Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Lol that's pretty absurd dude. They're going to win the west for a 6th consecutive season and will probably be in the world series for a 3rd consecutive year. That's to say nothing of the incredibly deep roster that they've assembled with easily the best farm system and prospects in all of baseball. The team isn't just set up to win over the next few years, they're set up to win over the next decade. They have all-star caliber players at just about every position to go along with the best starting pitching in the league; heck, they have all-star caliber players coming off the bench. They also happen to have the best record in baseball and have a shot at setting a franchise record in wins. Yeah, the acquisitions haven't been great...and you know why, because teams want those deep prospects. Your complaints sound like the complaints of rich kids who get a porch for their birthday instead of a Ferrari...it's pretty absurd.
    Hey man, yeah, I know you from the Lakers forum.

Itís funny because baseball playoffs are much more of a crapshoot than any other major sport. It always has been, it always will be.

You seem to lean more towards basketball where the favored teams generally have a much higher win expectancy in a best of 7 series, yet you still come in here with a much more optimistic outlook and realistic expectation than most Dodgers fans.

They see teams reach the WS one year, fail, then fall out of contention, and maybe that scares them, but this Dodgers squad is set to compete for a long time.

The most legitimate complaint anyone can make about this organization right now is that they traded Yordan Alvarez 3 years or so ago. However, the dude had minimal trade value at the time because he was a young, freshly signed IFA who hadnít played pro ball in the states and lacked a defensive position.

Someone literally just complained the other day that it was too bad this FO was so short sighted that they let go of Grant Dayton.

Before he got injured - again - Grant Dayton had pitched 8.1 innings of relief this year allowing 1.56 base runners per inning. Before this year, he hadnít pitched at all since 2017 when he had an ERA of nearly 5 while allowing 1.31 base runners per inning.

Proof positive that people will complain about anything.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 08-12-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Hey man, yeah, I know you from the Lakers forum.

Itís funny because baseball playoffs are much more of a crapshoot than any other major sport. It always has been, it always will be.

You seem to lean more towards basketball where the favored teams generally have a much higher win expectancy in a best of 7 series, yet you still come in here with a much more optimistic outlook and realistic expectation than most Dodgers fans.

They see teams reach the WS one year, fail, then fall out of contention, and maybe that scares them, but this Dodgers squad is set to compete for a long time.

The most legitimate complaint anyone can make about this organization right now is that they traded Yordan Alvarez 3 years or so ago. However, the dude had minimal trade value at the time because he was a young, freshly signed IFA who hadnít played pro ball in the states and lacked a defensive position.

Someone literally just complained the other day that it was too bad this FO was so short sighted that they let go of Grant Dayton.

Before he got injured - again - Grant Dayton had pitched 8.1 innings of relief this year allowing 1.56 base runners per inning. Before this year, he hadnít pitched at all since 2017 when he had an ERA of nearly 5 while allowing 1.31 base runners per inning.

Proof positive that people will complain about anything.
    Yeah, I'm more of a basketball guy, but I've always followed baseball really closely. It's actually been my favorite sport to watch in the past 5 years or so because I don't like how the NBA has become so sloppy where there's almost no execution anymore on either side of the ball. The team that ends up winning is the team that messes up the least. In baseball though, especially when good teams play, there's very little room for error and when one team makes a mistake (e.g., walking the leadoff batter, defensive error) the opposing team usually makes them pay.

It's funny what people will complain about, because they will also turn around and complain about the lack of acquisitions and how we're not bringing in guys to bolster the bullpen, but in order to do that we have to give up guys like May, Gonsolin, Smith, Lux, etc. Overall, I'm happy with how the front office is balancing winning now and developing the prospects.

World Series championships or not yet this has been and will continue to be an amazing time in Dodgers history. The current and future state of this franchise is so amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    World Series championships or not yet this has been and will continue to be an amazing time in Dodgers history. The current and future state of this franchise is so amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that yesterday. It's a bit misleading. After 121 games in 2019, we have a record of 80-41. However, after 121 games in 2017 we were 87-34. However, I doubt we'll lose 16 out of 17 late in the season like the 2017 team did.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 08-14-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Agree with you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123