Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1679
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Kawhi is off the board with the injury now. He's not leaving his hometown that just advanced to the WCF.

Miami will probably be forced to run it back and simply look to add better fitting supporting players. We really need more size in the lineup along with better shooting. Maybe combine the two with a S&T for Markkanen? Nunn would be a good pickup for his home town Chicago. Miami can also look turn Dragic into other players. If Josh Richardson opts in, offer to take him and Kleber for Dragić in a trade:

Rotation:
    Butler Oladipo Robinson Adebayo Markkanen
    Herro Richardson Kleber

Solid, versatile rotation if healthy. But not showing the star power I'm sure more fans here might want.
    Yeah that's why we needed the Clippers to lose to the Mavs in the first round, the further the Clippers go into the playoffs the less likely the already slim odds we had to get Kawhi shrinks....bummer

Watching the Suns and the Hawks should raise alarms for this front office, both teams are built around 1-2 star players and a deep roster, aka what we had last year but ended up giving it away for a chance at Giannis

Now this postseason you had a bunch of injuries to star players so maybe this is an outlier season but I am highly interested to see if our success last season and the Suns/Hawks success this season becomes a trend

Typically chasing after superstar players is worth hoarding cap space year after year since that's primarily the only way to win, but what if things are changing? What if having a deep team with 1-2 star players and a star closer (Young, Booker, Butler) becomes the new wave into this decade and the 2010's superteams built around 2-3 superstars might be the old way of thinking?

Most likely if all things were healthy this postseason the Nets would be playing the Lakers in the finals so maybe at the end of the day it boils down to superstar players just like it's always been but I do wonder if that lightening in a bottle 2020 postseason run was cut too short due to an old way of thinking by hoarding cap space

With CP3 leading the Suns to the Finals, can't help but remember we had an opportunity to trade for him. Wonder what the package would have looked like at that time? Iggy + Olynyk + make OKC pick unrestricted?

With CP3 leading the Suns to the Finals, can't help but remember we had an opportunity to trade for him. Wonder what the package would have looked like at that time? Iggy + Olynyk + make OKC pick unrestricted?
    The Suns traded Rubio, Oubre, Ty Jerome and a 1st for Paul......I don't think we were matching that (especially since the Thunder flipped Oubre for more picks)

The time to get Paul was with Houston, that was when his value was low enough for us to get a good deal....then hopefully we still had enough assets to make the Iggy/Crowder trade and go into the bubble with:

Paul
    Robinson
    Butler
    Crowder
    Bam

But hey, we have $24-27 millon cap space.........sweet

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    The Suns traded Rubio, Oubre, Ty Jerome and a 1st for Paul......I don't think we were matching that (especially since the Thunder flipped Oubre for more picks)

The time to get Paul was with Houston, that was when his value was low enough for us to get a good deal....then hopefully we still had enough assets to make the Iggy/Crowder trade and go into the bubble with:

Paul
    Robinson
    Butler
    Crowder
    Bam

But hey, we have $24-27 millon cap space.........sweet
    Ultimately I think Miami is satisfied with the current core and will keep it together. There are no realistic marquee free agents. Lowry is probably going to have many suitors and I don't want them bidding over him.

If Oladipo is healthy and engaged, Herro makes another small step, and Miami adds a high quality forward who can knock down 3s, rebound and defend, this current version of the squad could still do well. They've just really gotta fix that ugly offense.

Would anyone do a Nunn for Kuzma S&T?

Lakers need a PG that can knock down shots, Miami needs better forwards. Kuzma probably also needs a change of scenery.

Ultimately I think Miami is satisfied with the current core and will keep it together. There are no realistic marquee free agents. Lowry is probably going to have many suitors and I don't want them bidding over him.

If Oladipo is healthy and engaged, Herro makes another small step, and Miami adds a high quality forward who can knock down 3s, rebound and defend, this current version of the squad could still do well. They've just really gotta fix that ugly offense.
    If we can sign Lowry AND someone (like Rudy Gay, Danny Green) then I think that works, but the problem is there's a decent amount of teams with cap space so I think someone will drive up the Lowry offer to like $25 million which would basically be ALL our cap space and we clearly have more needs to fill

You could be right and our front office is satisfied with the roster but I just can't imagine them relying on Oladpio to be that secondary creator we need to pair with Jimmy....that's why the Lowry thing works, and I'm not opposed to a Collin Sexton trade for Herro either

The Nunn for Kuzma deal is fine but that's only if we strike out in free agency, doing a sign-and-trade hard caps us so that would be an issue if we wanted to spend money on free agents and use bird rights on Duncan

If we can sign Lowry AND someone (like Rudy Gay, Danny Green) then I think that works, but the problem is there's a decent amount of teams with cap space so I think someone will drive up the Lowry offer to like $25 million which would basically be ALL our cap space and we clearly have more needs to fill

You could be right and our front office is satisfied with the roster but I just can't imagine them relying on Oladpio to be that secondary creator we need to pair with Jimmy....that's why the Lowry thing works, and I'm not opposed to a Collin Sexton trade for Herro either

The Nunn for Kuzma deal is fine but that's only if we strike out in free agency, doing a sign-and-trade hard caps us so that would be an issue if we wanted to spend money on free agents and use bird rights on Duncan
    I find it difficult to imagine Lowry > Oladipo + Dragić from Miami's loyal management team. From my own perspective I don't really think so either. Maybe Lowry provides more impact for 1 season, not more.

I mentioned Herro for Sexton in the main forum, but I don't think Riley would even look into that.

I find it difficult to imagine Lowry > Oladipo + Dragić from Miami's loyal management team. From my own perspective I don't really think so either. Maybe Lowry provides more impact for 1 season, not more.

I mentioned Herro for Sexton in the main forum, but I don't think Riley would even look into that.
    Well the issue with Oladipo is ever since his quad injury he just hasn't stayed healthy, Lowry is still a top tier shot generator, that need should override much everything else, in my opinion at least....and I wouldn't be so sure signing Lowry means no Dragic

Yeah, getting Sexton makes so much sense, he'd be our second shot creator, have a solid foundation for the future with Bam/Sexton, and we would STILL have cap space to go out and sign a wing and a big, bolster our bench

P.S. I don't know why but I'm never in the main forums lol I'm just so used to being in here that I forget about the main, I probably should start checking that out more often

Well the issue with Oladipo is ever since his quad injury he just hasn't stayed healthy, Lowry is still a top tier shot generator, that need should override much everything else, in my opinion at least....and I wouldn't be so sure signing Lowry means no Dragic

Yeah, getting Sexton makes so much sense, he'd be our second shot creator, have a solid foundation for the future with Bam/Sexton, and we would STILL have cap space to go out and sign a wing and a big, bolster our bench

P.S. I don't know why but I'm never in the main forums lol I'm just so used to being in here that I forget about the main, I probably should start checking that out more often
    My concern with Lowry is the window. At 36 the drop off should be very soon if not immediate. Reminds of Nash going to Lakers.

Yes, Oladipo has been injury prone, but he's also like 7 years younger. If the medical staff believes it's not an ongoing concern he's a better choice.

My concern with Lowry is the window. At 36 the drop off should be very soon if not immediate. Reminds of Nash going to Lakers.

Yes, Oladipo has been injury prone, but he's also like 7 years younger. If the medical staff believes it's not an ongoing concern he's a better choice.
    At least for me I'm more worried about Oladpio's injury history then Lowry's decline, it's really gonna depend on what the contract numbers look like too

I still don't like the Lowry move, but it seems like thats going to happen.

Miami needs a star player to just out right come to Miami but I don't believe Kawhi is actually coming.

I would love for Miami to trade for KP & Beal this offseason. Kp the more realistic trade.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

At least for me I'm more worried about Oladpio's injury history then Lowry's decline, it's really gonna depend on what the contract numbers look like too
    If Miami can't do a S&T with Oladpio this offseason, they need to just sign him for a 2yr contract, build up his trade value and if it doesn't workout trade him.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Would anyone do a Nunn for Kuzma S&T?

Lakers need a PG that can knock down shots, Miami needs better forwards. Kuzma probably also needs a change of scenery.
    I don't believe Lakers would do that.

This might be Miami lineup next season, if we can't pull off a trade for Beal or Lillard.

Lowry
    Vic
    Jimmy
    Bam
    Kp

DRob, DeMar, Herro...etc

Solid team but not beating a healthy Nets team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This might be Miami lineup next season, if we can't pull off a trade for Beal or Lillard.

Lowry
    Vic
    Jimmy
    Bam
    Kp

DRob, DeMar, Herro...etc

Solid team but not beating a healthy Nets team.
    Hey, the past two out of three seasons have been largely decided due to injury:

Lebron is attached to injury prone AD
    KD is attached to injury prone Kyrie
    Kawhi is injury prone himself
    Who knows how Klay is gonna look when he comes back
    Murray is coming off an ACL injury
    The Sixers are a mess
    And we probably have the best Giannis defender in the league

We just need to make the right moves this off-season, come back with a competitively viable team, get some breaks that have been happening at a higher rate over the last 3 years and who knows

Even tho the Bucks had injury luck on their side they still made good moves like Bobby Portis, Jrue Holiday, PJ Tucker......so getting the right guys will be key