Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1289
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If Miami doesn't sign anyone past a 1yr deal, the only contracts they will have is Butler, Herro, and Okpala. They will have the cap holds for the Bird Rights for BAM and Robinson, and Early Bird for Nunn, so they can use those to go over the cap but otherwise we're in a good position cap-wise to craft a team specifically suited for Giannis or whoever they might get.

Riley just needs to refrain from handing out any long contracts this summer. With Myers Leonard and Solomon Hill coming off the books, they have the flexibility to give a 1yr overpay to Crowder and Dragić, maybe try to convince them the salary cap will go up giving them a better potential pay day next summer. Maybe Dragić 1+1 for $25M and Crowder 1+1 for $18M with team options on that 2nd year.
    Yeah but then lies the issue of Crowder and Dragic especially if they want longer contracts

I'd also be okay running it back with the same core, adding a rookie, and the staff developing what we have, but reality is Crowder has played his way into a long term contract. I don't know if Miami wants to jeopardize 2021 FA though. Dragić is also likely due for a last pay day. He seems to like Miami, but I also don't think he's willing to sign a 1yr deal. I'm hoping they find a way to keep at least 1 of the 2 on a 1yr contract.
    My hope with Crowder is that he's tired of moving from team to team to team and that he falls in love with Heat culture so much he's willing to take a 1yr deal and roll the dice another year......that's for sure the optimistic view though and after the playoff run we're having most likely he'll get long term offers

On a totally unrelated note, something that I stopped to think about today... Remember all the people that wanted Winslow to be our starting PG at the beginning of this season?

Do any of you feel Miami would be where they are now with Winslow at PG?

Trust me, the purpose of my post is not to finger-point. My purpose is to bring us all together in making a pact: From this day forward, we as the HEAT forum members are no longer going to put all of our trust and faith in proven bums exceeding their potential. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Also, I want Tyler Herro to start from the get go next season and be the primary ball handler. He can be a 20/7/5 guy easily.
    Said this before game 4. Tyler Herro must be starting and should be our leading scorer next season.

I know we all just want to enjoy the moment but looking at our team now and thinking about the offseason. I donít think a big name scorer who demands the ball is what this team needs. I would love to see us keep this squad in tact and add a rebounding, shot blocking work horse. I would love to see us land a Rudy Gobert or Steven Adams. I really think they could put this team over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by KTheo77 View Post
    I know we all just want to enjoy the moment but looking at our team now and thinking about the offseason. I donít think a big name scorer who demands the ball is what this team needs. I would love to see us keep this squad in tact and add a rebounding, shot blocking work horse. I would love to see us land a Rudy Gobert or Steven Adams. I really think they could put this team over the top.
    I disagree because I feel that would shrink the operating room for Jimmy and BAM.

If they are going after a big not named Davis, I'd rather a dynamic big like Aaron Gordon who will be able to pass and handle but also is a good defender. Also he adds that transition finishing dynamic. He also doesn't affect the 2021 FA plans.
    Last edited by beasted86; 09-28-2020 at 09:04 PM.

I disagree because I feel that would shrink the operating room for Jimmy and BAM.

If they are going after a big not named Davis, I'd rather a dynamic big like Aaron Gordon who will be able to pass and handle but also is a good defender. Also he adds that transition finishing dynamic. He also doesn't affect the 2021 FA plans.
    You used to bring up Tristan Thomas.

Gordon would be cool, but Miami still needs an offensive scorer. The Nets are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post

Gordon would be cool, but Miami still needs an offensive scorer. The Nets are coming.
    Tristan would be a great bench player but I don't think he's going to take the limited minutes.

Aaron Gordon can shoot a little too....he'd be ideal for this team. What's his contract situation?

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Aaron Gordon can shoot a little too....he'd be ideal for this team. What's his contract situation?
    Expiring next year makes like $18M without checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post

Gordon brings just enough offense IMO. He's never had shooters like Miami has. It could make his game really shine.

Last year was kinda down but he averaged 16-17 the previous 2 years.

Aaron Gordon on the Miami Heat I can actually see that believe it or not

Smh.... After watching AD interview, how the heck can Pat take AD away from Lbj/Lakers!

https://youtu.be/4dDNpwr1O-M

This is ridiculous, too much history with them guys.

Better to hedge your bets on 2021

Screw Gordon, weíll get someone in 2021 free agency whoís far better.

This team needs that star thatís going to go out and give them 25+ a night. Thatís all this team is missing.

That could put us over the top and I also saw some rumors of Lowry Ibaka coming here which I think could put us over the top when you also factor in the development of the young guys going into next year.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast