Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1663
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Anyone wants to make a play for 31 year old Harden. You guys think our culture can change his attitude towards the game?
    No thanks. They would try to rape Miami. They'd want two of Butler, Bam, or Herro.

Anyone wants to make a play for 31 year old Harden. You guys think our culture can change his attitude towards the game?
    No...

I mean Hell No!

Side note...

When Lbj got AD to the Lakers, that really hurt the HEAT. Could you guys imagine if AD was traded to another team besides the Lakers or still in N.O; he opts out & Miami is waiting for him with open arms.

Miami might have a championship also.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    No...

I mean Hell No!
    From a coaching perspective I believe Miami with the help of Butler could get the best out of Harden and make him a champion depending on what they give up. But Houston would totally try to rape in the trade.

Side note...

When Lbj got AD to the Lakers, that really hurt the HEAT. Could you guys imagine if AD was traded to another team besides the Lakers or still in N.O; he opts out & Miami is waiting for him with open arms.

Miami might have a championship also.
    True.

Harden feeling this way, makes me think he has a little hope in changing his horrible offensive Play style...

https://youtu.be/wSwYC-N6J9c

Wait a second........

I just read we lost Dan Craig to the Clippers? Well that freaking sucks big balls, he was with the organization for 17 years, probably our best player development coach and a great coach overall

The Clippers of course offered him more money and he can use the opportunity to win a title with LAC as a stepping stone for a head coaching gig (even though we were literally just in the finals and they didn't make the conference finals, so go figure)

He was already on path to become a head coach and already had major interest this past season, it's frustrating to say the least

We just hired Caron Butler to be fill the ast. coach vacancy even though I was hoping we reserve that role for UD and make him player/coach (that's if he wanted to take on that role)

UD is back for his 18th year. Looks like a waste of a roster spot. But this is payback for all his sacrifices when he could earn a lot more elsewhere.

UD is back for his 18th year. Looks like a waste of a roster spot. But this is payback for all his sacrifices when he could earn a lot more elsewhere.
    That's exactly what it is. Assistant coach pay wouldn't sniff $2.5M.

Bucks made their move...

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I am not worried at all. Bucks gave up as much as Lakers did for AD. No way I would be happy with us giving up that much for Jrue. But for the Bucks, I get it. They had to. Also, Bojan Bogdanovic pick was awesome.
    Last edited by naps; 11-17-2020 at 02:42 AM.

I feel like we are going to make moves for role players (i.e., Millsap, Mathews). Also, keep Goran and possibly Crowder with the hope of improvement from within. I am fine with it.

Forget Harden. He wants to go to Nets or Sixers. Sixers seem interesting, they could send JRich and Al Horford (more a negative than plus in trade talks now but if he improves with better play and coach could be traded as an asset, kind of how CP3 totally turned his value around and got the Thunder a bunch of assets from Suns just now) and some picks or young player like Thabule for Harden.

I'd also forget about Giannis. Bucks just went all in. They have a stud starting 5 now. I don't see how they don't make it to at least the ECF which will be an improvement for Bucks over last year and could be enough to get Giannis to re-up. And I still think Giannis is a bad fit alongside Jimmy and Bam.

To me the target needs to be Beal. We could try and do a sign and trade with Dragic to Dallas or whoever else for picks/players. Get those assets, together with Nunn and Duncan Robinson and our 1st round pick this year for Beal. Letting Meyers walk and moving Dragic we should have no problems fitting Beal under our cap.

Or we keep Dragic, sign him to 2 years at a lower annual figure (he's expecting a big 1 yr offer from us to keep him while we keep money options open for next year) and sign Gallo for 2 years also because he's rejecting any 2 year deals (the reason we didn't pull the trigger on him last offseason and got Crowder/Iggy instead). Pat wanted him to sign a 1 yr extension and he said he'd sign an extension but only if it was for at least 2 years.

We have such a great young core, keep building it and improving it with guys like Beal or Gallo/Dragic - Jerami Grant or Millsap etc. Getting players like that while shedding players like Meyers / K.O. / DJJ will make us much better and Herro/Bam/Duncan/Nunn developing. To me in terms of age, fit, style, position, Beal makes by far the most sense.
    BRUH

I still the move that is probably going to come back to haunt Miami is letting Schroder get taken for the 28th pick when Miami really needs a good young PG, and could have easily had Schroder and Dragić split time.

Nunn might be a solid scoring guard like a Jordan Clarkson type, but he's clearly not a PG. Not trading for a younger guy handcuffs the team to an aging Dragić or non-PGs pretending to be PG (Herro, Nunn, etc).

That was the first thing I thought. We could have easily got Schroder. My guess is Miami did not even think about him.

That was the first thing I thought. We could have easily got Schroder. My guess is Miami did not even think about him.
    No they haven't even considered it, and this is the 2nd time.

Several years back I was recommending Miami trade Tyler Johnson straight up for Schroder and they didn't. They let OKC step in and trade Carmelo (waived immediately) and a pick to ATL.

Schroder again redeemed his value and now Miami once again let another team get him. I would have easily traded #20 for him if that's all it would have taken. Who knows if Dragić will even be healthy to start the season or what minutes restriction they will have him on IF they can even resign him to a 1yr deal.

I have a really bad guy feeling that Riley will overstep on loyalty and give Dragić a multi-year deal.

Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast