Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1620
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    At this point I'd take that goofball Whiteside over nothing else.
    I'd probably check out Dewayne Dedmon before I'd give Whiteside a call

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I'd probably check out Dewayne Dedmon before I'd give Whiteside a call
    Neither stand any chance against Embiid, Howard, Jordan, etc. anyway.

I think Whiteside offers more because of his rebounding advantage, and some limited familiarity with the staff and system.

But will not be surprised one bit if Miami adds nobody. SMH.

How about Jabari Parker dude is only 26 shoots almost 50% from the field seems like a perfect fit at PF

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    How about Jabari Parker dude is only 26 shoots almost 50% from the field seems like a perfect fit at PF
    I've thought the same, but I just don't think he's on their radar at all. It's likely because of stuff like this even if this was 3 years ago:

The newest Bulls forward was asked straight-up if he could be as good a defender one day as he is a scorer.

"Well, I donít know I just stick to my strengths. Look at everybody in the league. They donít pay players to play defense."

He ranked 79th out of 84 NBA power forwards last season with a defensive real plus-minus of -1.7. The only players behind him were Zach Randolph, Ryan Anderson, Frank Kaminsky, Bobby Portis and T.J. Leaf.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/19/1...ba-free-agency

Neither stand any chance against Embiid, Howard, Jordan, etc. anyway.

I think Whiteside offers more because of his rebounding advantage, and some limited familiarity with the staff and system.
    I mean during the Bucks series last year, a team that had size, Olynyk who was our backup big only played 12.6 min per game and vs the Lakers we basically forced them to play smaller and play Dwight Howard off the court

I think they're OK playing Bjelica Olynyk's min and trusting our defensive versatility to win out, whether that's the right or wrong thing to do is a different question

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I mean during the Bucks series last year, a team that had size, Olynyk who was our backup big only played 12.6 min per game and vs the Lakers we basically forced them to play smaller and play Dwight Howard off the court

I think they're OK playing Bjelica Olynyk's min and trusting our defensive versatility to win out, whether that's the right or wrong thing to do is a different question
    Yeah, I agree that Miami is only going to play Bam and MAYBE one other traditional big. If Miami is going to add someone it has to be someone that Spo will trust to play otherwise they'll rot on the bench.

If Marc Gasol somehow shakes loose, maybe somebody like that takes Bjelica's spot in the rotation. Otherwise, you're right, it's useless scraping the bottom of the barrel. For example, even if they add Dedmond, we know Spo will rather play Iggy/Ariza at the 5 come playoff time. I honestly believe that holds true for Bjelica also. He will be dropped when it counts.

Yeah, I agree that Miami is only going to play Bam and MAYBE one other traditional big. If Miami is going to add someone it has to be someone that Spo will trust to play otherwise they'll rot on the bench.

If Marc Gasol somehow shakes loose, maybe somebody like that takes Bjelica's spot in the rotation. Otherwise, you're right, it's useless scraping the bottom of the barrel. For example, even if they add Dedmond, we know Spo will rather play Iggy/Ariza at the 5 come playoff time. I honestly believe that holds true for Bjelica also. He will be dropped when it counts.
    Now Gasol would be interesting, sucks that Drummond got hurt but it does sound like Gasol is frustrated

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure we HAVE to sign someone anyways since we currently have 13 official roster spots filled and I think the league min is 14, but yeah even if we sign Dedmon, come playoff time Iggy probably will get those min at 5 since I think he got a bunch of min at the 5 last postseason too, and thankfully we're giving Iggy more rest days, he was playing way too much

Like what I see from Bjelica with Dragic and Herro honestly Bjelica might be the biggest offensive piece they got at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Like what I see from Bjelica with Dragic and Herro honestly Bjelica might be the biggest offensive piece they got at the deadline
    Bjelica's passing is pretty good, it does fill the void left by Olynyk's playmaking, once these new guys get in better shape our offense should be a lot better than what it was at the start of the season

Isn't it totally crazy the other day that I forgot Precious, and Bjelica were even on the team? A couple weeks earlier those were all we had.

Ariza and Dedmond came in after not playing for months and have WAAAAAY better play than young guys who are supposed to be in peak shape.

Riley has a lot of work to do in the summer getting better role players. KZ, Precious, Harkless, Bradley, Bjelica, and Vincent have been trash. Strus is the only guy capable of being a solid 3rd stringer.

Isn't it totally crazy the other day that I forgot Precious, and Bjelica were even on the team? A couple weeks earlier those were all we had.

Ariza and Dedmond came in after not playing for months and have WAAAAAY better play than young guys who are supposed to be in peak shape.

Riley has a lot of work to do in the summer getting better role players. KZ, Precious, Harkless, Bradley, Bjelica, and Vincent have been trash. Strus is the only guy capable of being a solid 3rd stringer.
    I know what I'm about to say is a little hindsight-y but I wish we would've kept all those 2nd round picks we traded up to get Okpala (I think we traded 3 second rounders) and moved up one spot from 20 to 19 in this past draft to get Saddiq Bey

I'm pretty sure me and you were high on Bey and thought he could fill the Crowder role, unless Okpala or Precious develop into a suitable rotational player then it looks like Pat went with the "upside" play over the guys who can actually play basketball

I haven't watched much basketball this season...

But if Miami can land Kawhi that would be a start to over take the Nets and Miami beating the Lakers in the future.

Nets would still be a little too much for them still.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I haven't watched much basketball this season...

But if Miami can land Kawhi that would be a start to over take the Nets and Miami beating the Lakers in the future.

Nets would still be a little too much for them still.
    I've been clinging to the Kawhi to Miami pipe dream for a while now.....even though it's a long shot you can't rule that out as a possibility especially if LAC loses in the first round (GO DALLAS!!!)

Also Kawhi is unpredictable, who the heck knows what he's thinking, AD signed a 5yr deal with LAL, Lebron signed an extension and Paul George signed an extension so it's only fair to speculate since Kawhi was the only one out of the 4 big LA stars not to sign

Bam = Not who I thought he would be.

You canít a max player without being an offensive threat in this day and age. He single-handedly is handicapping our offense. He touches the ball and it becomes a 4 vs 5 on offense. Everyone and their mother know he is going to pass the ball. Not how you win playoff ball.