Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    In my first post I stated we lack a true offensive creator:

"I could easily see Dragic, Butler, Herro, Waiters or Nunn take on the same role as Winslow at various points in the season, all of them can be the starting/lead ball handler and considering we don't have an elite offensive creator using ball handler by committee with our personnel seems like a smart approach to start the season"

So why wouldn't you think I already know we need a true lead ball handler? I'm trying to figure out what we can do with what we have, and all I said was stop looking at Winslow as the starting "PG" and look at him more like part of a committee since we don't have an elite offensive creator

So until we get that true lead creator using ball handler by committee is a sensible way to start the season...........Unless, I mean, you rather make Winslow the full time lead creator and give him a 30% usage percentage, he did have a 12-to-3 assist-to-turnover ratio today lol
    And he chucked bricks yesterday.

Anyway... you're not saying anything that isn't obvious. It's not like Miami has a choice otherwise. They will split ball handling by committee and most likely continue to have it be a low point of the team.

But there have been a few who have floated the idea that Winslow is fine as the PG and can do as good of a job as Dragić has the last few years (excluding last year) if given more time and can lead those duties. I disagree completely.

Just so I get this thought out of my system lol

The players I'll be bringing up near the trade deadline for the Miami HEAT to target and keep their eyes on, since Beal decided to extend with his current team.

D'Angelo Russell, Blake Griffin, Danilo Gallinari, & Gorden Hayward.

I do not like Kyle Lowry, so yeah lol+

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The sum of these ball-handlers is not > 1 really good PG. I would gladly trade Winslow and Waiters , and anything not Bam or Butler for just one proper point.
    To me, Miami has what GS wants... Veteran tough minded players that can help GS in their playoff push. GS still believes they are true title contenders. We can clearly see that they are lacking.

Winslow can be their Iggy, glue guy tool box type of player. Waiters will fill the need at Sg until Klay gets back; and whatever other fillers it will take to get the trade done.

Mia: D'Angelo Russell
    Are point guard of the future, and he is still young enough that him & Herro can grow together.

GS: Winslow, Waiters, D Robinson, & Okpala (since Miami wont offer up a 1st rd pick).

Miami has to wait until a playoff contending team needs a player like Dragic, so they can flip him for a 1st rd pick. If we can get a 3rd team involved that needs Goran, then yeah, we keep Okpala.

GS gets 2 tough veterans & 2 young players, or 1 young player & a 1st rd pick.

HEAT:
    Russell/ Nunn
    Herro/ ?
    Jimmy/ Djj
    KO or M Leonard
    Bam/ JJ

GS: Playoffs
    Curry/ Alec Burks
    Klay/ Waiters
    Winslow/ McKinnie
    Green/ D Robinson/ Paschall
    Cauley-Stein/ Looney

This trade helps both teams so much.
    Last edited by Dade County; 10-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Rockets vs HEAT

Harden
    35min/ 12-26fg/ 8-16 3pt/ 12-13ft/ +25/ 44pts

Nunn
    40min/ 15-27fg/ 6-10 3pt/ 4-6ft/ -20/ 40pts

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Rockets vs HEAT

Harden
    35min/ 12-26fg/ 8-16 3pt/ 12-13ft/ +25/ 44pts

Nunn
    40min/ 15-27fg/ 6-10 3pt/ 4-6ft/ -20/ 40pts
    I know it's just the preseason but this is potentially a huge x-factor, Kendrick Nunn has been great really since the summer league and hopefully carries it over into the regular season

Guards: Dragic, Waiters, Nunn, Herro
    Forwards: Winslow, DJJ, Butler, Okpala, Robinson
    Bigs: Bam, JJ, Olynyk, Leonard

This is shaping up to be a fun team with depth, the lineup combinations are endless

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...opener-conduct

I honestly believe one of the reasons why Waiters came off the bench all preseason was partially a test, to see if he can stop his cross-armed pouty faced b.s. on the bench and cheer on his teammates, be an example for the young guys and ultimately put the team first

This guy just doesn't get it, I'm glad we suspended him, now Nunn and Herro can get more playing time and show Waiters how expendable he really is if he doesn't stop being selfish

I mean this is new levels of frustrating

Heat's Dion Waiters Suspended 1 Game for Conduct Detrimental to Team

I really believe Spo is F'ing around with Waiters. They know Waiters has an ego, LMAO. Of course he is going to be upset, when he only gets 10mins in a game, while Nunn & Herro are getting over 25min.

In the back of my mind, I was thinking, maybe Spo is F'ing with Waiters, and Waiters might actually be a starter in the opening night game. Waiters has worked hard this off season, and he can't not handle it, if he isn't being treated fairly.

The Heat announced Saturday night that guard Dion Waiters has been suspended for one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

The suspension will force Waiters to miss Wednesday’s season opener against the Grizzlies at AmericanAirlines Arena.

A statement issued by the Heat on Saturday night read: “The Miami Heat announced today that Dion Waiters has been suspended for one game for conduct detrimental to the team. He will be able to return to the team on Thursday.”

If Waiters does return to the Heat on Thursday, his next opportunity to play in a game will come in Saturday’s road matchup against the Bucks.

“There were a number of unacceptable incidents this week, culminating with his unprofessional conduct on the bench last night,” Heat president Pat Riley said in the statement issued by the team. “As a consequence, I feel we had to suspend him.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...236459288.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I really believe Spo is F'ing around with Waiters. They know Waiters has an ego, LMAO. Of course he is going to be upset, when he only gets 10mins in a game, while Nunn & Herro are getting over 25min.

In the back of my mind, I was thinking, maybe Spo is F'ing with Waiters, and Waiters might actually be a starter in the opening night game. Waiters has worked hard this off season, and he can't not handle it, if he isn't being treated fairly.
    Being treated fairly? Playing time is earned and not given, Nunn and Herro were playing better than Waiters versus Houston....and it's only the preseason for goodness sake, at least wait until the regular season to act up

Dragic is a career starter, came off the bench all preseason and played only 16 min versus Houston...Dragic is what I like to call a professional who stays locked and ready...The Heat have a culture of standards and crap like this shouldn't be tolerated

Dion News/ then promptly lights IG on fire by throwing shade at Erik Spoelstra, Tyler

I said a while ago that Waiters needed to be traded, but some of you wanted to keep him & raise his trade value. Not going to happen.

Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters hasn’t been happy with his role in preseason, and he was just suspended one game for conduct detrimental to the team. Instead of just accepting the suspension quietly, Waiters is only pouring more gasoline on the fire with his posts on social media.

There’s a lot going on here, including some jabs at Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and rookie guard Tyler Herro:

Brendan Tobin

@Brendan_Tobin
    Dion saying Spo only won because of LeBron & Wade, laughing at idea of Tyler Herro being better than him and ‘liking’ comments about waiving/trading him.

HAPPY NBA SEASON!!!!!

Waiters isn’t pleased with Spoelstra using him in limited minutes off the bench in preseason. Meanwhile, Herro got multiple starts and saw a sizable role even when he was coming off the bench. In the final preseason game, Herro played 32 minutes in a reserve role, while Waiters played just 10.

The 27-year-old Waiters is trying to find his groove in the NBA again after several injury-plagued seasons. Since playing 78 games for the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2015-16, Waiters hasn’t played in more than 46 games in a season.

Waiters used a strong 46-game run with the Heat in 2016-17 to earn a four-year, $52 million contract, but he only played in 30 games in 2017-18 and 44 games last season. The guard averaged 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds while shooting 41.4% overall and 37.7% on 3-pointers in 2018-19.

The veteran used this offseason to get into better shape, but things clearly aren’t going as planned. Waiters going off on social media isn’t going to help his cause, though, so he needs to tread lightly unless he just plans on causing enough of a ruckus in order to get traded.

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-d...a-tyler-herro/

I would trade Waiters for any one or two year contract at this point, dude is a ****ing cancer. Get him off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I would trade Waiters for any one or two year contract at this point, dude is a ****ing cancer. Get him off the team.
    Everyone always looks for these superstar unrealistic scenarios when mentioning trading him. Do you have any realistic suggestions?

For me something built around Reggie Jackson for Waiters (assuming Derrick Rose does well as the starting PG in Detroit), or Fornier for Waiters are somewhat realistic moves.

With his attitude he'd have to be going to a team that's willing to deal with his pouting. I don't know who would though.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Everyone always looks for these superstar unrealistic scenarios when mentioning trading him. Do you have any realistic suggestions?

For me something built around Reggie Jackson for Waiters (assuming Derrick Rose does well as the starting PG in Detroit), or Fornier for Waiters are somewhat realistic moves.

With his attitude he'd have to be going to a team that's willing to deal with his pouting. I don't know who would though.
    Yeah, definitely need to expect very little in return. I'm expecting an overpriced, near the bottom of the bench guy. Looking at a few potential teams, i could see a Tony Snell swap from Detroit, or maybe Langston Galloway and Thon Maker. From Charlotte, perhaps Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? Maybe Solomon Hill from Memphis? The problem with those last two though is that they are expiring contracts, so would those teams really want to take an extra year with Dion? Probably not unless we attach an asset.

You're right though, I just looked at the trade machine and there really arent any teams that are going to want to take the risk. Detroit is probably our best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Yeah, definitely need to expect very little in return. I'm expecting an overpriced, near the bottom of the bench guy. Looking at a few potential teams, i could see a Tony Snell swap from Detroit, or maybe Langston Galloway and Thon Maker. From Charlotte, perhaps Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? Maybe Solomon Hill from Memphis? The problem with those last two though is that they are expiring contracts, so would those teams really want to take an extra year with Dion? Probably not unless we attach an asset.

You're right though, I just looked at the trade machine and there really arent any teams that are going to want to take the risk. Detroit is probably our best bet.
    Basically my approach with the 2 trade suggestions was teams near the bottom of the playoff bubble desperate for guard play-making/scoring.

I just don't want that entitled attitude infecting the team. I was hoping with Whiteside gone we'd have less players crying.

On Waiters:
    Players are supposed to earn minutes. Rookie players on the bubble have always gotten priority in preseason. Is Dragić in his feelings seeing Nunn play 40 minutes? No. He's sure of himself. He knows the coach trusts him more than he trusts Nunn. Dragić knows he's an established veteran leader on the team and will be given the benefit of the doubt until Nunn does enough to prove he's better. Waiters claims to have all this confidence but these moves show how insecure he really is. If he deserves the minutes then simply show it. Be efficient, turnover-free, and play hard every possession on both ends. I still support Waiters but he needs to wake up.

Yea, it sucks cause he has two years left on his deal and who the heck wants to deal with his behavior

The Tony Snell for Dion Waiters deal makes sense since the years match up and the money is close, I'd preferably want a guard back for Waiters but if Waiters continues to break team conduct rules then literally any position would suffice at this point

Other "possible" deals I played around with:

Cory Joseph for Waiters....It's the Kings so lol and they might want another shot creator to make a run at the playoffs, plus Joseph has an extra year on his deal but only $2.4 of the $12.6 million is guaranteed, we'd have to wait until December 15th though since Joseph signed this summer

Dante Exum for Waiters...The Jazz could get tired of Exum's injury history and trade for another ball handler, we would actually save about $5 million total on that deal and I rather deal with a young injury prone guard over a headcase like Waiters

Apparently Waiters has been on the trade block for a year with no takers:
    https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/10/21...nearly-a-year/

I mean I hope all this can be resolved but Waiters is about to turn 28 years old, unless he realizes he could end up unemployed with no teams interested then it's practically hopeless for Waiters

Also...on a VERY random side note, the TWolves just waived Barry Brown jr, I think he could be a nice developmental project in the g-league, undersized combo guard good athlete with really good defensive ability, his offense is a work in progress especially his outside shot

He just feels like a Heat type player, good athlete and defensive first mindset

I hope I dont see Waiters anywhere near this team again. He is a bad influence. A miserable failure of a pro. Let the young kids play as much as possible. There is absolutely no upside playing Waiters anymore ( his value wont rise anymore. Teams know of all his on and off court abilities). Must look into the future with the kids.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast