Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1414
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Offer them Nunn, Okpala, 1st, and Olynyk for George Paul haha. His value is all-time low now.

Edit: Sam Presti looks like a freaking genius now. What a haul he got for Playoff P.
    Presti had KD, Westy. And Harden

Traded Harden for lamb

He had his chance and Ruined it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/h...cy-per-report/

Grant would fit this team well, but I'm certain he wants a long term guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    You haven't said anything to dissuade mine either, LOL. I guess we can call it an agree to disagree.

Herro and Giannis compliment each other because of the extreme threat Giannis plays in the pick and roll. Giannis averages 2.4 screen assists (5.5 screen points) versus a dismal 0.4 (0.9) for Kawhi. This tells us Kawhi plays almost no role or is no threat as the primary screener and is only setting up different action. Giannis creates all types of mismatches and coverage problems in a P&R with Herro, and although he doesn't have 3PT spacing he has vertical spacing as the lob threat. Teams will switch a Herro/Leonard P&R and won't even blink while we know that's not true with Herro/Giannis.

You also heavily downplay the rebounding advantage when it's almost double the rebound percentage 19.6 vs 10.3 in favor of Giannis. The defensive impact is also heavily overlooked with it being a wash in every measurable category except deflections and steals. It's not a fluke Leonard got just 5 third place votes for DPOY. It's THAT big of an overall difference.

You talk about the Lakers benching Howard & McGee but don't mention that Morris and LeBron are both 6'9" and very physical. Kawhi is 6'7" and has played less physical in recent years possibly due to injury.

For me Leonard is a good player but I would be extremely annoyed if Miami prioritizes Leonard over Giannis in free agency.
    The vertical spacing lob threat is already occupied by Bam, having basically two centers isn't ideal for spacing, I understand your point on pnr with Herro but a lot of the NBA playoffs become 1-on-1 half court scoring especially late in game, which has clearly hurt Giannis so far in the playoffs......so that extra spacing I was talking about with Kawhi is a more important trait for Herro creating on his own OR Herro/Bam pnr with Kawhi as a better spacer

Kawhi is 6'7 with a 7'3 wingspan, Chris Bosh sized hands, a strong frame that can shed the 6'9 behemoth Morris off at the rim with ease, and for a guy who has become less "physical" in recent years his 9 rebounds per game (in playoffs) and increased free throw rate is pretty weak by Kawhi

And seriously about the DPOY voting? Andre Drummond got more votes than Kawhi, Lebron James didn't get any votes at all, and freaking Whiteside got a vote.......Saying that theres a big difference in defense because of the vote is pretty weak

My original post on this topic stated it's a long shot we're getting Kawhi, so it probably won't even come down to a Giannis-or-Kawhi thing....BUT, if we were able to get either Kawhi OR Giannis, unless Giannis shows improvements at shooting next season (which I admit is possible) then I'd want Kawhi still even with the baggage

I'll tell you this, I'd love Cole Anthony, but I just don't see it as a Riley move. But then again they've surprised me recently with some of the draft moves and starting rookie Kendrick Nunn. But Miami has always looked past UNC players.

I totally also see them giving Maxey a hard look though. He seems to be a Marcus Smart type who will just make winning plays despite his shortcomings as a shooter. But I think it would be the wrong move to add a non-shooter. Just seeing how painful it was to try and get Winslow to a decent level I can't go thru that torture again. Same reason I'd hate RJ Hampton.
    Even though Maxey shot 29% from three I wouldn't say he's a non-shooter, he did shoot 83% from FT line and shot a decent amount of pull up threes and off-dribble shots, Herro shot 35.5% at Kentucky which is average but had a 93.5% FT percentage, touch matters.....Winslow shot 64% from the line at Duke

I'm also probably not gonna shut up about Grant Riller lol The dude took so many tough off-balance, off-dribble shots AND shot it at a good rate, I just think he has potential for great shot creation

Also I think there could be a solid undrafted market again, finding guys like Duncan Robinson or Dort can change the trajectory of a franchise.......I have my eye on Trevelin Queen and Nate Hinton

At #20 as far as the Draft and who the Heat should draft with that pick: Aaron Nesmith

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    At #20 as far as the Draft and who the Heat should draft with that pick: Aaron Nesmith
    It's basically a guarantee he's a late lottery pick in the 10-15 range. I agree he's an interesting prospect though he's on the short side as a 6'6" wing.

Two questions:

First, does anyone think Miami takes the "long view" or a win now approach in the draft? If Cole Anthony is there I'd really like to see them take the long view and take someone with a great physical profile who might take 1-2 seasons to payoff like Bam did.

Second, if they take that long view, would they be seeing Okpala as the "2020 draft pick"? Do you think he comes in playing a bigger role than whoever they draft this year?

It's basically a guarantee he's a late lottery pick in the 10-15 range. I agree he's an interesting prospect though he's on the short side as a 6'6" wing.

Two questions:

First, does anyone think Miami takes the "long view" or a win now approach in the draft? If Cole Anthony is there I'd really like to see them take the long view and take someone with a great physical profile who might take 1-2 seasons to payoff like Bam did.

Second, if they take that long view, would they be seeing Okpala as the "2020 draft pick"? Do you think he comes in playing a bigger role than whoever they draft this year?
    Poku is another player to go after

Okpala has to be in the rotation IMO.

We’ve been working out a lot of stretch bigs that would fit perfect next to Bam and have insane measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    We’ve been working out a lot of stretch bigs that would fit perfect next to Bam and have insane measurements.
    I would love a 1yr stop gap in Danilo Gallinari. If Pat can pull off, 2 out of these 4 players, I believe we can get back to the ECF, to face the Nets.

Jure Holiday or Victor Oladipo
    Gallinari(2yr contract, team option after 1yr) or Blake Griffin(opts out after this season or no deal)

Holiday or Vic
    Herro
    Jimmy
    Gallinari or Blake
    Bam

6th man D Robinson (I don't know if Miami can & would keep Dragic if this actually goes down...But I wouldn't mind him still on the team).

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson Played Big Roles For Miami In Their Finals Run

They should be even better this upcoming season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRdR...BleacherReport

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Jrue Holiday is actually an interesting fit

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Millsap is definitely on my radar of great fitting players. Wes Matthews would be a decent cheap replacement for Crowder if he leaves.

Millsap is definitely on my radar of great fitting players. Wes Matthews would be a decent cheap replacement for Crowder if he leaves.
    Yea Millsap was a very efficient scorer last year, didn’t score much but did it efficiently and shot like 42% from 3 I believe. He’s always been a Swiss Army knife which would be perfect next to Bam. I’d like to keep crowder as well. Matthews was bad offensively last year but defensively I think he guarded Jimmy better than anyone in the playoffs.

Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast