Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1619
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    And a 4 player superteam is unrealistic capwise. C'mon fellas.
    The plan for Miami was to bring in both Giannis and Oladipo so we could swap Oladipo for someone else if the reports of us not being that interested in him are true. The money stuff is for Andy to figure out but they must have a plan.

It's not easy for me to say Herro is in the deal. But if Giannis wants to be fixed on the Heat and we offer them our garbage, you don't think Bucks will just ride and waste another year of his absolute prime just in spite of it? I mean Herro can't be a deal breaker when it comes to Giannis IMHO.
    But it's how you framed the scenario. You said he will only sign with the HEAT and he's made that known. With that position I also have to take that he's threatening he's willing to forfeit his super max as well and just leave them high and dry. You also gave the option of now or before the deadline. My scenario is more likely in the latter case in a mid-season trade.

So from the Bucks perspective, do you take Nunn, Okpala, and 2 draft picks in a trade, or do you get left empty handed come summer time? What leverage do they have to pry Herro away if he's made it black and white clear they have no alternative? Why would he let Herro get traded away when he's a part of what makes Miami an attractive destination for himself?

I mean I agree, Herro cannot be untouchable when it comes to getting Giannis, but what I'm saying has to make some sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    The plan for Miami was to bring in both Giannis and Oladipo so we could swap Oladipo for someone else if the reports of us not being that interested in him are true. The money stuff is for Andy to figure out but they must have a plan.
    I don't think it's ever been clear that that was the plan to have 4 max players. What's the source?

If anything the logic is this: Trade for a 3rd star now and push comes to shove you can let them walk or trade them to make room for Giannis (or even ideally for Giannis himself).

Example:
    Miami trades Herro and fillers for Beal, even though they know Beal isn't a free agent until summer 2022. You go into this 2020/21 season with a Beal/Jimmy/Bam core hoping to win a title with an improved team. Come the summer time you can still meet with Giannis and basically you let him choose his teammates. Because at that point it's 100% easy to find teams lined up to take Beal, Jimmy or Bam in a trade when needed, it's not a concern at all.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I don't think it's ever been clear that that was the plan to have 4 max players. What's the source?

If anything the logic is this: Trade for a 3rd star now and push comes to shove you can let them walk or trade them to make room for Giannis (or even ideally for Giannis himself).

Example:
    Miami trades Herro and fillers for Beal, even though they know Beal isn't a free agent until summer 2022. You go into this 2020/21 season with a Beal/Jimmy/Bam core hoping to win a title with an improved team. Come the summer time you can still meet with Giannis and basically you let him choose his teammates. Because at that point it's 100% easy to find teams lined up to take Beal, Jimmy or Bam in a trade when needed, it's not a concern at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I'll wait for more than one source to confirm this. Also, going after both and having 4 guys signed to the max are two different things. As you say you're leaving it to Andy and Pat, but I'm just saying from a logical point it's unrealistic.

The last two big 4 teams didn't have 4 guys on a max. On GSW, Curry was far from max, Green was also below. And for Boston, Rondo was on a rookie contract for half the time, then Pierce and Allen took huge discounts. Realistically the cap is setup so it's not possible.

I think a big 3 with Herro being the "potential" 4th is the best course. Jimmy's contract expires by the time Herro is due for a payday, and at 34-35 Jimmy is probably no longer a max caliber player anyhow.

I'll wait for more than one source to confirm this. Also, going after both and having 4 guys signed to the max are two different things. As you say you're leaving it to Andy and Pat, but I'm just saying from a logical point it's unrealistic.

The last two big 4 teams didn't have 4 guys on a max. On GSW, Curry was far from max, Green was also below. And for Boston, Rondo was on a rookie contract for half the time, then Pierce and Allen took huge discounts. Realistically the cap is setup so it's not possible.

I think a big 3 with Herro being the "potential" 4th is the best course. Jimmy's contract expires by the time Herro is due for a payday, and at 34-35 Jimmy is probably no longer a max caliber player anyhow.
    I mean it doesn’t get better than Shams lol, he’s neck and neck with Woj above the rest.

Yea I was also going to mention the same thing about herro

To get Giannis, realistically y'all would have to give up Herro and Duncan Robinson as well as Igoudala and other assets and draft capital and a lot of it

If i were the heat i wont chase giannis instead get two quality players yes giannis is the back to back mvp and right now we dont need another athletic big who cant shoot 3s we already have bam what we need is a stretch big who can rebound and blockshots which the first player comes to my mind is myles turner for me he is a poormans AD. Im all good woth hero as our future starter guard but he needs a younger runningmate and for me its not nunn but deaaron fox which is former teammate of bam and has a star potential goran is getting old and we need to continue our youth movement

Imagine starting line up of
    Turner
    Bam
    Butler
    Hero
    Fox

Bench
    Silva
    Okpla
    Crowder
    Robinson
    Dragic

Trade nunn iggy olynik leonard jones jr 20th pick

This would create a present future of the team when the time jimmy declining bam hero turner and fox hitting their peak and now we need to get a player which will replace jimmy in the near future

Miami don't really need superstars hell look at what they did with Butler, Herro, Bam and Duncan Robinson? Made it all the way to the NBA Finals with just 1 All Star well 2 All Stars if you count Bam but still Tyler Herro basically is a superstar in the making but if they just add another stretch big then I think they will be fine especially if they add someone like you mentioned Myles Turner, Jerami Grant or Paul Millsap

According to Jonathan Givony of ESPN, the Miami Heat have*been more active than any team*at attempting to move their pick.

https://allucanheat.com/2020/11/10/m...ing-pick-told/

I get that it's a weaker draft, but this will annoy me unless they trade the pick for a future 1st.

I don't mind them moving the pick for a future 1st if they do not like what they see. We have enough young guns on this team. Kz Okpala is basically our draft project for this year.

I don't mind them moving the pick for a future 1st if they do not like what they see. We have enough young guns on this team. Kz Okpala is basically our draft project for this year.
    Or they decide to go with Poku instead

I actually predict something a bit more underwhelming like trading for 2 second-rounders.

I actually predict something a bit more underwhelming like trading for 2 second-rounders.
    That's a big NO from me.

Anyone wants to make a play for 31 year old Harden. You guys think our culture can change his attitude towards the game?

Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast