Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    A lot of what you're saying makes sense, but I see a few major things differently. For me is clear Kawhi has hit his peak and likely will not improve. Because of injury history he may even regress sooner. I don't know how Miami and Jimmy would take to his "load management".

Giannis is just getting to his prime and still has room to improve. I foresee Miami developing those missing parts of his game and him becoming a 70% FT shooter. The size advantage makes for much more dynamic lineups. If BAM gets injured or is in foul trouble, the best lineup still has a guy who's 6'11 in the game, versus with Kawhi it may be 6'7 like we saw many times against the Lakers and Celtics which left them exposed defensively. If Herro is really our future, the skillset between Herro and Giannis complement each other much better.

On top of all that, the max for Kawhi will be unnecessarily more expensive as a 10 year veteran next summer. I don't think Miami's management or many others would agree with your assessment that Kawhi would benefit Miami greater.
    You've said nothing to dissuade my opinion........I already brought up Kawhi's injury history and age as my major (only) concerns in comparison with Giannis, so if we sign Giannis over Kawhi those reasons are the overriding factors BUT hoping that Giannis develops skills that Kawhi ALREADY has even though free throw percentage tends to be a good indicator of future shooting success and Giannis MIGHT shoot 70% isn't really a bode of confidence

IDK where this Herro/Giannis is a better complement thing comes from when giving Herro as much space as possible to operate in the lane lands in Kawhi's favor......and stop talking about size, you keep hammering home this size thing when the team that won the title literally BENCHED it's center in the closeout game....stop acting like finding a suitable backup to Bam AND signing Kawhi are mutually exclusive things, we can do both at the same time

And then to rap it up by saying "I don't think Miami's management or many others would agree with your assessment" when one guy literally had an historic playoff run en route to a title is pretty funny (and oh, one of these guys can shoot which is pretty important too)

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Why not Both? Go big or go home lol
    Never say never lol

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Turning to the 2020 draft, who are realistic players you want Miami to take?

My picks:
    1) Saddiq Bey: 6'8" 21 yr old Sophomore SF
    -Great 3&D potential. Was excellent in both seasons shooting and has excellent defensive fundamentals. Could be an elite role player but most mocks have him gone by 20

2) Kira Lewis Jr: 6'3" 19 yr old Sophomore PG
    -Super young for a 2yr player. Won't turn 20 until April. Lightning quick with good all around skills. Could have star potential if his outside shooting develops further.

3) Jalen Smith: 6'10" 20yr old Sophomore C/PF
    -Realistically more stretch 5 than a PF, but has excellent timing on blocks and can be a good defensive fit.
    Hey....why not go with another Kentucky guy lol....Tyrese Maxey anyone?

I'm also a big Grant Riller fan, he's a small school guy but was fantastic at creating his own shot off the dribble

I'm also a fan of Xavier Tillman as a backup big

Both Tillman and Riller are projected as 2nd round guys

If Cole Anthony drops that would be an interesting pick, most thought he was a for sure top 5 pick coming into the season then gets hurt and really doesn't play as well as he could've

Out of the 3 players you listed I might go with Bey, but that's a hard one, they all fill needs, Smith could be a solid backup to Bam and Lewis can be an upgrade over Nunn while Bey could be an upgrade over Crowder...tough call

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    You've said nothing to dissuade my opinion........I already brought up Kawhi's injury history and age as my major (only) concerns in comparison with Giannis, so if we sign Giannis over Kawhi those reasons are the overriding factors BUT hoping that Giannis develops skills that Kawhi ALREADY has even though free throw percentage tends to be a good indicator of future shooting success and Giannis MIGHT shoot 70% isn't really a bode of confidence

IDK where this Herro/Giannis is a better complement thing comes from when giving Herro as much space as possible to operate in the lane lands in Kawhi's favor......and stop talking about size, you keep hammering home this size thing when the team that won the title literally BENCHED it's center in the closeout game....stop acting like finding a suitable backup to Bam AND signing Kawhi are mutually exclusive things, we can do both at the same time

And then to rap it up by saying "I don't think Miami's management or many others would agree with your assessment" when one guy literally had an historic playoff run en route to a title is pretty funny (and oh, one of these guys can shoot which is pretty important too)
    You haven't said anything to dissuade mine either, LOL. I guess we can call it an agree to disagree.

Herro and Giannis compliment each other because of the extreme threat Giannis plays in the pick and roll. Giannis averages 2.4 screen assists (5.5 screen points) versus a dismal 0.4 (0.9) for Kawhi. This tells us Kawhi plays almost no role or is no threat as the primary screener and is only setting up different action. Giannis creates all types of mismatches and coverage problems in a P&R with Herro, and although he doesn't have 3PT spacing he has vertical spacing as the lob threat. Teams will switch a Herro/Leonard P&R and won't even blink while we know that's not true with Herro/Giannis.

You also heavily downplay the rebounding advantage when it's almost double the rebound percentage 19.6 vs 10.3 in favor of Giannis. The defensive impact is also heavily overlooked with it being a wash in every measurable category except deflections and steals. It's not a fluke Leonard got just 5 third place votes for DPOY. It's THAT big of an overall difference.

You talk about the Lakers benching Howard & McGee but don't mention that Morris and LeBron are both 6'9" and very physical. Kawhi is 6'7" and has played less physical in recent years possibly due to injury.

For me Leonard is a good player but I would be extremely annoyed if Miami prioritizes Leonard over Giannis in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Hey....why not go with another Kentucky guy lol....Tyrese Maxey anyone?

I'm also a big Grant Riller fan, he's a small school guy but was fantastic at creating his own shot off the dribble

I'm also a fan of Xavier Tillman as a backup big

Both Tillman and Riller are projected as 2nd round guys

If Cole Anthony drops that would be an interesting pick, most thought he was a for sure top 5 pick coming into the season then gets hurt and really doesn't play as well as he could've

Out of the 3 players you listed I might go with Bey, but that's a hard one, they all fill needs, Smith could be a solid backup to Bam and Lewis can be an upgrade over Nunn while Bey could be an upgrade over Crowder...tough call
    I'll tell you this, I'd love Cole Anthony, but I just don't see it as a Riley move. But then again they've surprised me recently with some of the draft moves and starting rookie Kendrick Nunn. But Miami has always looked past UNC players.

I totally also see them giving Maxey a hard look though. He seems to be a Marcus Smart type who will just make winning plays despite his shortcomings as a shooter. But I think it would be the wrong move to add a non-shooter. Just seeing how painful it was to try and get Winslow to a decent level I can't go thru that torture again. Same reason I'd hate RJ Hampton.

If Miami goes after Kawhi...I can easily see Miami players getting annoyed with him especially considering being late for flights and special privileges

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Miami goes after Kawhi...I can easily see Miami players getting annoyed with him especially considering being late for flights and special privileges
    Not in Miami. Pat don't play any of that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Miami has these assets... 2020 1st rd pick, Nunn, D Robinson, Okpala, Iguodala, KO, Silva

These our their key assets... Bam, Hero, jimmy

How can they increase their odds on getting back to the Finals? Or is next season just an overall growth season for Bam & Herro?

I would like either Ibaka or Tristan Thompson to help out Bam; and for ball handling/scoring, I would like them to target LaVine, Beal, Oladipo, George Paul lol, & Jrue Holiday.

Miami needs a scorer & i do not want to go into the season without one.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Miami has these assets... 2020 1st rd pick, Nunn, D Robinson, Okpala, Iguodala, KO, Silva

These our their key assets... Bam, Hero, jimmy

How can they increase their odds on getting back to the Finals? Or is next season just an overall growth season for Bam & Herro?

I would like either Ibaka or Tristan Thompson to help out Bam; and for ball handling/scoring, I would like them to target LaVine, Beal, Oladipo, George Paul lol, & Jrue Holiday.

Miami needs a scorer & i do not want to go into the season without one.
    A scorer on top of Dragić/Crowder? Or as a replacement?

Then I can easily see George Paul on the Heat

Offer them Nunn, Okpala, 1st, and Olynyk for George Paul haha. His value is all-time low now.

Edit: Sam Presti looks like a freaking genius now. What a haul he got for Playoff P.

No thanks to any Paul George trades. There's no guarantee that he's opting out next summer.

Falls in the same bucket as CP3, Blake, and others deemed unlikely.

Or imagine if Kawhi came to Miami...load management to the max

Iíll gladly take PG lol. It would take Herro but I think we would win the championship.

Hereís where I stand on Herro, would I love to get someone like PG, Beal, Booker, etc. for him this summer? Absolutely. Would I like to keep him and watch him develop into an all star on a rookie contract while also adding another star or 2 to the team? Absolutely lol. Iím just going to let Pat make that decision and support it whichever way he decides to go.

Idk if itís been posted here yet but reports say Oladipo wants Miami a lot more than Miami wants Oladipo and weíre apparently looking for bigger fish. Youíre not getting bigger fish than that without moving Herro but maybe Iím wrong. Maybe Pat sends all the picks and pick swaps he can and Nets us a legit star. Keep in mind picks are going to have more value going forward since high school players can declare starting 2021 (unless thatís changed)

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast