Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1693
    The*Miami Heat*have been granted a $4.7 million*disabled-player exception*by the NBA for the season-ending shoulder surgery for center Meyers Leonard. The*exception*can be used to add a*player*whose contract expires at the end of this season, either in a trade or in free agency, such as on the buyout market.
    Via Sun Sentinel

Do you guys think this has any use? Unless someone takes a huge buyout, I don't see the use.

Players who give up huge money wouldn't join a middle pack team.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Via Sun Sentinel

Do you guys think this has any use? Unless someone takes a huge buyout, I don't see the use.

Players who give up huge money wouldn't join a middle pack team.
    I do think the $4.7 million exception can give us a leg up on the buyout market but we really need to keep stringing these wins along to showcase our playoff potential to possible buyout candidates since we've been so bad for most of the season

Hopefully, a Trevor Ariza can look at our situation as attractive:
    ~ They're playing better
    ~ They're getting healthy
    ~ I'm going to make more $$$
    ~ I have a plug-and-play role (aka the Jae Crowder role)
    ~ I'm going to get 30 min per

I just think it's going to depend on if we can consistently play well and get healthy

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I do think the $4.7 million exception can give us a leg up on the buyout market but we really need to keep stringing these wins along to showcase our playoff potential to possible buyout candidates since we've been so bad for most of the season

Hopefully, a Trevor Ariza can look at our situation as attractive:
    ~ They're playing better
    ~ They're getting healthy
    ~ I'm going to make more $$$
    ~ I have a plug-and-play role (aka the Jae Crowder role)
    ~ I'm going to get 30 min per

I just think it's going to depend on if we can consistently play well and get healthy
    Although I thought Ariza was a good target at the beginning of the season, he has been at home collecting a check, and likely refusing a big buyout give-back.

Using your scenario... The idea of him then coming in out of sync and wanting more than the minimum just seems like a trap. Seems like a final cash grab for someone who might not provide very much.

Although I thought Ariza was a good target at the beginning of the season, he has been at home collecting a check, and likely refusing a big buyout give-back.

Using your scenario... The idea of him then coming in out of sync and wanting more than the minimum just seems like a trap. Seems like a final cash grab for someone who might not provide very much.
    You could be right about Ariza, I think I read he's been out for personal reasons something to deal with his family, so unless he has his family situation dealt with then I doubt he comes back

But if he resolves his family issue, has his head in the game and is ready to make his return then I don't see why we shouldn't go after him......also, he was recently spotted working out in Miami but everyone works out in Miami tho lol

The Jae Crowder role is a glaring weakness of this team and if we can sign the version of Ariza who played with Portland last year then that would be a game changer, it's not like signing him would bring us over the tax either and we'd have to cut Harkless/Silva to make a roster spot

You could be right about Ariza, I think I read he's been out for personal reasons something to deal with his family, so unless he has his family situation dealt with then I doubt he comes back

But if he resolves his family issue, has his head in the game and is ready to make his return then I don't see why we shouldn't go after him......also, he was recently spotted working out in Miami but everyone works out in Miami tho lol

The Jae Crowder role is a glaring weakness of this team and if we can sign the version of Ariza who played with Portland last year then that would be a game changer, it's not like signing him would bring us over the tax either and we'd have to cut Harkless/Silva to make a roster spot
    I'd rather the ghost of Ariza than watch another minute of Harkless play.

Thaddeus Young should be the target and if they aren't paying Duncan this offseason get something for him now

I'd rather the ghost of Ariza than watch another minute of Harkless play.
    hahahahaha very much agree

Sooooooooooo this season has been one big roller coaster ride

Sooooooooooo this season has been one big roller coaster ride
    Definitely. Glad they're back to .500. We still need another piece (3&D PF) and some luck with health before I feel confident we can grab and hold on to the 4th seed.

Definitely. Glad they're back to .500. We still need another piece (3&D PF) and some luck with health before I feel confident we can grab and hold on to the 4th seed.
    Yep

I wonder whether it's going to be via trade or buyout market....Nunn and Duncan make the most sense to flip, both are free agents and Nunn has restored his value somewhat too

I don't know how many teams are going to be sellers this trade deadline though, there's sooo many teams alive for the playoff that I wonder who we can trade with.....OKC and Houston probably make the most sense as trade partners go

Yep

I wonder whether it's going to be via trade or buyout market....Nunn and Duncan make the most sense to flip, both are free agents and Nunn has restored his value somewhat too

I don't know how many teams are going to be sellers this trade deadline though, there's sooo many teams alive for the playoff that I wonder who we can trade with.....OKC and Houston probably make the most sense as trade partners go
    I'm wondering if Houston would bite at the idea of a controllable player (Nunn or Robinson) as a restricted free agent over the idea they can lose Oladipo and get nothing as an unrestricted.

What would the trade pieces look like?Crazy as it sounds Iggy has shown his usefulness. The closest thing to a 3&D combo forward we have.

I'm wondering if Houston would bite at the idea of a controllable player (Nunn or Robinson) as a restricted free agent over the idea they can lose Oladipo and get nothing as an unrestricted.

What would the trade pieces look like?Crazy as it sounds Iggy has shown his usefulness. The closest thing to a 3&D combo forward we have.
    You just nailed an underlying issue of these big money contract trade scenarios (for ex: Harrison Barnes, Oladipo)

At the beginning of the season we all thought Iggy/Olynyk are the most likely "cap filler" contracts that will be added to Robinson/Nunn to facilitate a trade.....The problem is that Iggy has actually been our best 3&D wing while Olynyk is still our best option as reserve big

Calling Olynyk/Iggy "cap filler" at this point in time undercuts their on-court impact come playoff time, and trust me, I've railed on these players just like everyone else has but unfortunately this is the current state of our roster

That's why if we do make a move for a Oladipo/Barnes then we'll have to pray to god the buyout market is good to us and hope we can sign someone like Blake to replace Olynyk or replace Iggy with Ariza....because if that doesn't happen then we'll have to rely on guys like Harkless, Okpala, Precious, Gabe Vincent, Max Struss to fill Olynyk/Iggy minutes during the playoffs......gulp

You just nailed an underlying issue of these big money contract trade scenarios (for ex: Harrison Barnes, Oladipo)

At the beginning of the season we all thought Iggy/Olynyk are the most likely "cap filler" contracts that will be added to Robinson/Nunn to facilitate a trade.....The problem is that Iggy has actually been our best 3&D wing while Olynyk is still our best option as reserve big

Calling Olynyk/Iggy "cap filler" at this point in time undercuts their on-court impact come playoff time, and trust me, I've railed on these players just like everyone else has but unfortunately this is the current state of our roster

That's why if we do make a move for a Oladipo/Barnes then we'll have to pray to god the buyout market is good to us and hope we can sign someone like Blake to replace Olynyk or replace Iggy with Ariza....because if that doesn't happen then we'll have to rely on guys like Harkless, Okpala, Precious, Gabe Vincent, Max Struss to fill Olynyk/Iggy minutes during the playoffs......gulp
    Iggy for Barnes would be acceptable because they play the exact same position. But you're right otherwise. Oladipo is as pure a SG as you can find nowadays. They would have an even bigger need at PF/SF than before.

What do you think of a lower profile target like Evan Fournier? He may be more accessible than Oladipo, has a bit more size to play the SF spot, and is a better 3PT shooter.

Also, when is the deadline for playoff eligible buyouts this year? I'm still waiting on Ariza to shake loose.

Iggy for Barnes would be acceptable because they play the exact same position. But you're right otherwise. Oladipo is as pure a SG as you can find nowadays. They would have an even bigger need at PF/SF than before.

What do you think of a lower profile target like Evan Fournier? He may be more accessible than Oladipo, has a bit more size to play the SF spot, and is a better 3PT shooter.

Also, when is the deadline for playoff eligible buyouts this year? I'm still waiting on Ariza to shake loose.
    Welp, one of the first dominos just fell, Blake is supposedly being bought out by the Pistons, so now if we trade Olynyk and Robinson for Fournier we can then sign Blake to replace Olynyk's minutes

Fournier definitely feels like the type of offensive player that if you put in a good system with good playmakers he'll blossom even more, although his defense is kind of meh which is a concern........also Fournier is like a year and a half older than Robinson which is funny since it feels like Fournier has been in the league forever

I think the trading deadline is March 25 and the last date we can sign playoff eligible buyouts is April 9th

Welp, one of the first dominos just fell, Blake is supposedly being bought out by the Pistons, so now if we trade Olynyk and Robinson for Fournier we can then sign Blake to replace Olynyk's minutes

Fournier definitely feels like the type of offensive player that if you put in a good system with good playmakers he'll blossom even more, although his defense is kind of meh which is a concern........also Fournier is like a year and a half older than Robinson which is funny since it feels like Fournier has been in the league forever

I think the trading deadline is March 25 and the last date we can sign playoff eligible buyouts is April 9th
    Fournier's defense isn't good, but it isn't worse than Duncan's. I also feel like Oladipo will be seeking a near max, while Fournier probably has a market value of $20-23M.

Given what Joe Harris got, many are estimating Duncan will get the same. If that's true, I'd rather Fournier @ $22M average than Duncan @ $18M average. I just see Miami playing this timid loyalist route (and wanting to keep Robinson because of his low cap hold) rather than getting a much better player.