Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I'll admit I definitely am a Winslow homer. I just think the fit works really well now, and we should give this starting lineup time to see if it works. Theoretically, Winslow at PG with Herro and Butler both next to him should work very well.
    I see it a little differently... Winslow will be guarding the other teams point guard (if that PG has offensive talent), but in actually Winslow should be the SF.

I like Dragic better as teh starter & playing along side Herro. But yes, everyone will bring up the defensive issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Just sit back and enjoy this Winslow-Herro-Butler-Olynyk-Bam starting 5, it's going to be fun as hell.
    KO will not be starting at the beginning of the season. M Leonard is the starter as of right now.

& I rather...

Dragic
    Hero
    Jimmy
    Djj
    Bam

Replacing Winslow defense for Djj (Jimmy, Djj & Bam switching off of the pick & rolls). But I have no problem with M Leonard starting next to Bam.

With this starting lineup, I know we will have better offensive positions & fg percentage rating. Dragon & Herro makes up for not having KO or M Leonard in the starting lineup.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Bradley Beal Affirms That He Wants to End Up on Miami Heat

Beal likes a tweet from a fan, that wants to see him ball out in a HEAT jersey. I don't see us getting Cp3 & 2 of our 1st rd picks back; so the only way is to take on Wall contract, or want until he is a free agent.

Which Beal has stated already he would give Miami a free agent meeting. & please no ridiculous trade scenarios involving Herro. Thank you.

Recently, Beal liked a tweet from a fan who appears to be desperate to see him play in a Heat uniform.
    The fan could be an avid follower of both the Heat and Beal and may be dreaming of the day the two-time All-Star plays for a playoff contender once again.

Beal’s time with the Washington Wizards could be drawing to a close as his team doesn’t appear to be going anywhere this season with its current roster. Even at full strength, the Wizards are probably just contenders for the eighth seed despite playing in the weak Eastern Conference.

Last season, the 26-year-old shooting guard had his best season as a pro. He registered career-highs in three major statistical categories with 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, while playing in all 82 games for a second straight year.

Recently, Beal said that he is aware that Heat fans want to see him traded to their team. If they were to acquire the seven-year veteran during the season, the Heat will arguably become one of the top contenders for the Eastern Conference crown.

Needless to say, pairing newly acquired franchise player Jimmy Butler with Beal would be a dream come true for Heat fans everywhere.

https://heatnation.com/media/bradley...-heat-uniform/
    #HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I gave Winslow 3years!!!

Then I just had to come to the realization that he isn't offensively gifted; and he is more like a tool box type of player. A very good glue guy.

If Miami wants to keep viewing him as a starting player at POINT GUARD; then yes i feel it's time for him to go.

If they have him as are 6man, and sometime even in the closing lineup, depending on the game situation, then he could be a HEAT lifer.
    I agree with basically everything here.

Winslow is not a bum, he's just not a starting PG. I also believe the original intention was if Dragić was traded to Dallas, Whiteside would have been traded for a PG.

Winslow is okay as a backup, but cannot be relied upon as the primary workhorse at PG. Winslow is a great glue guy. Reminds me of Iggy on the Warriors. Same role would be ideal. A bench point forward who can give you 9-12 PPG and good defense.

See, I think you guys gotta stop looking at Winslow as the starting "PG" but more like the starting ball handler

Watching the preseason games Winslow does seem to be the primary but it hasn't been overwhelming with Bam, Herro, Butler, Waiters, Nunn, Dragic all initiating the offense quite often....Heck even DJJ brought it up a few times and when James Johnson comes back he will as well

I could easily see Dragic, Butler, Herro, Waiters or Nunn take on the same role as Winslow at various points in the season, all of them can be the starting/lead ball handler and considering we don't have an elite offensive creator using ball handler by committee with our personnel seems like a smart approach to start the season

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I agree with basically everything here.

Winslow is not a bum, he's just not a starting PG. I also believe the original intention was if Dragić was traded to Dallas, Whiteside would have been traded for a PG.

Winslow is okay as a backup, but cannot be relied upon as the primary workhorse at PG. Winslow is a great glue guy. Reminds me of Iggy on the Warriors. Same role would be ideal. A bench point forward who can give you 9-12 PPG and good defense.
    I think this can be a pretty fair comparison, with just one key difference. The Warriors were one of the most talented teams of all time, but we don't have that luxury. That version of Iguodola would have been starting on 99% of NBA teams, he just found the one team where his playmaking ability and elite defense were better suited off the bench. Winslow's final form could be what you're saying, a Golden State Iggy type of guy (with a better 3pt shot for Winslow), but that type of glue player needs to start for our team. That type of player is the perfect fit next to Butler and probably Herro, assuming Herro does end up starting.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    See, I think you guys gotta stop looking at Winslow as the starting "PG" but more like the starting ball handler

Watching the preseason games Winslow does seem to be the primary but it hasn't been overwhelming with Bam, Herro, Butler, Waiters, Nunn, Dragic all initiating the offense quite often....Heck even DJJ brought it up a few times and when James Johnson comes back he will as well

I could easily see Dragic, Butler, Herro, Waiters or Nunn take on the same role as Winslow at various points in the season, all of them can be the starting/lead ball handler and considering we don't have an elite offensive creator using ball handler by committee with our personnel seems like a smart approach to start the season
    I feel this is a flawed strategy. Miami was a horrible team with turnovers and FT shooting. Winslow helps with neither of these. His assist turnover ratio at 1.99 scores him as 172nd in the league. His putrid 62.8 FT% ranks him as the 421st ranked player in the league.

How can a player who's so deficient in such critical areas be seen as net positive overall? These 2 areas are specifically the root causes (along with lack of a closer) why Miami missed the playoffs last year.

Miami deserves a starting PG who can limit as much ball handling duties as possible away from not only Winslow but basically most of the guys you mentioned to maximize offensive efficiency. It's great that BAM can bring the ball up the floor. But w they shouldn't need that as a team. Bam, JJ, etc should have a player properly feeding them excellent open looks.

When it comes to small forwards last season Winslow ranked 11th in real plus/minus, also last season post all-star break when Winslow took on more ball handling responsibilities because of injuries he led the team in net efficiency with a +3.5, and if you want to look at the season as a whole Winslow still lead the team in net efficiency at +3.4 and the next highest player was Olynyk at +1.9, so let's not act like Winslow was one of the root causes as to why we missed the playoffs or some net negative

I mean Winslow had a usage of 20.6% last season, to put that in prospective Wade lead the team at 26.9%, Dragic 22.4%, Waiters 21.3%, JRich 20.3%, TJ 18.9%.....my guess for this season would be Butler leading usage then Dragic, Waiters, Winslow and Herro...We're talking about a player who most likely will be the 4th most used ball handler on our team

Like I said in my previous post, I think some of you guys are too hung up on the term "starting PG" and have to look at it like starting ball handler apart of a committee...Dragic, Butler and Waiters will be our three main ball handlers like last season (Butler replacing Wade), if Winslow gets the starting gig I assume it's mostly for defensive reasons but knowing Spo lineup adjustments are inevitable

Well we can cross Bradley Beal off of our wishlists, at least for now. He just signed a 2 year extension with Washington, and won't be trade eligible until the end of the season.

Beal, Wizards reach two-year, $72M extension

Well we can cross Bradley Beal off of our wishlists, at least for now. He just signed a 2 year extension with Washington, and won't be trade eligible until the end of the season.
    I feel that Washington wanted to raise Beal trade value. And they wanted the House, but NO team was offering it to them.

indeed they are trying their hardest to prove to Beal they can turn it around. But I find it strange that after 2 days of Beal liking a post made by a fan, that wanted Beal to bring his talent to South Beach; this extension happens.

"Beal has agreed on a two-year extension worth nearly $72 million with Washington, a major victory for the Wizards and a move that will keep the All-Star guard out of free agency for at least the next three summers.

The agreement was confirmed Thursday by Beal's agent, Mark Bartelstein. ESPN first reported the details of the extension.

Beal still had two years left on his existing contract. The extension kicks in for the 2021-22 season, has a player option for the following year and means that Beal won't be part of what has been shaping up to be an NBA free-agent extravaganza in the summer of 2021.

The Wizards were willing to give Beal a three-year extension that would have been worth about $111 million over three years. Beal went the two-year route and that protects his future options — he could opt out of the deal in the summer of 2022, coinciding with his 10th year in the league.

The 10-year milestone is significant: By having that many years of service, Beal would be eligible to sign a new deal worth in excess of $250 million over the next five seasons.

Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard told a story as the team was getting ready to begin training camp of what he says to young players he meets for the first time: Work as hard as Beal.

"It sounds easy," Sheppard said. "Then you come in and you see all the work that Bradley puts in every day, all the leadership he exudes every day. He's shown time and time again how committed he is to D.C."

https://www.tsn.ca/bradley-beal-wash...sion-1.1382506

Bradley Beal

This is all for leverage, if things doesn't workout for Washington. I am sick of the players doing this. PG did this same damn thing for OKC. The players get their money (nothing wrong with that), but the Organization over values the player and demands an outrageous haul.

I hope Pat stays away from this next off season. Miami can target someone else for the future.

5. Don't rule out a trade down the line
    Getting Beal signed now as opposed to one year down the line had absolutely enormous ramifications for the Wizards. Beal is a seven-year NBA veteran. A player needs to have eight years of experience, four of which having come with their current team, in order to be eligible for a no-trade clause. Beal, therefore, didn't get one here.

The Wizards have given every indication that they plan to keep and build around Beal. If things don't work out, though, they now have control over his future, and this extension makes him an even more valuable trade asset. If this season were to go badly, for instance, Washington could deal him virtually anywhere next summer. Few teams would be afraid of acquiring a player with two guaranteed seasons remaining on his contract.

This isn't something that Wizards fans should expect. It just can't be ruled out, either. It doesn't take much to push a modern superstar down the trade request path, and teams have historically been fairly callous in executing such deals if doing so is in their own self-interest. The Los Angeles Clippers traded Blake Griffin mere months into a five-year deal that included a heartfelt recruitment showing his jersey being retired. If trading Beal makes sense for the Wizards, they'll do it.

Beal did write a 15 percent trade kicker into his new deal, but that is hardly an obstacle. It just forces the Wizards to pay him a lump sum on his way out the door if a trade ever does come. Washington hopes that one will never need to, and that Beal is helping them win basketball games for the next decade. But realistically, the Wizards are years away from any form of contention. This is not going to end the trade rumors surrounding Beal, just quiet them for the time being.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...r-this-season/

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    When it comes to small forwards last season Winslow ranked 11th in real plus/minus, also last season post all-star break when Winslow took on more ball handling responsibilities because of injuries he led the team in net efficiency with a +3.5, and if you want to look at the season as a whole Winslow still lead the team in net efficiency at +3.4 and the next highest player was Olynyk at +1.9, so let's not act like Winslow was one of the root causes as to why we missed the playoffs or some net negative

I mean Winslow had a usage of 20.6% last season, to put that in prospective Wade lead the team at 26.9%, Dragic 22.4%, Waiters 21.3%, JRich 20.3%, TJ 18.9%.....my guess for this season would be Butler leading usage then Dragic, Waiters, Winslow and Herro...We're talking about a player who most likely will be the 4th most used ball handler on our team

Like I said in my previous post, I think some of you guys are too hung up on the term "starting PG" and have to look at it like starting ball handler apart of a committee...Dragic, Butler and Waiters will be our three main ball handlers like last season (Butler replacing Wade), if Winslow gets the starting gig I assume it's mostly for defensive reasons but knowing Spo lineup adjustments are inevitable
    No I think you're the one instead who's missing the point (no pun intended).

Our point is Miami needs a point guard. Someone who can spread the floor and setup teammates for easy looks, including allowing Butler to work off the ball. The sum of these ball-handlers is not > 1 really good PG. I would gladly trade Winslow and Waiters , and anything not Bam or Butler for just one proper point.

Tyler Herro 'untouchable' according to rival GM

The sum of these ball-handlers is not > 1 really good PG. I would gladly trade Winslow and Waiters , and anything not Bam or Butler for just one proper point.
    You forgot to add Herro as one of the untouchables.

In his first three games, Herro is averaging 16.3 points per game, and has been on fire from downtown, hitting 53.3 percent of his five 3-point attempts per game. He's by no means been just a catch-and-shoot guy either, showing off a nice pull-up jumper off the bounce.

With that in mind, it's worth taking a look at an interesting quote from a rival GM regarding how much the Heat value Herro. Per a report from Sean Deveney, he's "untouchable." Via Heavy.com:

"They've been firm on him and (Bam) Adebayo being untouchable," one GM told Heavy.com before Herro's explosive night. "Maybe they would move off of that as the season goes on, but as it stands, they think they've got the second coming of Klay Thompson offensively. They have not had a lot of useful guys on rookie contracts in past years and that's killed their cap. They've got two now, they don't want to let them go."

This is interesting just on its own merits, but even more so considering all the trade rumors the Heat have been involved in over the summer. After acquiring Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in a sign-and-trade deal involving Josh Richardson a few days into free agency, the Heat have been exploring options to get even better.

One of those targets is Chris Paul, who was himself traded from the Houston Rockets to the Oklahoma City Thunder earlier this summer. He would prefer to be on a more competitive team, and the Thunder would love to be able to flip him for more future assets, but his hefty salary makes putting a deal together quite difficult. While the Heat have the large contracts that could match Paul's, the Thunder would likely want more than just expiring deals. But with Herro and Bam Adebayo off the table, there isn't much else that Heat could offer besides draft assets.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...g-to-rival-gm/

Dallas Mavericks Should Risk It All...

Since Beal is off the table, Pat will target someone else down the line... Since the Mavs deal didn't fall through when we traded for Jimmy & Miami had to trade Whiteside to Portland & give up a 1st.

I would like Miami to get a 1st rd pick for Dragic & whatever combination of filler players. In hopes Miami can swap picks with OKC and we get are pick back; just so we can trade more of are picks if a player we are targeting becomes available.

If the Mavs can add one more All-Star to this potentially dangerous team, they might not have to wait to make a statement this season by venturing deep into the playoffs. To do this, Dallas might have to sacrifice their immediate future by trading away valuable draft picks.

Even though the West is loaded, Dallas might feel that they have a shot with two young developing superstars in the ranks. Giving them star quality help will only serve to boost their growth in every facet of the game.

Here are the players Dallas should risk it all to add to their very intriguing lineup.

Goran Dragic is a national teammate of Luka Doncic, and that link might be enough to convince Dallas to go out and grab him.

Dragic is very unselfish and is still one of the better point guards at being able to score and pass the ball without being turning the ball over so much. While Dragic won’t make any All-Star games anytime soon, he is a legitimate starting point guard who will do whatever it takes to win alongside Luka and Kristaps.

All three can score the ball and will be willing to sacrifice each other’s stats to make this team as good as possible. After his time in the league, Dragic will be able to bring a lot of veteran presence in the locker room and also provide solid intangibles on both ends of the court.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/10/17...m-this-season/

No I think you're the one instead who's missing the point (no pun intended).

Our point is Miami needs a point guard. Someone who can spread the floor and setup teammates for easy looks, including allowing Butler to work off the ball. The sum of these ball-handlers is not > 1 really good PG. I would gladly trade Winslow and Waiters , and anything not Bam or Butler for just one proper point.
    In my first post I stated we lack a true offensive creator:

"I could easily see Dragic, Butler, Herro, Waiters or Nunn take on the same role as Winslow at various points in the season, all of them can be the starting/lead ball handler and considering we don't have an elite offensive creator using ball handler by committee with our personnel seems like a smart approach to start the season"

So why wouldn't you think I already know we need a true lead ball handler? I'm trying to figure out what we can do with what we have, and all I said was stop looking at Winslow as the starting "PG" and look at him more like part of a committee since we don't have an elite offensive creator

So until we get that true lead creator using ball handler by committee is a sensible way to start the season...........Unless, I mean, you rather make Winslow the full time lead creator and give him a 30% usage percentage, he did have a 12-to-3 assist-to-turnover ratio today lol

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast