Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 331 to 339 of 339
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,523
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    It's going to be tough to win ROY when guys like Zion and Morant are probably going to be putting up pretty impressive stat sheets....I think 2nd team all-rookie is more realistic for Herro

    On a side note:

    We just signed one of my 2017 irrational draft crush's in Davon Reed...For most of his NBA career he's either been hurt or putting up sub-par performances in the g-league

    I thought he had a chance to be a poor man's Danny Green, like a decent 3-and-D wing, maybe still does...we've had a lot of success in our player development system so I'm interested to see if he gets a two-way player spot
    Man, people are really sipping the Homerade already.

    Herro has zero chance at ROY. I feel he also has no chance of even starting in the Rookie vs Sophomore game. He may not end up getting an invite.

    He's still a player with short arms and no explosive ability. I see him having a Luke Kennard type rookie season. That would be a solid season. But if you can't tell, I've still not come around on him and still feel he has low potential.

    Trust it, I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Man, people are really sipping the Homerade already.

    Herro has zero chance at ROY. I feel he also has no chance of even starting in the Rookie vs Sophomore game. He may not end up getting an invite.

    He's still a player with short arms and no explosive ability. I see him having a Luke Kennard type rookie season. That would be a solid season. But if you can't tell, I've still not come around on him and still feel he has low potential.

    Trust it, I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong.
    Yea, I can see Herro come off the bench and average around 20 min per game and maybe around 8 pts per game....One of the things to monitor will be his defense...we've seen Spo limit a players playing time due to defensive woes, poor defense can really derail a players career....We're going to need his shooting regardless so hopefully he brings a baseline of three point efficiency with adequate defense

    The start of the season is right around the corner so I'm super excited to see our rotations.....does Dragic come off the bench? Will Winslow be the starting PG? Will Bam/Olynyk be the starting frontcourt? Who will be our closing five man lineup?

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,523
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Yea, I can see Herro come off the bench and average around 20 min per game and maybe around 8 pts per game....One of the things to monitor will be his defense...we've seen Spo limit a players playing time due to defensive woes, poor defense can really derail a players career....We're going to need his shooting regardless so hopefully he brings a baseline of three point efficiency with adequate defense

    The start of the season is right around the corner so I'm super excited to see our rotations.....does Dragic come off the bench? Will Winslow be the starting PG? Will Bam/Olynyk be the starting frontcourt? Who will be our closing five man lineup?
    If I were a betting man, I feel the lineup to start the season will be:

    PG: Justise / Dragic
    SG: Waiters / Herro
    SF: Butler / Jones
    PF: Olynk / Johnson
    C:: Bam / Leonard

    Attempting to go with a defensive minded unit. But Waiters and Winslow are the brick brothers, taking turns driving inside and missing layups, both pretending to be PGs with the lack of a true PG in the lineup next to the other.


    Spo will probably test out swapping Winslow for Dragić or Waiters for Herro. But in reality what lineup will work best is probably swapping Waiters for Dragić and going "big" with Butler at the SG:

    PG: Dragić / Waiters
    SG: Butler / Herro
    SF: Winslow / Jones
    PF: Olynk / Johnson
    C:: Bam / Leonard

    What Miami really needs is to find a way to trade for Gallianari (JJ+ Jones?) to play as the stretch 4 PF That's what would make this team intriguing and a possible 2nd round team.

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,651
    Whatever Spo decides... I just want to see this lineup together

    Dragic
    Herro
    Butler
    Djj
    Bam

    & I believe the starting lineup will be.

    Dragic
    Waiters
    Butler
    Bam
    Leonard

    Winslow 6th man







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13,563
    Winslow is going to start. We'll see if it will be at point guard like he (and many Heat fans) wants, but he is going to start.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If I were a betting man, I feel the lineup to start the season will be:

    PG: Justise / Dragic
    SG: Waiters / Herro
    SF: Butler / Jones
    PF: Olynk / Johnson
    C:: Bam / Leonard

    Attempting to go with a defensive minded unit. But Waiters and Winslow are the brick brothers, taking turns driving inside and missing layups, both pretending to be PGs with the lack of a true PG in the lineup next to the other.


    Spo will probably test out swapping Winslow for Dragić or Waiters for Herro. But in reality what lineup will work best is probably swapping Waiters for Dragić and going "big" with Butler at the SG:

    PG: Dragić / Waiters
    SG: Butler / Herro
    SF: Winslow / Jones
    PF: Olynk / Johnson
    C:: Bam / Leonard

    What Miami really needs is to find a way to trade for Gallianari (JJ+ Jones?) to play as the stretch 4 PF That's what would make this team intriguing and a possible 2nd round team.
    Yea Spo tinkers around with the lineups a ton so it's probably going to vary, but if I had to say which lineup starts day one I'd go with either:

    Winslow
    Waiters
    Butler
    Olynyk
    Bam
    ~It's basically our lineup last season (when Dragic was hurt) but replacing JRich for Butler, good defensive lineup like you said and Bam/Olynyk played pretty well together last year

    OR

    Dragic
    Waiters
    Butler
    Winslow
    Bam
    ~Arguably our 4 best ball handlers around Bam, solid offensive/defensive balance.....If DJJ takes a leap this season as a 3-and-D wing then Dragic, Butler, DJJ, Winslow, Bam could be a better lineup

    We might give JJ a bunch of playing time as soon as the season opens to try to balloon his trade value, there's definitely an upgrade still to be made

    It would've been nice if we had Carsen Edwards, Okpala is more of a project while Edwards would've been a perfect backup ball handler...Okpala has more upside due to elite physical frame but having as many players who can break you down off the dribble is just so important to have

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    OR

    Dragic
    Waiters
    Butler
    Winslow
    Bam
    ~Arguably our 4 best ball handlers around Bam, solid offensive/defensive balance.....
    I can see Spo using this lineup. But I honestly don't see why Winslow has to start, with Dragic. One of them can be the 6man, there is nothing wrong with that.

    Both of them will be playing in the last 4min of a game anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    If DJJ takes a leap this season as a 3-and-D wing then Dragic, Butler, DJJ, Winslow, Bam could be a better lineup
    I really like Djj, so him starting is fine with me. i know Waiters will flip though lol

    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    We might give JJ a bunch of playing time as soon as the season opens to try to balloon his trade value, there's definitely an upgrade still to be made
    2-3 players need to be shipped out.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Winslow is going to start. We'll see if it will be at point guard like he (and many Heat fans) wants, but he is going to start.
    This may be sure, but I am just saying he doesn't need to.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,523
    Miami needs rebounding in a bad way. In not even sure BAM at the 5 is enough. We have no offensive rebounding. Whiteside was useful in that regard at least.

    When I hear people suggesting DJJ or Winslow at the PF, I cringe.

    In other news, for whatever stupid reason, Miami still has interest in CP3.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •