Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,531 to 1,539 of 1539
    The*Miami Heat*have been granted a $4.7 million*disabled-player exception*by the NBA for the season-ending shoulder surgery for center Meyers Leonard. The*exception*can be used to add a*player*whose contract expires at the end of this season, either in a trade or in free agency, such as on the buyout market.
    Via Sun Sentinel

Do you guys think this has any use? Unless someone takes a huge buyout, I don't see the use.

Players who give up huge money wouldn't join a middle pack team.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Via Sun Sentinel

Do you guys think this has any use? Unless someone takes a huge buyout, I don't see the use.

Players who give up huge money wouldn't join a middle pack team.
    I do think the $4.7 million exception can give us a leg up on the buyout market but we really need to keep stringing these wins along to showcase our playoff potential to possible buyout candidates since we've been so bad for most of the season

Hopefully, a Trevor Ariza can look at our situation as attractive:
    ~ They're playing better
    ~ They're getting healthy
    ~ I'm going to make more $$$
    ~ I have a plug-and-play role (aka the Jae Crowder role)
    ~ I'm going to get 30 min per

I just think it's going to depend on if we can consistently play well and get healthy

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I do think the $4.7 million exception can give us a leg up on the buyout market but we really need to keep stringing these wins along to showcase our playoff potential to possible buyout candidates since we've been so bad for most of the season

Hopefully, a Trevor Ariza can look at our situation as attractive:
    ~ They're playing better
    ~ They're getting healthy
    ~ I'm going to make more $$$
    ~ I have a plug-and-play role (aka the Jae Crowder role)
    ~ I'm going to get 30 min per

I just think it's going to depend on if we can consistently play well and get healthy
    Although I thought Ariza was a good target at the beginning of the season, he has been at home collecting a check, and likely refusing a big buyout give-back.

Using your scenario... The idea of him then coming in out of sync and wanting more than the minimum just seems like a trap. Seems like a final cash grab for someone who might not provide very much.

Although I thought Ariza was a good target at the beginning of the season, he has been at home collecting a check, and likely refusing a big buyout give-back.

Using your scenario... The idea of him then coming in out of sync and wanting more than the minimum just seems like a trap. Seems like a final cash grab for someone who might not provide very much.
    You could be right about Ariza, I think I read he's been out for personal reasons something to deal with his family, so unless he has his family situation dealt with then I doubt he comes back

But if he resolves his family issue, has his head in the game and is ready to make his return then I don't see why we shouldn't go after him......also, he was recently spotted working out in Miami but everyone works out in Miami tho lol

The Jae Crowder role is a glaring weakness of this team and if we can sign the version of Ariza who played with Portland last year then that would be a game changer, it's not like signing him would bring us over the tax either and we'd have to cut Harkless/Silva to make a roster spot

You could be right about Ariza, I think I read he's been out for personal reasons something to deal with his family, so unless he has his family situation dealt with then I doubt he comes back

But if he resolves his family issue, has his head in the game and is ready to make his return then I don't see why we shouldn't go after him......also, he was recently spotted working out in Miami but everyone works out in Miami tho lol

The Jae Crowder role is a glaring weakness of this team and if we can sign the version of Ariza who played with Portland last year then that would be a game changer, it's not like signing him would bring us over the tax either and we'd have to cut Harkless/Silva to make a roster spot
    I'd rather the ghost of Ariza than watch another minute of Harkless play.

Thaddeus Young should be the target and if they aren't paying Duncan this offseason get something for him now

I'd rather the ghost of Ariza than watch another minute of Harkless play.
    hahahahaha very much agree

Sooooooooooo this season has been one big roller coaster ride

Sooooooooooo this season has been one big roller coaster ride
    Definitely. Glad they're back to .500. We still need another piece (3&D PF) and some luck with health before I feel confident we can grab and hold on to the 4th seed.