Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,663 of 1663
    Plus I don't know why the Heat are so insistent on keeping Herro when last season he played like garbage and not to mention Oladipo has never been the same after that freak injury he sustained in Indiana

I mean with Nunn I would rather keep him around along with players like Precious

Duncan Robinson I mean I would keep him but isn't his contract situation coming up same with Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Plus I don't know why the Heat are so insistent on keeping Herro when last season he played like garbage and not to mention Oladipo has never been the same after that freak injury he sustained in Indiana

I mean with Nunn I would rather keep him around along with players like Precious

Duncan Robinson I mean I would keep him but isn't his contract situation coming up same with Dragic
    I can envision Herro and Oladipo both playing better in 2022 than they did inn 2021. I can't say the same for a Nunn unless they are empty stats on a bad team or in a really high pace offense that's a perfect fit.

If a Nunn plays with the HEAT next season, he's almost guaranteed to be a continuation of the same player he's already been.

Oladipo will certainly be better than the 12 ppg player he was over 4 games he played with Miami and for Herro most 3rd year players see the biggest increase in effectiveness.

I am pretty sure both players will perform better then last season.

As long as Miami get value for him.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I thought about this last week, how would you guys feel if Pat traded for Ben? Once again, this would be a Riley move. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    What does the rest of the roster look like?

What's you're strategy on who gets renounced who we use Bird rights to exceed the cap, etc?
    Well my off-season "hope" entails some luck due to the fact Lowry is expected to a $25-30 million dollar player with teams like the Knicks and Pelicans at the forefront......so maybe the prospect of playing in Miami with his good friend Jimmy, no state tax and relatively competitive team will give us a better chance at signing him around a $18-22 annual

If we pull the qualifying offers from Nunn and Robinson we'll have $27 million in cap space, but that turns both players from restricted to unrestricted free agents (the decision date for the offers is Aug 2), that's a pretty big risk but if we can fit both Gay and Lowry's first year salary at $27 million then I'm willing to pull qualifying offers especially since I think we'll still have their bird rights.....we renounce rights on Oladipo and decline Dragic/Iggy team options

We give $18 million to Lowry (that's his starting salary, not annual) and $9 million to Gay, Dragic comes back on vet min (or room exception), we pay Robinson with bird rights, let Nunn go, and if we still have our room exception go after Otto Porter jr (or Ariza), and re-sign Dedmon for the vet min

Lowry/Dragic
    Robinson/Herro
    Butler/Porter jr
    Gay/Precious
    Bam/Dedmon

But again, if Lowry is a $25-30 million dollar player than my off-season "hope" goes down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I thought about this last week, how would you guys feel if Pat traded for Ben? Once again, this would be a Riley move. lol
    I can definitely see Pat Riley trading for Ben Simmons...it wouldn't shock me

Wow, I'm actually really impressed by some of our undrafted FA signings so far:

Dejon Jarreau, Houston, Guard
    Javonte Smart, LSU, Guard
    AJ Lawson, South Carolina, Guard

They're all top 100 RSCI guys, 6'4+ combo-ish guards, Lawson is the best pure scorer and Smart/Jarreau are the better playmakers

The guy who might be most intriguing is Jarreau due to his defense but as long as one of these guys performs then that could be our Nunn replacement right there

AJ Lawson...love the signing

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Wow, I'm actually really impressed by some of our undrafted FA signings so far:

Dejon Jarreau, Houston, Guard
    Javonte Smart, LSU, Guard
    AJ Lawson, South Carolina, Guard

They're all top 100 RSCI guys, 6'4+ combo-ish guards, Lawson is the best pure scorer and Smart/Jarreau are the better playmakers

The guy who might be most intriguing is Jarreau due to his defense but as long as one of these guys performs then that could be our Nunn replacement right there
    Dejon Jarreau definitely seems like a great defensive guards that will immediately replace Gabe Vincent as that defensive guard when needed.

Not sure about replacing Nunn just yet. Not quite the scorer yet, don't think he will ever be either.

Dejon Jarreau definitely seems like a great defensive guards that will immediately replace Gabe Vincent as that defensive guard when needed.

Not sure about replacing Nunn just yet. Not quite the scorer yet, don't think he will ever be either.
    Yeah, Jarreau is not the scorer that Nunn is but all we really need Jarreau to do is hit spot up threes since he's already a good play-maker and defender to have any impact as a rotational guy (and he's a good rebounding guard too)

Also we extended the qualifying offers to Nunn and Robinson which means (I think) we now have $21 million in cap space

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Yeah, Jarreau is not the scorer that Nunn is but all we really need Jarreau to do is hit spot up threes since he's already a good play-maker and defender to have any impact as a rotational guy (and he's a good rebounding guard too)

Also we extended the qualifying offers to Nunn and Robinson which means (I think) we now have $21 million in cap space
    It's the smart thing to do. Miami can always rescind the Q.O. later if needed.

It wouldn't shock me if both those guys got massive offers from an outside team.

It's the smart thing to do. Miami can always rescind the Q.O. later if needed.

It wouldn't shock me if both those guys got massive offers from an outside team.
    And the plot thickens:

We picked up Dragic's $19 million team option

Sign-and-trade for Lowry?

Maybe we signed a bunch of guards because not only are we losing Nunn......but maybe Dragic too

Also of note we ended up signing 2 MORE guards that have potential to make the roster:

Marcus Garrett, Kansas, was literally one of the best defensive players in the country

Dru Smith, Missou, out of all the guards we signed Smith might be the best two-way guard since he can shoot 3's and free throws and play good defense