Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1618
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    That would be the most idiotic trade the team could make because:
    1) He could be a 1 yr rental and leave to the Lakers or elsewhere
    2) His cap hold alone prevents them from signing Giannis. Miami literally would have to settle re-signing PG first before getting to Giannis.
    3) Why give up all of that for a player you could have signed outright in free agency? PG is not worth a super max, so having his Bird rights like Giannis is not necessary. Giving that package up now also basically eliminates any chance of completing a sign and trade for Giannis in 2021 so he can keep his Bird rights and super max.
    4) With Miami's recent draft and development success, those 2 firsts along with the continued growth of Robinson and Nunn behind this staff is simply worth more than 1yr of Pandemic P.
    I mean if we’re getting Giannis then great and of course you don’t do it but if that’s all it takes to get PG Pat would have a very hard time saying no. Realistically it would cost us Herro as well, no way we could land PG with that package.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I mean if we’re getting Giannis then great and of course you don’t do it but if that’s all it takes to get PG Pat would have a very hard time saying no. Realistically it would cost us Herro as well, no way we could land PG with that package.
    Without a guarantee PG resigns while still leaving flexibility to get Giannis, 0% chance they do that trade in my opinion.

But I agree, Clippers can't make a trade like that unless Kawhi is both locked in long term beyond 2021 AND signs off on it. Making that trade tells Kawhi they are in a transition year wasting a year of his prime.

I do not want Oladipo if it costs any of Herro/Duncan/1st round pick. Indiana has zero leverage and Oladipo himself has not much value either. Nunn and fillers.

If we go after Beal or if Bam signs the extension, we can safely assume Giannis is not coming since they both share the same agent. Ofcourse, this does not have to be the case. Andy can always create room somehow when there seem to be none.

And Herro is not going anywhere unless it's for Giannis. We are going to have to give up a lot in a trade for Giannis. Herro, a lot of picks, and other young assets.

I honestly think Miami just needs Giannis and shouldn't worry about other moves. This is one of those times I'm giving Riley a pass if he gets tunnel vision on Giannis.

Keep the flexibility to sign Giannis and then if you miss we can think about Kawhi, PG, LeBron, Jrue, Oladipo, Markkanen (in that order) as backup plans.

What's a realistic trade package for Giannis if it were to happen now or before the deadline? He has to make it known to the Bucks that Miami is the only place he will resign with. That way we have some leverage in terms of not giving up too much.

Herro, Nunn, fillers, and how many picks?

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    What's a realistic trade package for Giannis if it were to happen now or before the deadline? He has to make it known to the Bucks that Miami is the only place he will resign with. That way we have some leverage in terms of not giving up too much.

Herro, Nunn, fillers, and how many picks?
    IDK man, if his mind is absolutely set on Miami and it's the only place he'll sign, his Bird rights aren't worth Herro. I'm sorry, just no.

I'd rather give up multiple 1st plus Nunn, plus whoever we draft in this coming draft than give Herro a player that's a perfect fit to space the floor.

Convince me I'm looking at this wrong somehow...

Beal would cost Herro, Giannis would cost Herro. If the bucks couldn’t get Herro they’d probably just much rather take their chances of winning the championship this year. He won’t be traded imo.

I may sound crazy, but I think Giannis has already unofficially agreed to come to the Heat; either this off-season or next. What the Heat are trying to do now is get that other piece that will be joining him. Whether that be a Beal or a Jrue Holiday type of player.

I think we will see a "big four" super team formed... It's happening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-a-minute View Post
    I may sound crazy, but I think Giannis has already unofficially agreed to come to the Heat; either this off-season or next. What the Heat are trying to do now is get that other piece that will be joining him. Whether that be a Beal or a Jrue Holiday type of player.

I think we will see a "big four" super team formed... It's happening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I also think we’ll have a big 4

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I also think we’ll have a big 4
    Jimmy, Beal, Giannis, and BAM on a max? That's roughly $130M between 4 players with a salary cap that's projected at $115M before the pandemic, and luxury tax at $139M.

I realize they can wait to sign Bam last and go over the cap, but how do you fill out the team? avoid repeater taxes?

Realistically Miami would be best suited going after Giannis, and another high quality role player. And use Bird Rights to go over the cap to sign Bam and Robinson, then use the room MLE and vet minimum to fill in the roster.

2021 Year 1:
    Butler $36M
    Herro $4M
    Okpala $2M
    Giannis $34M (assuming we trade for Bird Rights)
    (Free Agent $8M)
    Bam $27M
    Robinson $14M
    (Room Exception $5M)

That's $125M between 8 players instead. The rest of the team is then vet minimums and you can avoid the tax at least for the 1st season.
    Last edited by beasted86; 11-05-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    IDK man, if his mind is absolutely set on Miami and it's the only place he'll sign, his Bird rights aren't worth Herro. I'm sorry, just no.

I'd rather give up multiple 1st plus Nunn, plus whoever we draft in this coming draft than give Herro a player that's a perfect fit to space the floor.

Convince me I'm looking at this wrong somehow...
    It's not easy for me to say Herro is in the deal. But if Giannis wants to be fixed on the Heat and we offer them our garbage, you don't think Bucks will just ride and waste another year of his absolute prime just in spite of it? I mean Herro can't be a deal breaker when it comes to Giannis IMHO.

And a 4 player superteam is unrealistic capwise. C'mon fellas.

Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast