Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 430
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,587

    Roster Speculation Thread XXI

    We needed a new thread.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    5,178

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,774
    Youtube vid on If Miami should trade for Westbrook... By Ethan J. Skolnick


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9na5BUoaWpU&t=541s







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Letís get this done ASAP!

    Dade County, **** Skolnick!! He cheated on his wife with prostitutes and beat up his dad.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Letís get this done ASAP!

    Dade County, **** Skolnick!! He cheated on his wife with prostitutes and beat up his dad.
    haha wow... this came out of nowhere. And he's in favor of getting Westbrook, the other guy on the podcast was against it so not sure why you'd randomly say that stuff... lol

    Westbrook is a stat machine but hyper inefficient when it comes to turnovers and shooting %'s. It's no surprise the one year he won MVP was the only year he shot close to 35% from 3pt land and lowered his TO's a bit. The problem is Riley probably doesn't want to gut the team and give away valuable assets. Hope you all understand that if this pairing of jimmy butler and westbrook doesn't work out, we'll be stuck with it for 3-4 years and we will become the sideshow which we've always done a great job of avoiding. Think the last time a player forced his way out was Shaq leaving to Phoenix and his big toe injury baloney and drama with the trainer etc.

    Anyway. We literally can't take on any salary. The Thunder are still 2M over the cap and will want to get under it. And the Mavs trading for Delon Wright shut the door on them being a 3rd team taking a player. I have no idea how we pull this trade off without losing 5-6 players, one or some of which will be guys like Winslow & DJJ and we will have crap depth and be stuck with this combo. And I'm not sure they're the best pairing. KO is the perfect type of player to keep to stretch the floor as a 4-5 and he'll also likely be involved in any trade. I really want Westbrook but I just don't know if it's for the best team wise. I'm sure it'll be great for highlights and marketing/visibility and everyones NBA video games but not so sure for us.
    BRUH

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,587
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    haha wow... this came out of nowhere. And he's in favor of getting Westbrook, the other guy on the podcast was against it so not sure why you'd randomly say that stuff... lol

    Westbrook is a stat machine but hyper inefficient when it comes to turnovers and shooting %'s. It's no surprise the one year he won MVP was the only year he shot close to 35% from 3pt land and lowered his TO's a bit. The problem is Riley probably doesn't want to gut the team and give away valuable assets. Hope you all understand that if this pairing of jimmy butler and westbrook doesn't work out, we'll be stuck with it for 3-4 years and we will become the sideshow which we've always done a great job of avoiding. Think the last time a player forced his way out was Shaq leaving to Phoenix and his big toe injury baloney and drama with the trainer etc.

    Anyway. We literally can't take on any salary. The Thunder are still 2M over the cap and will want to get under it. And the Mavs trading for Delon Wright shut the door on them being a 3rd team taking a player. I have no idea how we pull this trade off without losing 5-6 players, one or some of which will be guys like Winslow & DJJ and we will have crap depth and be stuck with this combo. And I'm not sure they're the best pairing. KO is the perfect type of player to keep to stretch the floor as a 4-5 and he'll also likely be involved in any trade. I really want Westbrook but I just don't know if it's for the best team wise. I'm sure it'll be great for highlights and marketing/visibility and everyones NBA video games but not so sure for us.
    I'm not picky about the Westbrook and Jimmy pairing because I've long said and repeated that no team can win a championship with Butler making the max and being the best player.

    From my own opinion, every team that's won a championship over the last at least 25 years with the exception of the 2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics and 2011 Mavericks has had a clear cut top 5 player in the NBA.

    The fact that Butler makes the max makes it that much more difficult to clear the cap space to sign a superstar top 5 player, and also decreases the likelihood to basically 0% that they are willing to give a discount and take less, knowing full well what Jimmy is paid.

    So I say 'Why not?' With Butler and Jimmy in the East we won't contend but were guaranteed a playoff spot basically barring injury. We become the new Wizards with healthy Beal and Wall. Not a contender but a team that makes the playoff and can reach the 2nd round.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,678
    http://tradenba.com/trades/Bk4FBQfZH

    I know it's a waste of time trying to use the trade machine, but this is my favorite variation I can think of. Dallas does it because they get off of the Lee contract and only absorb a little bit of money for a clear upgrade. OKC does it because they get a young piece they can flaunt (DJJ) and we can also unprotect our 2023 pick as a part of it as well.

    I just really don't want to include Winslow Bam or Herro, but if it takes losing DJJ to get it done, that is something that I can stomach

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not picky about the Westbrook and Jimmy pairing because I've long said and repeated that no team can win a championship with Butler making the max and being the best player.

    From my own opinion, every team that's won a championship over the last at least 25 years with the exception of the 2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics and 2011 Mavericks has had a clear cut top 5 player in the NBA.

    The fact that Butler makes the max makes it that much more difficult to clear the cap space to sign a superstar top 5 player, and also decreases the likelihood to basically 0% that they are willing to give a discount and take less, knowing full well what Jimmy is paid.

    So I say 'Why not?' With Butler and Jimmy in the East we won't contend but were guaranteed a playoff spot basically barring injury. We become the new Wizards with healthy Beal and Wall. Not a contender but a team that makes the playoff and can reach the 2nd round.
    For the most part I agree with you... BUT!

    If Pat can get West, without given up any young guys, then Miami has a chance to grow with in & still compete at the same time.

    We have the contracts to make the trade work. Waiters 12mil, JJ 15mil, & KO 11.6mil; contracts are around 39mil (West Contract I believe is 38.5mil).

    Dragic 19mil, Leonard 11.2mil.

    Do you guys see Winslow even fitting in alongside Jimmy & West? If so, we should keep him, if not he would be perfect to throw into the trade.

    Pat needs to pull off this trade without giving up Bam, Djj, & Herro. If Pat can keep Winslow, well I can truly say that we are getting the best of both words; still keeping are youth & contending at the same time.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    http://tradenba.com/trades/Bk4FBQfZH

    I know it's a waste of time trying to use the trade machine, but this is my favorite variation I can think of. Dallas does it because they get off of the Lee contract and only absorb a little bit of money for a clear upgrade. OKC does it because they get a young piece they can flaunt (DJJ) and we can also unprotect our 2023 pick as a part of it as well.

    I just really don't want to include Winslow Bam or Herro, but if it takes losing DJJ to get it done, that is something that I can stomach
    Every body wins. I believe Pat would rather trade Djj over Winslow any day.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Letís get this done ASAP!

    Dade County, **** Skolnick!! He cheated on his wife with prostitutes and beat up his dad.
    WOW

    .... Shots







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Big 3s age now vs when their contracts expire:

    Jimmy: 29-33
    Westbrook: 30-34
    Love: 30-34

    How do you offset them aging and declining? With young players coming in to their own and becoming great players themselves, on solid contracts like Winslowís.

    Bam - 2 way star potential
    Justise - 2 way star potential
    DJJ - athletic 3 and D potential
    Herro - floor is peak Klay Thompson

    Letís see how many of these guys we get to keep in these trades.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,678
    Has there been any credible source that said we are interested in Love, or has that just been all speculation on our parts?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,421
    Herro's FLOOR is peak Klay Thompson who is arguably the 2nd greatest gunner of all time? What's Herro's ceiling then? C'mon now!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    5,178
    Yeah, there's a special class of HEAT fans on that Herro bandwagon right now that I am not joining anytime soon. I'm not taking any play outside the regular season seriously.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •