Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Miami Heat camp issues: Enough shooting?

Ethan J. Skolnick and Alphonse Sidney are joined by Christian Hernandez of Miami Heat Beat to discuss whether the team has enough shooting.
    What Dion Waiters are they getting? Can Tyler Herro help? Will Justise Winslow continue to improve? And is Meyers Leonard the secret weapon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwAazwrF6Kc

I believe Miami has some shooters. It's just that, we need to trade 2-3 more players so ego's don't interfere with are team chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    OKC is crazy if they think we're going to give up a draft pick for Chris Paul and unless CP3 gives up his player option then there really shouldn't be anything to talk about

I highly doubt CP3 will decline his option but lets say he will then something like CP3, one of our 1st rounders back for Dragic, JJ and Meyers Leonard would be fine...we would have to sign another big (or just promote Kyle Alexander/Chris Silva from the g-league) to fill that void left by JJ/Leonard

But even tho CP3 is injury prone and age 34 going on 35 he's still one of the better two-way point guards in the league and posted a +4.76 real plus/minus which was 4th best for point guards only behind Curry, Harden and Lillard...not bad
    For the most part I agree with you...

But I believe Dargic will have a very good season for us. I would like to see Dragic & Herro playing together.

Dragic
    Herro
    Djj
    KO
    Leonard

Thats enough shooting to give Butler a rest.

But back to Cp3, the only reason I can see why Miami would want Cp3, is if they are getting 1 of their draft picks back, so they can package it off for Beal. Then it makes since.

Miami: Beal, Cp3

Washington: 3 First rd picks, Okpala, Winslow, Waiters

OKC: Djj, D Robinson, Dragic, JJ, & 2 future 2nd rd pick

Beal reps has already stated that Beal is interested in Miami & will meet with them when he is a free agent. Washington knows the game, Beal isn't going to sign that extension. Other teams will be scared off one by one.

Cp3 wants out, & OKC can save face with the package above. Djj & D Robinson are two young players with some skill set. Dragic contract ends after this upcoming season & jj is a body they can use. & with 2 future 2nd rd picks, it doesn't look that bad that they gave Miami back a 1st rd pic, in this 3 team trade.

Miami get their star players, & we become a top 3 team in the East immediately.

I just wonder would OKC not mind having Wall. Wall would sit out the entire season, OKC is in rebuild/tank mode. You never know.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    For the most part I agree with you...

But I believe Dargic will have a very good season for us. I would like to see Dragic & Herro playing together.

Dragic
    Herro
    Djj
    KO
    Leonard

Thats enough shooting to give Butler a rest.

But back to Cp3, the only reason I can see why Miami would want Cp3, is if they are getting 1 of their draft picks back, so they can package it off for Beal. Then it makes since.

Miami: Beal, Cp3

Washington: 3 First rd picks, Okpala, Winslow, Waiters

OKC: Djj, D Robinson, Dragic, JJ, & 2 future 2nd rd pick

Beal reps has already stated that Beal is interested in Miami & will meet with them when he is a free agent. Washington knows the game, Beal isn't going to sign that extension. Other teams will be scared off one by one.

Cp3 wants out, & OKC can save face with the package above. Djj & D Robinson are two young players with some skill set. Dragic contract ends after this upcoming season & jj is a body they can use. & with 2 future 2nd rd picks, it doesn't look that bad that they gave Miami back a 1st rd pic, in this 3 team trade.

Miami get their star players, & we become a top 3 team in the East immediately.

I just wonder would OKC not mind having Wall. Wall would sit out the entire season, OKC is in rebuild/tank mode. You never know.
    Illegal trade.

A) Salaries don't work as constructed. Miami is basically hard capped and cannot take on more salary than they send out.

B) Even if the you matched salaries, they would be breaking roster minimum rules. Miami cannot operate trading away 7 players and acquiring 2. They would need to sign 5 players to minimum salary, which automatically makes the salary fitment not work.

Fans should stop thinking 'super team' and first start thinking 'good team'.

I would love it if instead of swinging for an overpaid star, Miami traded for an under the radar young player like Anfernee Simons. Or maybe Cleveland is willing to part with Sexton now that they have Garland.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I would love it if instead of swinging for an overpaid star, Miami traded for an under the radar young player like Anfernee Simons. Or maybe Cleveland is willing to part with Sexton now that they have Garland.
    It's kind of hard to pry away those kind of prospects unless you have sufficient draft capital...I mean Simons looked great at summer league and Portland loves his upside so much they didn't bring back Evan Turner, Mo Harkless or Aminu, while the Cavs want Sexton/Garland to be their version of Lillard/McCollum

I rather wait until the off-season to try to sign "second draft" candidates (Joe Harris and Spencer Dinwiddie for example) Guys like Kris Dunn, Denzel Valentine, Frank Jackson, Sterling Brown, Bruno Caboclo and Wes Iwundu...If we can get them on team friendly deals than that could be a nice way to boost our talent

Look at Toronto this past off-season, they signed Stanley Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Cameron Payne and Devin Robinson to team friendly deals...a bunch of "second draft" candidates

It's kind of hard to pry away those kind of prospects unless you have sufficient draft capital...I mean Simons looked great at summer league and Portland loves his upside so much they didn't bring back Evan Turner, Mo Harkless or Aminu, while the Cavs want Sexton/Garland to be their version of Lillard/McCollum

I rather wait until the off-season to try to sign "second draft" candidates (Joe Harris and Spencer Dinwiddie for example) Guys like Kris Dunn, Denzel Valentine, Frank Jackson, Sterling Brown, Bruno Caboclo and Wes Iwundu...If we can get them on team friendly deals than that could be a nice way to boost our talent

Look at Toronto this past off-season, they signed Stanley Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Cameron Payne and Devin Robinson to team friendly deals...a bunch of "second draft" candidates
    I would definitely be open to Kris Dunn as well. Bulls have a log jam between him, Satoransky, and newly drafted Coby White.

I would definitely be open to Kris Dunn as well. Bulls have a log jam between him, Satoransky, and newly drafted Coby White.
    Yep, he's probably the main guy I was eyeing, also Zach Lavine handles the ball a lot for Chicago too, so if Dunn gets less playing time then he can be someone we sign on a fair deal.....If we can develop him properly then that would be a huge get

Chris Paul To Heat Is A Done Deal

Illegal trade.

A) Salaries don't work as constructed. Miami is basically hard capped and cannot take on more salary than they send out.

B) Even if the you matched salaries, they would be breaking roster minimum rules. Miami cannot operate trading away 7 players and acquiring 2. They would need to sign 5 players to minimum salary, which automatically makes the salary fitment not work.

Fans should stop thinking 'super team' and first start thinking 'good team'.
    Ok....

Lets see what goes down in the coming months.

Hope this isn't true...Unless Cp3 is waving/Opting out of the last year of his contract.

Although nothing has happened yet, a lot of people do not expect CP3 to play a single game in a Thunder jersey. Bleacher Reportís Preston Ellis considers himself in that camp and even went so far as to suggest a trade to the Heat was inevitable.

Moving Chris Paul has long been a source of consternation and anticipation for fans of the Point God. But with his astronomical three years and over $124 million remaining on his contract, how will any team find the motivation, much less the salary, to make it work?

The problem goes even deeper. With nearly 40 percent of the leagueís players signing deals this summer, many arenít even eligible to be dealt until Dec. 15. However, one team fits the bill in need and finances: the Miami Heat. Better still, theyíve already shown interest in the 34-year-old.

In the proposed trade deal by Ellis, the Thunder would be trading Chris Paul and a top-10 protected 2020 first-round pick to the Heat in exchange for Goran Dragic and Kelly Olynyk.

Essentially, Miami would be dealing one large contract for another and taking in what some still believe is a top-20 player in the process. The pairing with Jimmy Butler would guarantee them a playoff spot.

It would have to be the first of many moves for the Heat, but itís a good place to start nonetheless.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/10/01...s-a-done-deal/

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Ok....

Lets see what goes down in the coming months.

Hope this isn't true...Unless Cp3 is waving/Opting out of the last year of his contract.
    Miami can send out 3 big salaries, but the problem is OKC is in the luxury tax and most likely won't want to stay there.

James Johnson was dismissed from training camp because he didn't meet conditioning requirements.....

Oh good grief

Oh, we're discussing this junk again? I have yet to see anything anywhere that says the CBA allows for renegotiating a contract with a player while in contract or even a player waiving a player option before being traded or being anywhere near the deadline for that option being exercised. None of that has ever happened.

Miami can send out 3 big salaries, but the problem is OKC is in the luxury tax and most likely won't want to stay there.
    The fact that OKC wants to get out of the luxury tax could be a reason why Miami caves on the whole draft pick compensation aspect because Miami wants one of their firsts back and OKC doesn't want to package any firsts in our proposed deals

So it could ultimately be something like: Dragic/Leonard/JJ for CP3 and no picks attached...Dragic and Leonard are expirings so I think OKC would have something like $81 million in salary headed into next off-season

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Oh, we're discussing this junk again? I have yet to see anything anywhere that says the CBA allows for renegotiating a contract with a player while in contract or even a player waiving a player option before being traded or being anywhere near the deadline for that option being exercised. None of that has ever happened.
    I believe Albert Nahmad:

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/sta...04742446604289

With that said it just depends on CP3, is he really going to eliminate his $44 million option to play for Miami which would be at best the third best team in the East?

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    As far as I've read how player options work is the opt-in date is a deadline, there is no window as far as I know. Meaning, a player doesn't need to wait until after the current season ends to opt into the final year on his deal it's just a deadline.

Ex: Player must choose to opt-in by June 30th 2020 else he becomes a free agent..... or player must choose to decline by June 30th 2020 or contract automatically renews for remaining season.

To put it simply I believe it's more possible than impossible. It's also been discussed buy legitimate sources:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/19/rumor-chris-paul-wouldve-had-to-decline-44m-player-option-to-facilitate-trade-to-heat/

All that said I want no part of CP3 unless he's declining his final season and we're getting both our 1st round draft picks back.
    Last edited by beasted86; 10-02-2019 at 12:18 PM.

James Johnson was dismissed from training camp because he didn't meet conditioning requirements.....

Oh good grief
    I like it.

Miami has to get back to the old school standards. JJ as a "captain" (which is a joke BTW) needs to be held to the stricter standards.

Dion put in the work because he has something to prove. JJ seemingly didn't take his summer as seriously and was dismissed.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast