Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    I just have a weird feeling that the CAVS are going to be involved somehow and we will acquire Kevin Love along with Westbrook as well. I just hope we are not giving up any picks WHATSOEVER. We will be doing enough favor by taking those massive salaries off their books. Let them be happy with our expirings. No clue how the math would work though.

Heat Prefer Not to Move Tyler Herro, Bam Adebayo in Potential Russell Westbrook Trade

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    I just have a weird feeling that the CAVS are going to be involved somehow and we will acquire Kevin Love along with Westbrook as well. I just hope we are not giving up any picks WHATSOEVER. We will be doing enough favor by taking those massive salaries off their books. Let them be happy with our expirings. No clue how the math would work though.
    Hope Not...

On to other news... We know for sure now that Miami isn't trading Herro in the Westbrook trade because he signed his rookie contract. & we also can relax about Bam being traded.

If the Miami Heat have their way, an ideal scenario would be acquiring Russell Westbrook from the Oklahoma City Thunder without giving up two of their most promising young players.

Per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Heat would "prefer not to include" Tyler Herro or Bam Adebayo in any trade with the Thunder involving Westbrook.

Jackson did note both teams have been talking about potential combinations to facilitate a deal, but it's "questionable" if the Thunder would simply be willing to take back Heat players whom Miami doesn't have long-term plans for.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...de-577516.html
    So this will be contract for contracts straight up. Now we just have to sit back and wait to see whats going to happen with the 3rd team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    The love thing isnít happening unfortunately but theyíre still looking for ways to add Beal.

This may be something where we add jimmy and Westbrook this summer and then look for another star like Beal at the deadline or next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Nunn definitely seems like a nice solid bench PG. Finally.

Tired of non PGs trying to play PG for Miami (TJ, J Rich, Wade, Waiters, Winslow, JJ). Like seriously GTFO, we've needed a true PG to man the second unit for the last 5 years it seems like.
    I disagree completely. Nunn is a combo-guard that can score the ball. He is not a PG by any stretch. He does not see the floor well or make very good reads at all and he pounds the rock way too much. He is dynamic as a scorer (especially off the dribble) and I think he has a place on an NBA team, but he is absolutely not a PG by any measure other than his height.

There were a dozen moments in every game where he had the chance to make a simple pass to an open teammate and he couldn't see it.

Most impressive thing I saw out of Herro this summer was his court vision. He could have had 3-4 HIGHLIGHT ASSISTS yesterday if Maten could catch the damn ball. He sees the court impressively well.

On the flip side, he needs to tighten up the handle, needs to learn to change speeds, and needs to start practicing working out of the triple threat a little to assist his first step (which is average at best).

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Maten is the young guy we end up cutting out of Robinson Nunn and maten
    Maten needs to be cut. For sure. He is not an NBA guy IMO. I don't see it at all. He isn't particularly athletic, plays below the rim, can't shoot very well, and is an absolute black hole in the paint.

The main reason why the Heat and OKC have been unable to strike a Westbrook deal so far
    By Barry Jackson

LAS VEGAS --- Oklahoma City has asked the Heat for multiple young, valuable assets in trade conversations involving guard Russell Westbrook, and Miami - at least to this point - has refused, according to a league source briefed on the discussions by one of the teams.

OKC has asked the Heat to include impressive rookie guard Tyler Herro in the proposed trade, but the Heat has been very reluctant to do that. Because Herro signed with the Heat on Wednesday, he cannot be included in any trade for 30 days, but that isnít viewed as an obstacle.

At another point in the discussions this week, the Thunder asked the Heat to include two among Herro, Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, according to a source in touch with one of the two teams. The Heat also is opposed to including Adebayo, whom Erik Spoelstra ranked among the best centers in the league in the final months of last season.

Though the Heat very much would like to add Westbrook, those OKC demands had resulted in a stalement in conversations as of Wednesday evening.

Whether the Heat would be willing to include Winslow remains to be seen. Though the Heat is pleased with Winslow and...[READ MORE]
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...231883203.html

Pat Riley playing hard ball over here. 👀👀👀

Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    I disagree completely. Nunn is a combo-guard that can score the ball. He is not a PG by any stretch. He does not see the floor well or make very good reads at all and he pounds the rock way too much. He is dynamic as a scorer (especially off the dribble) and I think he has a place on an NBA team, but he is absolutely not a PG by any measure other than his height.

There were a dozen moments in every game where he had the chance to make a simple pass to an open teammate and he couldn't see it.
    Miami needs the drive and kick ability and scoring instincts off the dribble more than they need a floor General getting guys in position and threading the needle with unbelievable passes.

It's been frustrating watching Miami with these "backup ball-handlers" when Dragic is out of the game unable to get past their man and doing a ton of dribble hand offs. I like Nunn. He's not a finished project but in a year or two he'll be much more capable at PG than Tyler Johnson ever was.

A video about a HEAT, OKC & Cavs trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyvXtjZ-qE

I'm not in full agreement though.
    Last edited by Dade County; 07-11-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...231883203.html

Pat Riley playing hard ball over here. 👀👀👀
    Bro, do me a solid and post the rest of the article. I reached my limit of monthly views on the herald lol.

The thunder are spoiled. They got a boatload of assets for PG and now want it again with Westbrook. Ain't gonna happen. PG is a top 5 player to me, better contract, year and a half younger than Russ, great defense and ultra efficient and a stud on offense. I'd GLADLY give up Winslow and whoever else for PG. No way do I want to do that for Westbrook and his 4 years left.
    The Clippers didn't trade away all of those picks and SGA and gallinari for just PG. They did it for PG and Leonard. Because they knew they'd get Leonard if PG came so they understood it would be for both players and paid the exorbitant price tag. OKC was just lucky enough to be in a great situation leverage wise and the Raptors got nothing. It happens. I'm convinced this trade doesn't get done if we don't at least include Winslow and I think it's a shame. At least let this current team play it out and see what you have, make a trade during the season if anything. Why rush it? Let OKC start losing and Westbrook get frustrated and publicly start saying he wants out and we'll see that price drop. Waiters, Dragic, James Johnson, their values are about as low as possible. Let them play, see if they can rehab their value or maybe they play great with Butler and Winslow. I don't see a reason to rush and panic and give into their asking price. Detroit is possibly the only other team even remotely interested from what I've heard. Knicks don't want him, they're on a 2 year plan. Wolves have Wiggins and KAT and don't want him. Orlando doesn't want him. Houston maybe wants him but I have no idea how a trade could even happen and it would be a disastrous fit. It's 70% Miami, 20% Detroit, 10% Mystery team/stays in OKC. My opinion. Let's see. Doubt Russ wants to go to Detroit, they're just using other teams as leverage against us like they used the Raptors against the Clippers to drive the price WAY up.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Bro, do me a solid and post the rest of the article. I reached my limit of monthly views on the herald lol.
    Just clear your cookies/cache or use another browser, or another device (PC, phone, tablet). I use Firefox and use reader mode for articles with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Just clear your cookies/cache or use another browser, or another device (PC, phone, tablet). I use Firefox and use reader mode for articles with no issues.
    Wow, can't believe a different browser actually worked. Thought they tracked it through IP address or something more complicated. I was giving them too much credit, thanks.

Thought this was interesting - ESPN front-office expert Bobby Marks, during a conversation at a summer league game this week, noted that Miami isnít even permitted to trade another first-round pick because protections on the 2023 pick extend into 2026, and teams cannot trade first-round picks that extend beyond seven years.
    Glad that the NBA is protecting Riley from himself or he'd surely have all our first round picks through 2040 traded away by now. I'm glad the Heat are playing hardball. No reason to give in. I would love to see a lineup of Winslow, Waiters, Butler, KO, Bam backed up by Dragic, Herro, DJJ, James Johnson, Meyers before we mortgage our future flexibility away.
    BRUH

I would love to see a lineup of Winslow, Waiters, Butler, KO, Bam backed up by Dragic, Herro, DJJ, James Johnson, Meyers
    Honestly why?

We have already seen most of their talent level, it's time to turn the page man (if we can trade them and ship them out for Russ, they why not).

Waiters, JJ have to go, I like them but I am very disappointed in them. I don't need them to prove anything. Winslow isn't a starting pg, He would be a very good backup at different positions.

before we mortgage our future flexibility away.
    of course Pat wouldn't do this.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Also there is no way, Herro should be sitting behind Waiters in anything.

I'm sorry Waiters F'ed up with me already and i don't need him to prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami needs the drive and kick ability and scoring instincts off the dribble more than they need a floor General getting guys in position and threading the needle with unbelievable passes.

It's been frustrating watching Miami with these "backup ball-handlers" when Dragic is out of the game unable to get past their man and doing a ton of dribble hand offs. I like Nunn. He's not a finished project but in a year or two he'll be much more capable at PG than Tyler Johnson ever was.
    I don't see any natural drive and kick tendencies. Again, I don't think he sees the floor. Once he puts his head down, he is shooting. In fairness, the drives have been insanely efficient. But he missed quite a few wide open guys under the hoop and in the corners on drives because he drives to score.

Is there anything wrong with that? Not for a combo guard. But that's not that different than Dion Waters IMO, not a point guard.

I think he is a really interesting player, but he is not a point guard and that's my point.

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast