed on you.
    Hope you have a reason to cheer
    I always have a reason to cheer. And I would never think that...be safe.

His 2nd half is not great, I get the fatigue part, my issue is he completely changed his approach in July, that had nothing to do with fatigue
    An .860 OPS is indeed great. If you knew the first thing about baseball you'd realize that.

I'm not sure you do.

Look it's just going in circles at this point, you guys think he's great I will hold off judgement until I see what he follows up with in 2020.
    It's getting boring now at this point, think it's time for a new topic,
    Fun chatting with you Joe
    So whether he sucks next year has no bearing on how good he was this year. Seems you know as much about logic as you do baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    An .860 OPS is indeed great. If you knew the first thing about baseball you'd realize that.

I'm not sure you do.
    Look FOC I'm sure you're a nice guy, appreciate your passion and hope you have a good rest of season.
    I'm done on this topic , it was fun for a few days but now it's just getting boring

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You're making things up again. His July was awful, but August was his best month of the season. His OPS in the second half is .885. That's the definition of great.

Also, you don't know what you're talking about when you criticize his approach. Results and approach are not the same thing; I haven't checked, but he's almost certainly getting fewer fastballs, and if he is pulling more it could be because he's more out in front of the breaking stuff.
    He's actually pulling the ball a little less in the second half. To go along with that, he's hitting it up the middle more and to the opposite field less.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

he is dead pull now
    Dead wrong. As I've just shown, there's ways to backup statements like this with evidence. Your eye test has clearly failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dead wrong. As I've just shown, there's ways to backup statements like this with evidence. Your eye test has clearly failed you.
    I might be wrong but Bandits opinion might from the broadcast teams of GKR and Howie & Wayne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

He's actually pulling the ball a little less in the second half. To go along with that, he's hitting it up the middle more and to the opposite field less.

Boom.

Bandit has no idea what he's talking about.

Ya know, we all get things wrong sometimes. Bandit's not annoying because he gets things wrong sometimes. No, he's insufferable because he keeps doubling down whenever it's demonstrated that he was wrong.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 09-20-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ya know, we all get things wrong sometimes. Bandit's not annoying because he gets things wrong sometimes. No, he's insufferable because he keeps doubling down whenever he's wrong.
    Thats why I like him. Haha!

You should invite him to your fantasy league

His oppo% is clearly down though and he’s probably hitting more balls more to LCF and having those balls clustered with his “center%.”

His hard hit rate is down as well. It’s clear that he’s not driving the ball to all fields like he did in the 1st half, but by no means does that mean that Pete Alonso has been struggling in the 2nd half. He’s still been great overall.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    You should invite him to your fantasy league
    Sounds like easy money but....no thanks.

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast