Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Positivity Thread

Hello all, it’s been awhile.

Just thought I’d pop in and see what was going on in this forum. I decided to start a “Positivity” thread to inject some positivity back up in this b***h.

There’s a lot that could be said this year, but I thought I’d start with some appreciation for Belli, so I went back and dug up this post from after the 2016 milb season. Clearly this guy has come a long way since then.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Having said that,

For those interested, I'm linking a 1-minute video of Cody Bellinger highlights. He really is a fun player to watch.

https://youtu.be/lIcAOwMCeOw

Special attention to the first highlight in the clip - 🚨 spoiler alert 🚨 - it's a monsterous shot.

Notice that he shortens his swing, but still gets everything he's got behind it and maintains full momentum all the way through.

Now, clearly the pitch was a meatball; waist high and in. But here's the main point; this dude is 6'4" and his length gives him great plate coverage.

When a guy as big as he is has the ability to shorten up like he can and stands on top of the plate like he does... it's almost unfair.

People may be worried that he's a k waiting to happen when he comes up to the next level - ala JP - but I'm much more comfortable after this past season and seeing at bats like this. Joc's swing is consistently long and that's what always worried me.

Seriously, I love this swing.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ne...ply&p=31354392
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 07-07-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Hello all, it’s been awhile.

Just thought I’d pop in and see what was going on in this forum. I decided to start a “Positivity” thread to inject some positivity back up in this b***h.

There’s a lot that could be said this year, but I thought I’d start with some appreciation for Belli, so I went back and dug up this post from after the 2016 milb season. Clearly this guy has come a long way since then.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ne...ply&p=31354392
    Good timing for this thread as we come to the break. Great start to the season so far - Bellinger, of course, is stealing the headlines, but a few other positives to mention:

1) Starting rotation - Our top 3 have been unbelievable, and the "bottom" of the rotation has been pretty damn good as well. With Urias in the bullpen, we have another arm that would be starting for any other team in baseball at the top of their rotation.

2) Overall Depth - Once again, this team is built on depth and versatility. It is not a coincidence that someone has stepped up every time someone else goes down. The last several years we have had huge injuries to pitchers, position players, etc. Our starting 8 may not be the best in the league, but our 25- and 40-man rosters are right at the top. That depth shows over and over again, and is THE difference maker in our success.

3) Taylor, Muncy, Freese - Taylor stepping up during Seager's stint on the IL has been incredibly important. Just when it seemed he was a lost cause, he picked it up when he was needed most. I am still not sure about him long term, but what an impact he has had these last several weeks. I really thought there was a good chance that Muncy's production would drop off, and the beginning of the year was not looking good for him, but again, he has picked it up, and I love having him at the plate in big situations. Freese is a professional at bat every time, and right at the top of the list in big situations - always confident that he will deliver when he is needed most, and his leadership doesn't hurt either. 3 players that were big question marks for me going into the season that have produced well so far.

4) The Kids - Wow! What an impact the young guys (Verdugo and Beaty especially) have had. Add Rios, Smith, and Garlick, and the future looks really bright. So many young every day players on the field, and an entire group waiting for their spot. These guys are already paying dividends, and whether we seem them in a Dodgers uniform or leverage them for additional Major League talent, we are absolutely stocked!

5) Seager - I know he is injured...again, but after his slow start, he was showing what a fantastic player he really is, and what he can do for the depth and strength of this lineup when he is healthy. Unfortunately, just as he was hitting his stride again, he went down. Hoping this is not a chronic issue with him, and that when he comes back, he stays.

Looking forward to the second half, and the drove of players coming back off the IL.

👆😁👍

All of it!

I was going to post something about Taylor and Muncy as well, but you are right, this team is STACKED with talent.

Seager went down and CT3 went on a tear. His production was bound to come around - he’s one of the best BABIP producers in all of baseball the last 3 years because he hits the explosive ******* out of the ball. His OPS right now is middle of the pack starter-level at SS and he’s a super utility guy. Reminder, we got that dude for Zach Lee.

And MaxiMumcy! What a find!
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Here's another positive...the opening series coming off the break against the Red Sox, in Boston, and we take 2 out of 3. We opened the series with our 4th and 5th starters, and blew a late lead in game three, and still held on to win the series. Boston needed this a hell of a lot more than we did, but it was huge for us to follow up 4 straight losses with that win.
    By the way...anyone notice that A. J. Pollock is still alive?

Here's a positive.. I'm positive Kenley Jansen sucks.