Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1657
    Keep seeing John Wall to Miami rumors this one is confusing to me. Think he's playing well but I can't help but think at least one of your three best players has to be a consistent outside shooter for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Keep seeing John Wall to Miami rumors this one is confusing to me. Think he's playing well but I can't help but think at least one of your three best players has to be a consistent outside shooter for it to work.
    Miami doesn't even have the salaries to match $41M. Probably just click bait. At minimum it would take Dragić + Iggy or Dragić + Kelly + Bradley.

Miami surely has no plans to give up that many main rotation players for overpaid Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Fournier's defense isn't good, but it isn't worse than Duncan's. I also feel like Oladipo will be seeking a near max, while Fournier probably has a market value of $20-23M.

Given what Joe Harris got, many are estimating Duncan will get the same. If that's true, I'd rather Fournier @ $22M average than Duncan @ $18M average. I just see Miami playing this timid loyalist route (and wanting to keep Robinson because of his low cap hold) rather than getting a much better player.
    Fournier is definitely an upgrade over Duncan and we'll be a better team for sure, but if Pat Riley is willing to let Jae Crowder walk to preserve cap space than I don't know how much they're willing to jeopardize cap space for a guy who might make a marginal difference in terms of title contention

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Fournier is definitely an upgrade over Duncan and we'll be a better team for sure, but if Pat Riley is willing to let Jae Crowder walk to preserve cap space than I don't know how much they're willing to jeopardize cap space for a guy who might make a marginal difference in terms of title contention
    I agree, I just don't see these free agents worthy of hoarding cap space. Kawhi is not leaving. Oladipo isn't worth the max. Jrue is resigning. Miami likely isn't putting a bid on Collins or Markanen.

I'm also going to be pissed if Miami holds into Duncan/Nunn just to later on:
    1. Overpay them because they struck out on better FAs
    2. Let them walk for nothing because they weren't willing/able to match

I agree, I just don't see these free agents worthy of hoarding cap space. Kawhi is not leaving. Oladipo isn't worth the max. Jrue is resigning. Miami likely isn't putting a bid on Collins or Markanen.

I'm also going to be pissed if Miami holds into Duncan/Nunn just to later on:
    1. Overpay them because they struck out on better FAs
    2. Let them walk for nothing because they weren't willing/able to match
    Even though I'm still on the Kawhi might leave train, I have been thinking about what if they would've just resign Crowder, I mean Crowder is making $9.3 million this year and that's pretty good value for someone with his on-court impact

Then we would've tried to either round out the roster via trade (Fournier, Oladipo, Ball) or the $15-20 million we would've had in cap space this summer (Lowry, Fournier, Powell), I know that doesn't sound sexy but if we strike out on a big time free agent again then we might be stuck in the same 2017 position which was a nightmare to get out underneath from

This Vucevic rumor will never happen but with two years left at 25 mill. That's a title shot move

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    This Vucevic rumor will never happen but with two years left at 25 mill. That's a title shot move
    Vucevic would definitely put Miami in a great position, but where would Orlando even start their request?

Herro & Robinson? I'd probably just take my chances as is.

Yup Herro would be the starting point with KO and filler maybe get back a Terrance Ross depending on who else is being packaged. Think you do that and don't blink your never going to get a player like Vucevic at that price and production. Does anyone really think Miami is paying Duncan this offseason?

I wouldn't be surprised if at this point Miami tries to go after a big seeing what the Nets and Lakers are doing trying to one up each other

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/...rcus-aldridge/

If he's bought out, I think he'd be a good candidate to use the Leonard DPE on.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/...rcus-aldridge/

If he's bought out, I think he'd be a good candidate to use the Leonard DPE on.
    I really hope our front office exhibits patience, unless there's a sensible trade to make then Aldridge, PJ Tucker, Ariza, all could be on the buyout market, and not only do we have a fat check but playing time to boot

From Kevin O'Connor Twitter:

"Sources: The Heat and Thunder are discussing a trade that’d send Trevor Ariza to Miami. OKC is seeking a second round pick for Ariza from the numerous playoff teams with interest."

We've been talking about Ariza as a possibility for how long? Maybe it becomes a reality although I'm assuming he has a lot of suitors.......it'll be interesting to see if we remove the protections on the 2023 1st rd pick as a bargaining chip for OKC (if that's even a thing we can do)

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    From Kevin O'Connor Twitter:

"Sources: The Heat and Thunder are discussing a trade that’d send Trevor Ariza to Miami. OKC is seeking a second round pick for Ariza from the numerous playoff teams with interest."

We've been talking about Ariza as a possibility for how long? Maybe it becomes a reality although I'm assuming he has a lot of suitors.......it'll be interesting to see if we remove the protections on the 2023 1st rd pick as a bargaining chip for OKC (if that's even a thing we can do)
    Unless we are trading Bradley + Harkless or somehow we can still trade Leonard (despite receiving a DPE), I don't see the money matching available for a trade.

We cannot afford to trade KO or Iggy.

I also don't think it makes a lick of sense to trade any sort of pick (even just a 2nd) for a 35yr old who hasn't played in 7+ months and may be a rental for a few months.
    Last edited by beasted86; 03-17-2021 at 12:50 PM.

^Myers Leonard and a pick....

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    ^Myers Leonard and a pick....
    I hate how Miami completely disregards the value of 2nd round picks. But glad Leonard's useless contract at least got us someone who may be somewhat useful