Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He also fits that team better skill wise.

I think Miami needs to try and get a player to "force" his way to Miami. IE: Oladipo says trade me to Miami or lose me in free agency next year.

To do this Miami just has to overachieve this season.
    I have a feeling that player could be beal.

But do we have the cap for Giannis in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Beasted or anyone else, do you have good knowledge of the cap? Iím thinking if we traded for Jrue we would still have enough to sign Giannis as long as Winslow is gone in the deal? Then we can retain Nunn Robinson and Bam with their bird rights by going over the cap.

Jrue/Dragic
    Herro/Nunn
    Butler/Robinson
    Giannis/???
    Bam/Silva
    No we wonít. We would have to add Dragicís contract and add Ryan Andersonís $5 million. U all need to just enjoy this team as it is and stop trying to trade for every name that comes out. 🤦🏽*♂️

I have a feeling that player could be beal.

But do we have the cap for Giannis in this scenario?
    Beal has a long term contract. He can't demand a trade, he has no leverage.

Oladipo or another player with 1 or 2 years remaining is the target.

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    No we wonít. We would have to add Dragicís contract and add Ryan Andersonís $5 million. U all need to just enjoy this team as it is and stop trying to trade for every name that comes out. 🤦🏽*♂️
    I do believe Pat is going to make a trade, but I can't truly point my finger on who...?

I don't even think about Beal anymore. He decided his future, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

PG did, Beal definitely could. I donít think it would be until the end of next season though, which would actually be perfect timing if itís after FA.

Iím really interested to see how Oladipo comes back because heís definitely a possibility. So much so that the Pacers are nervous heís coming here already.

PG did, Beal definitely could. I donít think it would be until the end of next season though, which would actually be perfect timing if itís after FA.

Iím really interested to see how Oladipo comes back because heís definitely a possibility. So much so that the Pacers are nervous heís coming here already.
    Do you see what Clippers gave up for a fully extended PG? We don't need to give up all that for Beal when we have Herro. Just like we don't really need Oladipo either, he's a SG.

Herro is clearly the future at starting SG. And for the time being, Jimmy is the SF.

This is why I tell everyone obsessed with 2021, we're basically waiting on 1 player. It's 1 player who's instantly make us favorites, but nonetheless you can't put 2 years in hold for that.

Do you see what Clippers gave up for a fully extended PG? We don't need to give up all that for Beal when we have Herro. Just like we don't really need Oladipo either, he's a SG.

Herro is clearly the future at starting SG. And for the time being, Jimmy is the SF.

This is why I tell everyone obsessed with 2021, we're basically waiting on 1 player. It's 1 player who's instantly make us favorites, but nonetheless you can't put 2 years in hold for that.
    Yeah that's the problem with the Giannis dreams. It would be incredible, and pairing him with Herro and Bam (and hopefully Justise but we dont need to have that fight ) who will be entering their primes, that would be spectacular. But, that would be at the expense of Jimmy. He's already 30 and has a lot of tread on those tires. He'll still be a key contributor that season but we're in his prime right now, and if we can put something together before that offseason to go and win a title, it would be hard to pass up on.

Well Iím seeing us linked to Love ok twitter from some Heat ďinsidersĒ along with Brooklyn portland pacers Mavs and bucks. Would be shocked if this is true. I mean the only way taking love even makes sense is if we have another win now move in play to bring in another star along with him. Thatís the only way using 2021 cap makes any sense.

Miami Herald Logo
    mcclatchydc Logo

SKIP TO CONTENT
    Miami Herald LogoDid Washington guard Bradley Beal consider Heat before signing extension? He answers | Miami Herald
    Search
    SUBMIT

BARRY JACKSON
    Sports Buzz
    Did Washington guard Bradley Beal consider Heat before signing extension? He answers
    BY BARRY JACKSON
    DECEMBER 09, 2019 07:06 PM
    New York Knicks forward RJ Barrett (9) defends Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal (3) during the first half of a preseason game on Oct. 11.
    New York Knicks forward RJ Barrett (9) defends Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal (3) during the first half of a preseason game on Oct. 11. KATHY WILLENS AP
    Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal - one of the players the Heat has coveted in trade machinations this year and was eyeing in free agency down the road -indicated Friday that he believes the Heat is one of the best run organizations in the NBA.

But that high regard for the Heat ultimately wasnít enough to compel him to bypass a two-year, $72 million contract extension that he signed with the Wizards in October. The Heat was prepared to pursue Beal - among others - in 2021 free agency if he hadnít signed that extension.

In an interview with The Miami Herald at his locker after the Heatís home win against Washington on Friday, Beal was asked if he considered a potential future with the Heat before signing that contract extension with the Wizards that binds him to Washington through 2021-22, with a player option for 2022-23.

TOP ARTICLES

00:14 / 00:15

Marlins sign former Yankees prospect to
    minor-league deal with spring training invite

ďYes and no,Ē Beal said. ďIíve heard it but I didnít really sit and really dissect everything. It was more or less trying to figure out what I was wanted to do here, what our situation was here because everything was up in the air, in a cloud, so I couldnít make a decision based off uncertainty or make a rash decision just because it was a little cloudy.

Subscribe and Save
    Act now to get a full year of unlimited digital access Ė just $49.99!

VIEW OFFER
    ďOnce everything cleared up, we got our GM [Tommy Sheppard], we got our staff. We were able to sit down and discuss our future. Thatís why Iím still here.

ďIt [the Heat] was a consideration but it wasnít like, ĎOh man, itís like one of my destinations.í It was noise I was hearing.Ē

Was the Heat a consideration before his decision to sign an extension because of that noise surrounding the Heat or because he has great respect for the Heat?

ďItís both; itís both,Ē Beal said. ďThis [Heat] organization is by far one of the best run in the league. What you hear from Pat Riley on down, from how coach Spo [Erik Spoelstra] is one of the best coaches in the league. You see the high character guys who come in and out. Having several championships here. Itís a championship caliber organization so you have to respect it.Ē

Beal, congenial and accommodating by nature, smiled when I mentioned perhaps he could end up here one day, though I would read nothing into that smile.

For now, heís committed to Washington. Miami likely has addressed shooting guard longterm with Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn, though I would by no means rule out a future pursuit of Beal or Indiana guard/potential 2021 free agent Victor Oladipo.

When free agency comes in 2021, the Heat is expected to target Milwaukee forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, with Oladipo among others also expected to be on Miamiís radar.

But a Beal-to-Miami scenario will remain a possibility as long as heís playing at a high level and because of the Heatís high regard for him.

If he grows unhappy with the Wizardsí rebuilding program - and to this point, he has not - he could ask for a trade next season, and Miami assuredly would explore it, though giving up Herro would be very, very difficult if Herro continues to play as well as he has the past two games.

Because of Jimmy Butlerís ball-handling skills and Herroís improvement in that area, a Butler/Beal/Herro wing trio could work.

The earliest Beal can become a free agent is the summer of 2022, if he bypasses a $37.3 million player option for 2022-23.

Heís earning $27.1 million this season and will make $28.8 million next season and $34.5 million in 2021-22.

Before he signed the contract extension, every tweet by Beal - whether it had to do with his alma mater UF or music or any other topic - was followed by tweets from Heat fans imploring him to come to the Heat.

Do those types of comments help or hurt the Heatís chances or have no impact?

ďItís interesting,Ē Beal said. ďI embrace it in a way because itís a sign people want me and youíre good in a way. I regard it as high respect and I am appreciative of it. But I donít give it all my energy and I donít let it concern me.Ē

Beal, 26, ranks fifth in the NBA in scoring at 28.0 points per game to go with 7.0 assists and 4.5 rebounds, while shooting 45.3 percent from the field and 34.3 percent on three-pointers.

Beal has played more minutes than any other NBA player in the last two regular seasons and was the only player to have started all 82 games in both of those seasons. This season, he has started all 22 games for the Wizards, who are 8-15.

Hereís my Monday Dolphins piece explaining why Taco Charlton was a healthy scratch Sunday and lots of other personnel notes.

Hereís my Monday Dolphins piece on where things stand with rookie third-round pick Michael Deiter, who was removed from the starting lineup Sunday.

Profile Image of Barry Jackson
    BARRY JACKSON
    305-376-3491
    Barry Jackson has written for the Miami Herald since 1986 and has written the Florida Sports Buzz column since 2002.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...#storylink=cpy

Thanks beasted!!

I have a hard time believing weíre interested in Love but if we are we better go ahead and make as many all in moves as we can.

Get Love, then trade for one of Jrue, Lowry, or CP3

Then use our first round pick on someone like JJ Redick or Marcus Morris, someone who can shoot the lights out and add depth.

Well Iím seeing us linked to Love ok twitter from some Heat ďinsidersĒ along with Brooklyn portland pacers Mavs and bucks. Would be shocked if this is true. I mean the only way taking love even makes sense is if we have another win now move in play to bring in another star along with him. Thatís the only way using 2021 cap makes any sense.
    From the @str8_rich guy? I wouldn't believe a word that moron says lol

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    From the @str8_rich guy? I wouldn't believe a word that moron says lol
    Haha yes and I honestly canít stand the dude, heís a **** but heís been right about quite a bit. I also saw it from this @clutchNBA_ THats always interacting with the Miami beat writers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=v7mkal7

With a 1st going to the pelicans. You have to go all in if you trade for Love but also be smart about the future and keep Bam and Herro.

Jrue/Dragic
    Reddick/Herro
    Jimmy/Robinson
    Love/DJJ
    Bam/Silva

Cap relief and a young project for Love, they can have DJJ too if they want.

ROY candidate, Winslow who David Griffin loves and already tried to get, a 1st and filler but solid players to the pelicans.

Am I getting better, does this trade make us legit contenders?

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast