Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    While the notion of obtaining another star player was appealing, we dodged a bullet here to be honest. That contract is just so crippling, and it was a questionable fit. Besides, it wasn't worth it to purge our promising young core of Bam, Herro, Winslow, and DJJ to bring in an aging player on an albatross contract that doesn't really fit with Jimmy. I'm fine with the team being patient for the time being. Something better will come along...And can we please not post "Wishes" as "Facts", pretending to be an NBA insider?
    Im honestly so happy right now lol Im just really excited to see our team as is

I said the only way I would want Westbrook is if we don't trade any of our young pieces, if we're going to trade our best assets it better be for players like Beal or Mccollum, players that actually make sense to put next to Butler and not an aging, high usage, low efficiency, poor floor spacing point guard who was literally the worst jump shooter in the league last season based off volume and had a terrible decline from the FT line

OKC got two first round picks AND two pick swaps back, like for starters I don't think we could've traded any of our first round picks since the protections are seven years out, secondly that means we had to give up Bam and/or Winslow to get Westbrook which screw that crap

Trading Josh Richardson, a protected 1st and Whiteside for Butler and Leonard was a good trade, Herro and others have been balling at summer league, this was a great summer, why ruin that now?
    Last edited by All-In; 07-11-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I believe that Miami could have fixed Westbrook's weaknesses on the court. I had a concern if a John Wall type injury happens, then we'd be the next Wizards stuck with no assets and no cap room. My other concern was about Jimmy clearly coming here to be the man, I wonder if Jimmy was ok with Westbrook on the team where it would bring that into doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    I believe that Miami could have fixed Westbrook's weaknesses on the court. I had a concern if a John Wall type injury happens, then we'd be the next Wizards stuck with no assets and no cap room. My other concern was about Jimmy clearly coming here to be the man, I wonder if Jimmy was ok with Westbrook on the team where it would bring that into doubt.
    Im not willing to gamble our best assets on us rehabilitating a 31 year olds shooting stroke, teaching him the timing and intricacies of off-ball screen setting and cutting within our offense, and to limit his pull-up game which was Westbrook's go-to shot throughout his career

Let Houston deal with that and his $40-47 million contract while we can have a great cap sheet during the summer of 2021 when theres a projected historic free agency class

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Im not willing to gamble our best assets on us rehabilitating a 31 year olds shooting stroke, teaching him the timing and intricacies of off-ball screen setting and cutting within our offense, and to limit his pull-up game which was Westbrook's go-to shot throughout his career
    Meh, we fixed Lebron and Bosh's shortcomings. But that's ok, I get it.

Let Houston deal with that and his $40-47 million contract while we can have a great cap sheet during the summer of 2021 when theres a projected historic free agency class
    Stop it. This fanbase is DONE being sold on the future that's always 2 years away.

We're in win now mode. We got Jimmy. We got young talent. We got rid of Whiteside. Pat will get rid of some other bad contracts come trade deadline. Westbrook stays out of the East. Kawhi goes West. Lebron went West. Net's are KD less for a year and who know how he'll be when he returns. Let's get after it NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Meh, we fixed Lebron and Bosh's shortcomings. But that's ok, I get it.

Stop it. This fanbase is DONE being sold on the future that's always 2 years away.

We're in win now mode. We got Jimmy. We got young talent. We got rid of Whiteside. Pat will get rid of some other bad contracts come trade deadline. Westbrook stays out of the East. Kawhi goes West. Lebron went West. Net's are KD less for a year and who know how he'll be when he returns. Let's get after it NOW.
    We got Lebron and Bosh when they were 26 years old...uh, a little different

For starters if you read my post first post on this page I said I'm willing to trade our best assets but only for players that actually fit with Butler like Mccollum and Beal, unless that happens then we they hell are we going after stupid deals like Westbrook when he doesn't fit or make us that much better?

If it comes down to stupid deals that screw up our future cap sheet or cap flexibility during the summer of 2021 then the answer is pretty obvious....Since we're in "win now mode" doesn't mean we have to make bad deals

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

ON3 LAST DANC3

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    No!

Unless its a 3 team trade & those picks are going to the Wiz & Beal is coming here; heck NO!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    CP3 it is
    Groce. Unless Barry Jackson or Woj reports that Miami wants him, I'm ignoring it.

If you guys felt the fit was questionable with Westbrook, CP3 is even worse. Complete alpha dog problems waiting to happen with him and Butler here.

He's mediocre and overpaid. I wouldn't even take him for both of our own picks back Waiters, JJ, and Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If you guys felt the fit was questionable with Westbrook, CP3 is even worse. Complete alpha dog problems waiting to happen with him and Butler here.

He's mediocre and overpaid. I wouldn't even take him for both of our own picks back Waiters, JJ, and Leonard.
    Only if Pat can get 3 first rd picks from OKC & send them immediately to the Wiz, & Miami sends Winslow, Dragic or Waiters & are own 1st rd pick to Washington if possible; & Miami gets Beal.

HEAT would also send 2 contracts to OKC, or if the Cavs want to get involved.

So instead of Miami taking on Wall contract, Miami gets Beal & Cp3. Once again I do not want Chris Paul but that's better than getting Wall contract in the future.

The Thunder player I'd be open to is Gallinari.

But I doubt Riley looks at that.

ON3 LAST DANC3

That is the only way I lol do a trade. I donít want that loser nowhere near the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Heís actually a better fit basketball wise if you ask me and if we get the picks try to flip them for Beal.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast