Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Lowry is far better than Dragic.
    I'd actually take Dragic over Lowry on offense but not by much. However Lowry is a far better hustle player and defender.
    Unless the Raptors decide to blow it up and build around FVV and Pascal and sort of start fresh. Because Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka are all on the wrong side of 30.
    Think they keep trying to compete...
    Like I mentioned before, teams that are in the 1-7 seed aren't going to sell. They're going to compete and do it for their fanbase and hope they over achieve a little and get into next round or conference finals etc. Lots of money to be made in playoffs with TV deal and merch and ticket sales.

OKC actually has the best starting lineup net rating in the league. Curious to see what they decide to do since it seems they'll make the playoffs. Presti is the man.

Need to chase players on losing teams or teams wanting to rebuild and not wanting to lose a player for nothing in the offseason. Pelicans actually want to BUY a veteran and see what their full lineup can do wit Favors, Zion, JJ, Jrue and new player etc. Really think we need to focus on someone from the Spurs or a PF from the Knicks.
    BRUH

Yeah its coming no doubt. Only question is can we expect any big move for this season or is it going to happen in the next one

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    Yeah its coming no doubt. Only question is can we expect any big move for this season or is it going to happen in the next one
    If they decide to make a move this season or next just donít let it effect 2021 cap space, I want a shot at Giannis. In the meantime it would help to have a team that can win the East that Giannis canít get by and win a championship because he isnít leaving if he wins. We have 2 all stars, I think Pats goal is 4 by 2021

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    If they decide to make a move this season or next just donít let it effect 2021 cap space, I want a shot at Giannis. In the meantime it would help to have a team that can win the East that Giannis canít get by and win a championship because he isnít leaving if he wins. We have 2 all stars, I think Pats goal is 4 by 2021

We knew Miami was planning something, it's just who are they targeting?

If they can not pull anything off this season, that means Beal is back in play. But all these teams wants us to include Herro, so I don't know how a deal gets done, until these players become free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    We knew Miami was planning something, it's just who are they targeting?

If they can not pull anything off this season, that means Beal is back in play. But all these teams wants us to include Herro, so I don't know how a deal gets done, until these players become free agents.
    Theyíre a not going to make a move that ruins 2021 free agency unless it guarantees a ring. Giannis is who theyíre targeting.

Theyíre a not going to make a move that ruins 2021 free agency unless it guarantees a ring. Giannis is who theyíre targeting.
    If they are trying to build another super team, that means Pat is targeting other star players beside Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Much to the dismay of all of us, just think it's so much more likely we make a trade this time next year or in next years off season heading into 2021. Waiters, KO and JJ will be on expiring deals and some might actually carry some value. We will have worked new deals for Dragic and DJJ. Meyers will be gone. Winslow is our biggest trade chip and he's been out basically all year, his value can't be that high.

It'll be easier to try trade for a guy like Jrue (if Pelicans fall apart) or Lowry (if Raps decide to rebuild) or Giannis (if Bucks once again don't win) etc. We will have a better idea just how valuable guys like Duncan and Nunn really are. If something happens now, I really doubt it's for more than a RoCo/Dieng for Meyers/Waiters/2nd round pick type deal. Doing a deal like that makes us better now but then we'd have to find a way to split Dragic's salary that comes off the books between Dragic resigning and keeping DJJ or risk losing one of them. At least Chris Silva will finally be able to actually practice with us. He could take Meyers spot in rotation eventually, cause Meyers on defense and rebounding is a joke.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    If they are trying to build another super team, that means Pat is targeting other star players beside Giannis.
    Maybe so but I think heíd like that cap space for giannis in 2021 then trade for a star. We were able to pull off Jimmy this year without cap space but it took a lot of maneuvering so itís either if we just go in with the open money.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Much to the dismay of all of us, just think it's so much more likely we make a trade this time next year or in next years off season heading into 2021. Waiters, KO and JJ will be on expiring deals and some might actually carry some value. We will have worked new deals for Dragic and DJJ. Meyers will be gone. Winslow is our biggest trade chip and he's been out basically all year, his value can't be that high.

It'll be easier to try trade for a guy like Jrue (if Pelicans fall apart) or Lowry (if Raps decide to rebuild) or Giannis (if Bucks once again don't win) etc. We will have a better idea just how valuable guys like Duncan and Nunn really are. If something happens now, I really doubt it's for more than a RoCo/Dieng for Meyers/Waiters/2nd round pick type deal. Doing a deal like that makes us better now but then we'd have to find a way to split Dragic's salary that comes off the books between Dragic resigning and keeping DJJ or risk losing one of them. At least Chris Silva will finally be able to actually practice with us. He could take Meyers spot in rotation eventually, cause Meyers on defense and rebounding is a joke.
    Iím fine with staying put and letting guys develop. I would love to get Covington and Dieng and made a deal in the trade machine I posted here the other day but no chance they accept Meyers waiters and a 2nd. It would probably be Winslow Nunn and one more guy for filler but Iíd love it. Our defense and even shooting would getting better, especially defense with how great Covington is on that end. Winslow would be great but he canít stay healthy and it just hasnít worked out, might be time for both sides to move on.

Woah, Winslow and Nunn for RoCo and Dieng? Wolves were literally trying so hard to get rid of Dieng last year they were trying to attach a 2nd rounder to him and still no one wanted him. If they could get Meyers on an expiring and get rid of 2 years of Dieng and get a younger Winslow instead of RoCo I think they def take it. They'd have yet another young player with KAT and Wiggins and more cap space. I think they'd absolutely do it. Would we do that is the better question.

This is a Q and A from the Sun Sentinel and it's my thoughts exactly about how we won't be too active if at all in the trade market right now:

Q: Well, now the last big day of importance is over with the deadline for two-way contracts having passed, and the final deck is shuffled. Now it's until the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline and all the teams will hit a new gear. Will Pat Riley jump to get ahead of the curve or lay back and wait for the bargain table? -- Skip, Tampa.

A: The bargain table will actually be the March 1 buyout deadline, the last day players must be waived in order to have playoff eligibility elsewhere. At the moment, the Heat would not have the funding for such a signing, even at the minimum, which is another element of instead signing Chris Silva. With Justise Winslow in limbo, I'm not sure what the Heat would have to offer in terms of assets, when also considering that they cannot put a first-round pick into play. Would dealing Goran Dragic provide anything more than what Goran currently is providing? Can James Johnson's stock be rehabilitated by the deadline? Can Derrick Jones Jr. be expendable? It just doesn't appear as if there is much to serve as a starting point. And that's the rub with Winslow, that he is neither healthy enough to play or to market. At this point, it's almost as if it would take a team with some irrational desire for Kelly Olynyk.

Complete article here
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...qee-story.html
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Woah, Winslow and Nunn for RoCo and Dieng? Wolves were literally trying so hard to get rid of Dieng last year they were trying to attach a 2nd rounder to him and still no one wanted him. If they could get Meyers on an expiring and get rid of 2 years of Dieng and get a younger Winslow instead of RoCo I think they def take it. They'd have yet another young player with KAT and Wiggins and more cap space. I think they'd absolutely do it. Would we do that is the better question.

This is a Q and A from the Sun Sentinel and it's my thoughts exactly about how we won't be too active if at all in the trade market right now:

Q: Well, now the last big day of importance is over with the deadline for two-way contracts having passed, and the final deck is shuffled. Now it's until the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline and all the teams will hit a new gear. Will Pat Riley jump to get ahead of the curve or lay back and wait for the bargain table? -- Skip, Tampa.

A: The bargain table will actually be the March 1 buyout deadline, the last day players must be waived in order to have playoff eligibility elsewhere. At the moment, the Heat would not have the funding for such a signing, even at the minimum, which is another element of instead signing Chris Silva. With Justise Winslow in limbo, I'm not sure what the Heat would have to offer in terms of assets, when also considering that they cannot put a first-round pick into play. Would dealing Goran Dragic provide anything more than what Goran currently is providing? Can James Johnson's stock be rehabilitated by the deadline? Can Derrick Jones Jr. be expendable? It just doesn't appear as if there is much to serve as a starting point. And that's the rub with Winslow, that he is neither healthy enough to play or to market. At this point, it's almost as if it would take a team with some irrational desire for Kelly Olynyk.

Complete article here
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...qee-story.html
    Oh did you mean Winslow in the post I last replied to? You said waiters, thatís not too bad then although I donít think we have a 2nd rounder to trade. Idk why they want out of Dieng honestly, good defender, rebounder, and shoots the 3 really good now, he would start here. I threw Nunn in because Winslow is always injured so they might not want him but Iíd love to keep Nunn if possible as I think having his bird rights as well as Robinson Bam and herros is huge for our future depth.

That Covington contract is great and heís arguably the best perimeter defender in the league and can shoot it. If we were to get him whoís starting spot does he take, Nunn or Robinson?

Jimmy/Dragic
    Robinson/Nunn
    Covington/Herro
    Bam/DJJ/JJ
    Dieng/KO

Or

Nunn/Dragic
    Jimmy/Herro
    Covington/Robinson
    Bam/DJJ/JJ
    Dieng/KO/Silva

We have a depth problem still, maybe DJJ thrown in for sweetener since we donít have a 2nd I believe and would rather not trade a 1st?

Iíd love to get those 2 guys in here though, I think our offense and defense improves especially because we have a group of guys that feed off defensive energy which helps us on the offensive end imo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=thjw4nz

I wonder if Minnesota would do this?

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast