Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1620
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Bam = Not who I thought he would be.

You canít a max player without being an offensive threat in this day and age. He single-handedly is handicapping our offense. He touches the ball and it becomes a 4 vs 5 on offense. Everyone and their mother know he is going to pass the ball. Not how you win playoff ball.
    Yes, his aggressiveness has completely gone away. Reminds me of playoff Giannis but way worse. He's an average starter right now. Definitely not playing like a max player.

If Miami stands any chance of at least making this series watchable, Bam needs to give us a 22-10-5 night tomorrow.

I get the frustrated in Bam....but who the heck has been playing good? Everyone has been playing below their standard level of play

To be quite frank I'm more worried about the rest of our roster not named Butler/Bam moving forward, Bam has shown enough year-to-year progression as a mid-range jump shooter that with time and a mentality shift he can be a 20 ppg guy

Our big rotation sucks, we don't have a 4-man, we don't have guards who can create, we don't have point of attack defenders and we don't have enough two-way players....addressing all of that during ONE off-season to me is more concerning then anything else
    Last edited by All-In; 05-28-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    I get the frustrated in Bam....but who the heck has been playing good? Everyone has been playing below their standard level of play

To be quite frank I'm more worried about the rest of our roster not named Butler/Bam moving forward, Bam has shown enough year-to-year progression as a mid-range jump shooter that with time and a mentality shift he can be a 20 ppg guy

Our big rotation sucks, we don't have a 4-man, we don't have guards who can create, we don't have point of attack defenders and we don't have enough two-way players....addressing all of that during ONE off-season to me is more concerning then anything else
    It's possible but would take Riley and Co. breaking this predictable pattern of loyalty and thinking more aggressively. They need to understand Miami is headed for a tough rebuild in 3 years regardless. Nunn, Herro, Robinson and Bam are not good enough to carry this team anywhere at all. So make these few years with Butler count and go all in.

Let the younger guys Nunn and Robinson walk and try to grab the older but better fitting Lowry and Ibaka. If you can sign and trade Robinson or Oladipo for Lowry, even better!

Lineup:
    Lowry
    Herro
    Butler
    Bam
    Ibaka

Bam needs to be tireless in working on his mid range shot this summer so that he makes opponents pay if they sag off the way Lopez has this series. Herro needs to understand he's much better off the ball, and stop taking so many pull up jumpers while getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    It's possible but would take Riley and Co. breaking this predictable pattern of loyalty and thinking more aggressively. They need to understand Miami is headed for a tough rebuild in 3 years regardless. Nunn, Herro, Robinson and Bam are not good enough to carry this team anywhere at all. So make these few years with Butler count and go all in.

Let the younger guys Nunn and Robinson walk and try to grab the older but better fitting Lowry and Ibaka. If you can sign and trade Robinson or Oladipo for Lowry, even better!

Lineup:
    Lowry
    Herro
    Butler
    Bam
    Ibaka

Bam needs to be tireless in working on his mid range shot this summer so that he makes opponents pay if they sag off the way Lopez has this series. Herro needs to understand he's much better off the ball, and stop taking so many pull up jumpers while getting stronger.
    I really wonder what the pricing is gonna look on these contracts, I've always been a fan of Lowry, he's a two-way player, can shoot 3's, score off the dribble and play without the ball but I just don't know what the contract will look like

I also wonder how the market will price Oladipo, I mean the guy turned down a pretty big extension from Houston I think worth $22 million per year, who the heck gives him that this off-season? I honestly wouldn't be opposed to re-signing Oladpio but it HAS to be at a fair price

Ibaka is definitely someone we could afford and would be a nice fit with Bam

Not re-signing Jae Crowder, not drafting Saddiq Bey, and KZ Okpala not developing is really screwing with our swing forward spot......Georges Niang is someone that could be affordable to fill that role but not many free agents look appealing

I really wonder what the pricing is gonna look on these contracts, I've always been a fan of Lowry, he's a two-way player, can shoot 3's, score off the dribble and play without the ball but I just don't know what the contract will look like

I also wonder how the market will price Oladipo, I mean the guy turned down a pretty big extension from Houston I think worth $22 million per year, who the heck gives him that this off-season? I honestly wouldn't be opposed to re-signing Oladpio but it HAS to be at a fair price

Ibaka is definitely someone we could afford and would be a nice fit with Bam

Not re-signing Jae Crowder, not drafting Saddiq Bey, and KZ Okpala not developing is really screwing with our swing forward spot......Georges Niang is someone that could be affordable to fill that role but not many free agents look appealing
    I can also realistically see Miami attempting to resign everyone with Bird rights (excluding Dragić, but including Oladipo) and attempting to ask Lowry to take the MLE which would be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I can also realistically see Miami attempting to resign everyone with Bird rights (excluding Dragić, but including Oladipo) and attempting to ask Lowry to take the MLE which would be a mistake.
    Even though we have limited options for roster improvement we need to be aggressive this off-season (we also need a little luck like Dragic taking a discount):

If we pull the qualifying offers from Nunn and Robinson we'll have $27 million in cap space, but that turns both players from restricted to unrestricted free agents, that's a risk I'm willing to take especially since I think we'll still have their bird rights.....we renounce rights on Oladipo and decline Dragic/Iggy team options

We give $18 million to Lowry (he could ask for WAY more tho) and $9 million to Ibaka, Dragic comes back on vet min, we pay Robinson with bird rights, let Nunn go, trade Precious for a wing like Jae'Sean Tate, Darius Bazley or Dorian Finney-Smith (this won't happen but I just think Precious can't process the game well) and sign Rudy Gay or Otto Porter jr using our room exception

Lowry/Dragic
    Robinson/Herro
    Butler/Tate
    Bam/Rudy Gay
    Ibaka/Dedmon

The money part is the biggest question mark, I'm totally throwing darts on Lowry's contract number

Even though we have limited options for roster improvement we need to be aggressive this off-season (we also need a little luck like Dragic taking a discount):

If we pull the qualifying offers from Nunn and Robinson we'll have $27 million in cap space, but that turns both players from restricted to unrestricted free agents, that's a risk I'm willing to take especially since I think we'll still have their bird rights.....we renounce rights on Oladipo and decline Dragic/Iggy team options

We give $18 million to Lowry (he could ask for WAY more tho) and $9 million to Ibaka, Dragic comes back on vet min, we pay Robinson with bird rights, let Nunn go, trade Precious for a wing like Jae'Sean Tate, Darius Bazley or Dorian Finney-Smith (this won't happen but I just think Precious can't process the game well) and sign Rudy Gay or Otto Porter jr using our room exception

Lowry/Dragic
    Robinson/Herro
    Butler/Tate
    Bam/Rudy Gay
    Ibaka/Dedmon

The money part is the biggest question mark, I'm totally throwing darts on Lowry's contract number
    There are only a few playoff teams that can pay Lowry without a trade: Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, NYC, Memphis. Out of those teams, I only expect Miami, Dallas, and NYC to pursue him. I think Lowry easily gets more than $18M from NYC, but state taxes are in our favor.

I don't expect Ibaka to opt out of $9M to sign for $9M. But state taxes are again in our favor, and maybe I'm wrong on his motivation.

Sooooooooooooooooooo are the Lakers now bubble frauds too?

What would it take for us to land Damian Lillard?

What would it take for us to land Damian Lillard?
    Lillard would have to demand a trade ONLY to Miami and show up to Blazers training camp out of shape forcing the Blazers hand

Gotta be real Dame wouldn't want to be in Miami after the roster and future given up to get him. Miami will overpay Lowry pray Oladipo signs a prove the league he's healthy deal and hope an Ibaka vet type player wants to enjoy some sun on a budget.

Man, things are looking bleak for us. Our biggest improvement can come from within to be honest. Bam and Tyler MUST take their games to the next level. Very disappointment in both of them. Bam gotta be a take over type of player offensively and Tyler needs to stop playing around like he is star already and work on his god-damnn game.

Man, things are looking bleak for us. Our biggest improvement can come from within to be honest. Bam and Tyler MUST take their games to the next level. Very disappointment in both of them. Bam gotta be a take over type of player offensively and Tyler needs to stop playing around like he is star already and work on his god-damnn game.
    I mean it was pretty bleak for us a couple of years ago then we got Jimmy and made the Finals, at least now we have a star player and another in the making

Just look at the difference a top tier PG makes for the Suns, their basically another version of the 2020 Heat, no true top 5 superstar but a lot of great players with a good system

This team just isn't built properly. Jimmy and Bam both made the 2nd team defensive NBA team. They are defense first and pass first and facilitators. They're capable of having good offensive games but it's not who they are. This team desperately needs offense first players next to Jimmy and Bam. Not 3 and D guys. And the only real PG we have on this team is an undersized aging Dragic. Duncan is 6'7 but plays like he's 6'2. We badly need a guy like Wade <starts crying>. Need a Lillard, a Beal, a Durant type dude. Or at the very least surround Bam and Jimmy with athletic players better at offense.

Need Rudy Gay, not Ariza. Rudy Gay can put the ball down and create offense and shoot a nice mid-range jumper. Ariza is incapable of that.
    I never understood why we didn't snag Ibaka. So happy we gave 10M to Meyers.

Lowry is a very possible target, that much is clear. But Lonzo is also an interesting player. Good team defender. Has much better size than Lowry, Nunn, Dragic, etc. Solid playmaker and shoots the 3% decent, think he was 38% this year. And unlike these other guys, he's 23. So is Bam by the way. Bam is still 23. Julius Randle just took a huge step forward at 27 and completely choked in the playoffs against a much worse Hawks. And everyone wants to blame Bam who is 23 for not scoring while being defended by Giannis who is an absolute freak or a bigger Lopez. Bam definitely needs to work some Chris Bosh into his offense, 100%. But relax. He was not the reason we lost that series. We lacked explosiveness and offense and the Bucks were on an absolute mission to kill us and they added a stud in Jrue and we got worse by losing Crowder for Ariza. Crowder just helped CP3 and Booker get to WCF by playing 3rd most minutes behind those two every game. Can't believe we let him walk for 3-27M.

We need Lonzo/Lowry. Need a dynamic offensive dude who can create his own shot, jordan clarkson, terrence ross type dude. Rudy Gay would be great over a guy like Ariza or Iggy. And we definitely need to bring back Dedmon and sign another big for depth. Like Kanter or Ibaka. And we 100% need to develop our guys like precious, okpala, herro. Dragic got overpaid last 2 years on 1 year deals, needs to take a discount this time around. Maybe Dallas overpays but let him go. Oladipo has more promise and potential. Of course asking price on all these will be the determining factor.
    BRUH

Kawhi is off the board with the injury now. He's not leaving his hometown that just advanced to the WCF.

Miami will probably be forced to run it back and simply look to add better fitting supporting players. We really need more size in the lineup along with better shooting. Maybe combine the two with a S&T for Markkanen? Nunn would be a good pickup for his home town Chicago. Miami can also look turn Dragic into other players. If Josh Richardson opts in, offer to take him and Kleber for Dragić in a trade:

Rotation:
    Butler Oladipo Robinson Adebayo Markkanen
    Herro Richardson Kleber

Solid, versatile rotation if healthy. But not showing the star power I'm sure more fans here might want.