Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1619
  1. #1516
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,932
    Rather have LaVine than Beal as crazy as that sounds I would pass on Oladipo to...all his box scores are like 7-22 not much else I mean why not just keep Nunn keep the assets

  2. #1517
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Rather have LaVine than Beal as crazy as that sounds I would pass on Oladipo to...all his box scores are like 7-22 not much else I mean why not just keep Nunn keep the assets
    I don't think we have the assets to go after guys like Beal or especially Lavine even though Beal is probably someone we all desperately want

    I'm pretty sure we owe our 2021 pick to OKC, our 2023 pick to OKC and unfortunately that 2023 pick has protections lasting a couple years meaning we're in a tough bind trading any of our 1st round picks, I think we only have one available 1st round pick to trade......I think lol

    That's why Oladipo makes the most sense since he's an expiring contract and has made it known his want to come to Miami, we can potentially get him for fair value

    And it's not really fair to judge Oladpio off his stint in Houston where he's trying to stuff the stat sheet to make his box score numbers look fatter for free agency, in his 9 games with a team trying to win (aka Indy) 20 pts, 5.7 reb, 4.2 ast, 42% from floor and 36% from 3 while playing good defense

    I think the most important thing about Oladpio is does he look healthy since that quad injury considering he looked barley there last season, and so far he's looked the best since his injury

    I know Oladpio isn't anyone's first choice to come to Miami, heck, I don't even know if he's anyone's third choice but due to our limited assets to trade we might not have many options that are realistically better

  3. #1518
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade package idea

    Miami Heat receive: Bradley Beal
    Washington Wizards receive: Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk, Kendrick Nunn, 2022 1st round pick, 2025 1st round pick and 2027 1st round pick

    Beal in Miami with Bam and Butler and those boys...you could have something in Miami
    While you are at it , include 3 of our championships and Dwyane Wade's legacy for GOAT Beal. GTFO man.

  4. #1519
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,838
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    while you are at it , include 3 of our championships and dwyane wade's legacy for goat beal. Gtfo man.
    lmao!

  5. #1520
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,932
    Everyone loves Beal ya he scores 47 and is frustrated by losing. I'd be frustrated being his teammate because he took 40 shots to get it. How does that happen in a team game thats crazy to me

  6. #1521
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,838
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Everyone loves Beal ya he scores 47 and is frustrated by losing. I'd be frustrated being his teammate because he took 40 shots to get it. How does that happen in a team game thats crazy to me
    I agree with the idea Beal is overrated. When Wade was scoring 30 a night and carrying bums from 07-09 Miami was a 4-5th seed. When Beal is doing it his team is the worst in the league.

    Not saying that he's a bad player, I'm saying any sort of scenario where you're giving up 3 firsts and young talent is way too much.

  7. #1522
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I agree with the idea Beal is overrated. When Wade was scoring 30 a night and carrying bums from 07-09 Miami was a 4-5th seed. When Beal is doing it his team is the worst in the league.

    Not saying that he's a bad player, I'm saying any sort of scenario where you're giving up 3 firsts and young talent is way too much.
    One of the things that irritate me about Wade's career is that he never made a first team all-defensive, Wade would have to be the leading scorer, leading playmaker, get to the line 10 times a game AND play amazing all-around defense

    It's tough carrying a team to the playoffs........Beal is a great scorer and offensive machine but is not the two-way player he needs to be to carry a team

    After watching last nights game we could use more two-way players lol

  8. #1523
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,575
    There are oceans between Wade and Beal. I would love to get Beal for the right deal and he would be a great fit for us but he is nowhere near Wade. Wade was all about leadership, winning, and being clutch. Very few ever had his intangibles on both ends and off the floor.

  9. #1524
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Watching Saddiq Bey play well for Detroit hurts my inner soul

  10. #1525
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,932
    Ok this is officially the worst Heat team I've ever seen they are straight garbage see y'all next year

  11. #1526
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Ok this is officially the worst Heat team I've ever seen they are straight garbage see y'all next year
    Annnnd we don't have our pick this year.....so.....congratulations OKC!

  12. #1527
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,838
    Yes, this team is really flawed. They can't get stops when it matters and can't score when it matters either.

    I don't see any free agent that magically fixes this over the summer. Miami might want to consider trading Duncan at the deadline for a more controllable salary too. People might laugh, but I'd do Duncan for Terrence Ross. Even with him being older, he's locked at $12M for two more years. Something like that.

  13. #1528
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yes, this team is really flawed. They can't get stops when it matters and can't score when it matters either.

    I don't see any free agent that magically fixes this over the summer. Miami might want to consider trading Duncan at the deadline for a more controllable salary too. People might laugh, but I'd do Duncan for Terrence Ross. Even with him being older, he's locked at $12M for two more years. Something like that.
    Duncan seems to be the most likely candidate to be traded by the deadline...I think Lonzo Ball's name has been floated for a bit too

    I think it be interesting if we traded Olynyk/Duncan for Ball and then hopefully the Pistons buyout Blake Griffin, and then we entice Griffin with a starting role and major playing time, and then maybe flip Nunn (and/or Okpala) for a wing like Josh Jackson, Kenrich Williams, Jae'Sean Tate

    Ball/Dragic
    Herro/Bradley
    Butler/(wing we trade for)
    Blake/Iggy
    Bam/Precious

    Don't know how much I like this scenario but something has to happen

  14. #1529
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,932
    Blake would make the team worse Lonzo Ball would be nice he would naturally push the pace few more easy buckets and his perimeter defense is amongst the best in the league

  15. #1530
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Blake would make the team worse Lonzo Ball would be nice he would naturally push the pace few more easy buckets and his perimeter defense is amongst the best in the league
    I'm not the hugest fan of Blake either but in my scenario we trade away Olynyk so we'll be in dire straits for a PF that can play up one position, Blake would also be cheap so if he doesn't mesh with the team we can cut him

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •