Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    I’ll pass on Blake

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I think last season encapsulates Blake Griffin's career: Has great regular season, actually plays 75 games...but hurts his knee right at the end of the season and misses games during the Pistons playoff push and the first two games of the Milwaukee series........and oh, by the way...the guy is currently hurt

There's also the fact his contract runs through the ever important summer of 2021, and I much rather have a max cap slot over paying Griffin close to $40 million

And I just want to remind people how great Nunn's contract is for us:

2019-2020: $1.42 million
    2020-2021: $1.66 million
    Summer of 2021 Qualifying Offer/Cap Hold:.............$2.12 million!!!!

If Nunn keeps this pace up that's one of the best contracts in the whole league AND he will have a minuscule cap hold during the summer of 2021 with his FULL bird rights and RFA..........just fyi
    When it comes to Nunn, I guess it just depends on how Miami see his projected growth.

If Miami can not get their hands on a Top 5; then we at least need a top 5 scorer. Jimmy isn't either but he is a very good robin. I just hope in 2-3yrs Herro can grow into a scoring machine as he learns the game more and his body develops.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I'd definitely do Winslow, Waiters, and JJ for Blake.

There's a small chance he opts out. In the meanwhile he provides more total value than those 3 players do.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

There's a small chance he opts out. In the meanwhile he provides more total value than those 3 players do.
    I don't know about that, but I do agree with you about want Blake on the team.

Another topic... Miami needs either a Top 5 player or a Top 5 scorer, so we can truly contend.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    When it comes to Nunn, I guess it just depends on how Miami see his projected growth.

If Miami can not get their hands on a Top 5; then we at least need a top 5 scorer. Jimmy isn't either but he is a very good robin. I just hope in 2-3yrs Herro can grow into a scoring machine as he learns the game more and his body develops.
    Yes, I agree we need another legit scorer but I rather we add another perimeter scorer, especially since we will have to give up some of our best assets for Griffin and I rather save those assets for a perimeter scorer

Who is the better player, Embiid or Butler? Embiid
    Who is the better overall scorer, Embiid or Butler? Embiid
    But for some weird reason the Sixers would turn to Butler down the stretch of playoff games
    For some weird reason Denver would ask more of Jamal Murray in the closing moments of playoff games over Jokic

If there is another scorer to be had than I much rather it be a Jamal Murray, CJ McCollum, Brad Beal, Malcolm Brogdon type perimeter player

Griffin has improved his ability outside of the paint through the years, but if you truly honestly believe he will add another crunch time playoff scorer next to Jimmy then I think that's highly misgiven, Blake Griffin is no Pascal Siakam....not to mention the fact his contract sucks and gets hurt at the most inopportune times

Yes, I agree we need another legit scorer but I rather we add another perimeter scorer, especially since we will have to give up some of our best assets for Griffin and I rather save those assets for a perimeter scorer

Who is the better player, Embiid or Butler? Embiid
    Who is the better overall scorer, Embiid or Butler? Embiid
    But for some weird reason the Sixers would turn to Butler down the stretch of playoff games
    For some weird reason Denver would ask more of Jamal Murray in the closing moments of playoff games over Jokic

If there is another scorer to be had than I much rather it be a Jamal Murray, CJ McCollum, Brad Beal, Malcolm Brogdon type perimeter player

Griffin has improved his ability outside of the paint through the years, but if you truly honestly believe he will add another crunch time playoff scorer next to Jimmy then I think that's highly misgiven, Blake Griffin is no Pascal Siakam....not to mention the fact his contract sucks and gets hurt at the most inopportune times
    I would like CJ McCollum but I don't see that happening. I gave up on Beal, since he stupidly extended back with the Wiz. Why not DLO?

I see Miami targeting DLO & Blake. It would have been Beal, but no one has time for that.

DLO
    Herro
    Jimmy
    Blake
    Bam

This team would be in the championship next season. Jimmy, Blake & Bam would handle all the dirty work & DLo along with Herro will let it fly.

I would like CJ McCollum but I don't see that happening. I gave up on Beal, since he stupidly extended back with the Wiz. Why not DLO?

I see Miami targeting DLO & Blake. It would have been Beal, but no one has time for that.

DLO
    Herro
    Jimmy
    Blake
    Bam

This team would be in the championship next season. Jimmy, Blake & Bam would handle all the dirty work & DLo along with Herro will let it fly.
    I understand the DLO thing more than Griffin but I would like to see DLO get to the rim more and have a better free throw rate, he has a career average of .184 free throw rate which is historically terrible for someone who scores as much as he does, he's been better this year but unless you're an all-time great shooter that stuff translates into postseason shot creation

The issue with DLO is the Warriors will probably be asking for a lot since I think there is an actual market for him aka Minnesota and since we don't have picks I just don't understand how we can trade for DLO AND Blake without CRAZY speculation

Not to mention we wouldn't have a bench and considering Griffin isn't the healthiest of fellows that kind of matters, look at what happened to the Warriors last season with no bench and injuries....and they're the freaking Warriors.....In your theory we would have 5 really good players (I doubt we keep Herro too) and a bunch of g-leaguers, I don't think that sort of balance wins poop

We all know we need a true lead ball handler and a 3-and-D athletic versatile PF, but I think using caution and letting the market play itself out is a more practical approach instead of being overhasty with the first options to bare themselves forward (aka Blake and DLO) especially since the summer of 2021 is still a really good option to build a title contender

I understand the DLO thing more than Griffin but I would like to see DLO get to the rim more and have a better free throw rate, he has a career average of .184 free throw rate which is historically terrible for someone who scores as much as he does, he's been better this year but unless you're an all-time great shooter that stuff translates into postseason shot creation

The issue with DLO is the Warriors will probably be asking for a lot since I think there is an actual market for him aka Minnesota and since we don't have picks I just don't understand how we can trade for DLO AND Blake without CRAZY speculation

Not to mention we wouldn't have a bench and considering Griffin isn't the healthiest of fellows that kind of matters, look at what happened to the Warriors last season with no bench and injuries....and they're the freaking Warriors.....In your theory we would have 5 really good players (I doubt we keep Herro too) and a bunch of g-leaguers, I don't think that sort of balance wins poop

We all know we need a true lead ball handler and a 3-and-D athletic versatile PF, but I think using caution and letting the market play itself out is a more practical approach instead of being overhasty with the first options to bare themselves forward (aka Blake and DLO) especially since the summer of 2021 is still a really good option to build a title contender
    True... The reason why I bring up DLO & Blake, Miami has been rumored with them both & I see Pat trying to pull the trigger. Why? Because DLO is just going to get better, he is still super young. He's not may favorite PG, but to me he can be traded for.

& I agree with you 100% about Blake, it's just that he can be had to, and once again I feel that Pat would pull the trigger on him.

I can see Miami waiting for the summer of 2021, but who says they really have a chance at getting Giannis???

& Herro isn't going anywhere lol

Waiting on the market... the Dlo trade would be a good trade market wise, maybe not so much the Blake trade.

Remember Miami wanted Beal, if we could have traded for him, Miami still would have had room in 2021 to try to go after Giannis; so they might factor that in, in whoever they target.

This is the team for some reason wanted to trade for Cp3 & his final year runs into that 2021 free agency. lol no thank you.

I don't know about that, but I do agree with you about want Blake on the team.

Another topic... Miami needs either a Top 5 player or a Top 5 scorer, so we can truly contend.
    Blake is definitely better value than Winslow + large contract bums.

Before we talk about Blake being injury prone I think people need to actually pay attention to Winslow's history.

I feel that if Spo was actually playing Waiters & JJ, these 3 players would out put more then Blake easy.

But since Spo is not playing 2 out of the 3, hen yeah you can say Blake would be out putting them.

Either way, Blake at the 4/5 would be better then KO & M L. Their defense is just to bad against true contending teams. Pat will be targeting an All Star player come Dec 15 & or just before the trade deadline.

If it doesn't workout, we all ways have free agency in 2021, i guess.

On a side note.....who the hell is passing the flu around!? lol Dragic was sick, JJ was sick, I was sick, Butler was sick but still played, Winslow is still out with that concussion

We have some time off till the next game (I think its Wed vs Cavs) so hopefully we get healthy and ready

Blake is definitely better value than Winslow + large contract bums.

Before we talk about Blake being injury prone I think people need to actually pay attention to Winslow's history.
    Winslow is 23 years old and is making $13 million the next two seasons WITH a team option during the amazing class of 2021

OR

Blake is set to be a injury prone 32-33 year old making $40 million by the year 2022 which bypasses the very important summer of 2021, and you want to bring up injury history?

There's differences with their injury circumstances aka context matters, Winslow got hurt this year by incidental contact and wasn't a non-contact injury which is key, secondly concussion's aren't as frequent in the NBA as the NFL so I'm not that afraid of recurrence, it also wasn't a soft tissue tear or bone fracture which clearly are plaguing Blake, and most importantly it's about attrition, Blake is now 30 years old and continues to deal with bone and soft tissue injuries, that stuff builds up over time and makes them likely to reoccur

Outside of Winslow's second season where he hurt his shoulder there haven't been many reoccurring long term injuries where we should be worried that much about his durability, and his other injuries (knee, thigh) haven't been major injuries as he's still played 78, 66 and 68 games for the season

Since 2014-2015 these are the amounts of games Blake has played per season: 67, 35, 61, 58 and 75 but still got hurt at the end of the season where he missed crucial reg season games and playoff games

Winslow isn't the healthiest of fellows, that's not debatable, but lets not act like this is close, Blake's injury history has become a major red flag over time and his massive contract ups the risk profile of any organization to the point of John Wall type risk

While in the event Winslow does get hurt, his contract is SO team friendly there really isn't much risk involved, and the difference in contract/health/age/defense makes up for Blake's overall better skill set

Soooooo long story short, I think Winslow's contract has better value

True... The reason why I bring up DLO & Blake, Miami has been rumored with them both & I see Pat trying to pull the trigger. Why? Because DLO is just going to get better, he is still super young. He's not may favorite PG, but to me he can be traded for.

& I agree with you 100% about Blake, it's just that he can be had to, and once again I feel that Pat would pull the trigger on him.

I can see Miami waiting for the summer of 2021, but who says they really have a chance at getting Giannis???

& Herro isn't going anywhere lol

Waiting on the market... the Dlo trade would be a good trade market wise, maybe not so much the Blake trade.

Remember Miami wanted Beal, if we could have traded for him, Miami still would have had room in 2021 to try to go after Giannis; so they might factor that in, in whoever they target.

This is the team for some reason wanted to trade for Cp3 & his final year runs into that 2021 free agency. lol no thank you.
    Yea, as of now it's just pure speculation about Giannis in 2021 but if history is any indicator having one of the truly elite superstars is the BEST way to contend for long periods of time

We could come up empty handed in 2021 but Giannis is worth that sort of risk (and there's still other good options like Oladipo), that's why I think we should be more cautious about deals and if they don't make sense in both the short and long term we should be more tentative (I'm not saying the DLo trade doesn't make sense in the short/long term, I'm just saying overall)

And since we only have 1 first round pick to trade (in the year 2025 lol) making bold trades that come out in our favor might be difficult

Winslow is 23 years old and is making $13 million the next two seasons WITH a team option during the amazing class of 2021

OR

Blake is set to be a injury prone 32-33 year old making $40 million by the year 2022 which bypasses the very important summer of 2021, and you want to bring up injury history?

There's differences with their injury circumstances aka context matters, Winslow got hurt this year by incidental contact and wasn't a non-contact injury which is key, secondly concussion's aren't as frequent in the NBA as the NFL so I'm not that afraid of recurrence, it also wasn't a soft tissue tear or bone fracture which clearly are plaguing Blake, and most importantly it's about attrition, Blake is now 30 years old and continues to deal with bone and soft tissue injuries, that stuff builds up over time and makes them likely to reoccur

Outside of Winslow's second season where he hurt his shoulder there haven't been many reoccurring long term injuries where we should be worried that much about his durability, and his other injuries (knee, thigh) haven't been major injuries as he's still played 78, 66 and 68 games for the season

Since 2014-2015 these are the amounts of games Blake has played per season: 67, 35, 61, 58 and 75 but still got hurt at the end of the season where he missed crucial reg season games and playoff games

Winslow isn't the healthiest of fellows, that's not debatable, but lets not act like this is close, Blake's injury history has become a major red flag over time and his massive contract ups the risk profile of any organization to the point of John Wall type risk

While in the event Winslow does get hurt, his contract is SO team friendly there really isn't much risk involved, and the difference in contract/health/age/defense makes up for Blake's overall better skill set

Nailed it. I dont get the obsession with Blake "All Hype, No Substance" freaking Griffin. I would not want to sniff his value unless this was bringing us to the top of the competition, and with Blake this is the farthest thing you can ask for.

OR

You seem to very hastily gloss over the huge canyon in impact as if they are even remotely close. Yes there's a salary risk, but in the meantime the team is much much better.

The injury risk with Blake is obvious. But so is it on a much smaller scale with Winslow. Winslow has missed a minimum of 14 games every season since his rookie year. Since the other 2 guys aren't consistently available and Waiters appears done with the HEAT, it's a trade of Blake for Winslow.

IMO, if we're looking at this trade in a 2 year vacuum, Miami is clearly better with Blake than they are with Winslow and the 2 other high priced fillers. It's just a matter of risk whether management feels Blake has the possibility to want to opt out, or that they can trade him down the line to clear salary space if needed.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast