Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yeah I don't think it can be converted to team option. He would just need to decline it now waaay ahead of the time deadline to do so.
    Yea pretty sure youíre right. I mean if he wants out of OKC itís probably his only way. Might mean the heat decide to only take 1 pick from OKC too

Just canít see a guy possibly declining 44mil that late in his career. It would be malpractice. Heís also the Union chief, no shot he does that

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Yea pretty sure youíre right. I mean if he wants out of OKC itís probably his only way. Might mean the heat decide to only take 1 pick from OKC too
    If CP agrees to decline his 3rd year as part of the trade effectively making it a 2yr contract, I'd gladly welcome him. To be honest I'd even do it letting them keep them both of our picks, but at least adding lottery protection to the 2021 pick (but if it doesn't convey in 2021 the deal is satisfied).

The trade would still be tricky to get Miami under the hard cap nonetheless. I'm not confident a deal gets done even if everyone's on board.

And like everyone has said, I see 0.01% chance he declines that option.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If CP agrees to decline his 3rd year as part of the trade effectively making it a 2yr contract, I'd gladly welcome him. To be honest I'd even do it letting them keep them both of our picks, but at least adding lottery protection to the 2021 pick (but if it doesn't convey in 2021 the deal is satisfied).

The trade would still be tricky to get Miami under the hard cap nonetheless. I'm not confident a deal gets done even if everyone's on board.

And like everyone has said, I see 0.01% chance he declines that option.
    Yea I agree that if Paul eliminates his player option than I would welcome that trade but I would still want our 2023 1st pick back just because those protections last until 2026 which means the next earliest pick we can trade would be 2028 and since that's further than seven years out we can't trade it even if we wanted to anyways...The Thunder can still keep our unprotected 2021 pick tho

I was playing with the trade machine and the trade that kind of makes sense would be: Chris Paul and Patrick Patterson's expiring contract and our 2023 first round pick for Goran Dragic's expiring, Meyers Leonard's expiring and James Johnson's two year deal...We trade out $45.853 million and we get in return $44.217 million...But that trade would have to wait until 9/4/19 since Leonard has a trade restriction that expires then

If Paul is willing to eliminate his player option ONLY for us than that would give us major leverage in trade negotiations since any other team will clearly ask for 1-2 first round picks due to that third year at $44 million...But again, like you and countless others have said the probability of Paul eliminating his player option is close to zero

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Just canít see a guy possibly declining 44mil that late in his career. It would be malpractice. Heís also the Union chief, no shot he does that
    Yea I agree, but if thatís the case heís honestly stuck and itís his own fault. I mean I canít see him being ok with staying in OKC for 3 years and just wasting any good years he has left. I saw that guys were laughing when he was traded to OKC because in the union they feel like he only prioritizes superstar/max level guys.

Yea I agree, but if thatís the case heís honestly stuck and itís his own fault. I mean I canít see him being ok with staying in OKC for 3 years and just wasting any good years he has left. I saw that guys were laughing when he was traded to OKC because in the union they feel like he only prioritizes superstar/max level guys.
    I would need to read over the CBA to figure out specifics, but I wonder if this whole CP3 fiasco will lead to more players requesting a NTC. If I remember correctly, not a single player in the league has one right now after Melo's last deal ran its course. But an aging star like a CP3 should have definitely demanded a NTC in his last deal, so something like this couldn't happen.

Actually the more I think about it, If the only way he can legit get out of OKC is to waive his PO he would do it I would say. There just no way heís going to waste his last good years on a team like that. If thatís his only way out heíll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I would need to read over the CBA to figure out specifics, but I wonder if this whole CP3 fiasco will lead to more players requesting a NTC. If I remember correctly, not a single player in the league has one right now after Melo's last deal ran its course. But an aging star like a CP3 should have definitely demanded a NTC in his last deal, so something like this couldn't happen.
    You have players like Chris Paul running the players union, who even other players have said they worry far more about star power and max type players than the regular NBA vet. Now you have players forcing trades left and right when they aren't happy, even when they have 1-3 years left on their deals. And now you're saying players should be requesting NTC and teams should give it to them? I mean... what's the point of having GMs at this point if you're just going to let the top 10-20 players run the league. If they get max salaries, dictate when they want to leave and then on top of that will also have the power to dictate exactly what team they want to go to?... I mean... it would get a little out of control don't you think? The players already have too much control, you start giving out NTC's you might as well just make your star players Co-GM's.
    BRUH

I doubt they just simply want cap relief.

A Big 3 guys? lol

But what could Miami offer for these 2?

?/ Nunn
    Beal
    Jimmy
    Blake
    Bam

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    A Big 3 guys? lol

But what could Miami offer for these 2?

?/ Nunn
    Beal
    Jimmy
    Blake
    Bam
    We donít have near enough for that, Especially not enough to keep bam lol

Y'all are dreaming that there's any scenario where we get Beal and Griffin hahaha. No chance.
    A more realistic scenario would be us landing CP3 and OKC giving up some assets.

What about something like...

Heat get
    CP3
    Griffin

Pistons get
    Miami Heat 1st round pick in 2023 via OKC (since they own it)
    Gallinari (not a huge drop off from Griffin and younger and an expiring so Pistons could still try to compete but blow it all up if it fails and drummond hitting FA this year)
    DJJ

OKC gets
    Goran Dragic
    James Johnson
    Dion Waiters or Leonard Meyers

something along those lines. Stronger chance something like that happens around ASG trade deadline. It'll depend how Waiters or Meyers or JJ are playing with us. How Pistons are doing and their record. How vocal CP3 is about leaving or creating drama. I think the only way we get Griffin is if we get assets from OKC to flip them to Pistons. Otherwise we don't have the assets to get him unless we give them two of Herro/Bam/Winslow and even then I don't know if they do it. Same way we can't get Beal unless we take on John Wall as a negative asset. If Wiz see Wall and his contract as a neutral or positive assets, 0% we ever get Beal.
    BRUH

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast