Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    More empty PR speak from Silver
    Time will tell on that one, but I lean towards your side on that. After seeing how the PG trade came about in connection with Kawhi, I know owners can't be pleased...not that I give a **** about their feelings. They're just displeased that players recognize their power.

    At this point, it's too little too late.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    5,176
    It's not PR speak, it means they will remove tampering restrictions for players once their season has ended. IN SEASON tampering is what is frowned upon, but if a player didn't make the playoffs, he and the team should be able to get on with it already.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,421
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    It's not PR speak, it means they will remove tampering restrictions for players once their season has ended. IN SEASON tampering is what is frowned upon, but if a player didn't make the playoffs, he and the team should be able to get on with it already.
    I don't disagree, but the problem is, how is that fair to the 16 teams that make the playoffs that could be interested in the player?, or to the players still playing that could have been interested in going to that team?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,895
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    It's not PR speak, it means they will remove tampering restrictions for players once their season has ended. IN SEASON tampering is what is frowned upon, but if a player didn't make the playoffs, he and the team should be able to get on with it already.
    They have no action that will make a difference. Every time there is some TV talk and fan noise Silver says "We're looking at ..." and that's all that happens. It's pure PR.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    5,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They have no action that will make a difference. Every time there is some TV talk and fan noise Silver says "We're looking at ..." and that's all that happens. It's pure PR.
    It was at the annual July meeting, not a random TV interview.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,895
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    It was at the annual July meeting, not a random TV interview.
    I didn't say it was a random TV interview.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    Which team needs Chris Paul the most?
    I'm still shocked about this trade and I honestly don't understand how a backcourt with Harden and Westbrook is supposed to work, BUT my main concern is the next step for Chris Paul. It wouldn't make any sense for OKC to keep him after what they've done to get rid of Westbrook's albatross contract. So where should CP3 play next season? Suns fans are probably punching the hair right now, because Chris Paul would have been better PG to pair with Devin Booker than Ricky Rubio. What about the Orlando Magic? They need a PG and that's why they were rumored to be interested in Russell Westbrook. The Mavericks? If they don't want to put much weight on Luka's shoulders, maybe pairing him with a veteran playmaker like CP3 would help his development next season. People are suggesting Miami as a possible destination but IMO Pat Riley will not give up future picks for a guy like CP3. Westbrook wouldn't have made the Heat a contender, but they would have been a box office attraction. Do you think Miami people will renounce to South Beach evenings just to see an old CP3 playing alongside Jimmy Butler? I don't think so.xvideos xnxx xxx
    Last edited by JainJude; 07-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    104,159
    This off season was legit eye opening... KL toyed with the lakers period... The sixers cost the celtics horford and were in his ear before the NBA season ended which is wrong... The **** with KL and PG13 is ****ing gross but hey they got what they wanted... KL screwed over the lakers big time and used the lakers and raptors as a tool to buy time until that trade happened and the sixers talked horford from the celtics and what was suppose to be a 30 million deal etc....


    Trust me i am happy we got horford and i am happy he isnt a celtic but at the same time this league really needs to figure this **** out because players have way to much control and this off season showed just that.... teams and players werent just trying to sign a guy but they were trying to sign and screw over other teams and that is a pretty big ****ing problem... Now yes the lakers got what they deserved because pelinka is a dumbass esp after the pelicans ****... he got played but KL never gave 1 **** about signing with the lakers and bought time until free agents were signed and had the PG13 thing working in the background the entire time.... this is the most ****ed up thing we have seen in a while and the best part is the NBA shat on the lakers and the cp3 trade years ago when that wasnt anywhere near as bad as this... they should have shut down the pg13 trade nomatter the insane haul the thunder got because what went down was dirty.... was it the lakers fault for being so stupid? sure but who wouldnt wait for KL?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,399
    Hard to be mad at the players for having some control. He is what this little control still gets them.

    Clippers trade Blake after reassurance of loyalty. Raptors dump Demar after his loyalty. Paul and Iggy get traded. Morris Twins take pay cuts to play with each other with the suns and they trade one away. Miami didnít want to pay Wade when he wanted to come back in his prime. Webber finding out he got traded to the Kings by fans in the street. Jordan retired from the Bulls because the owner didnít want to pay his players and Coach.

    Being Loyal to the teams can back fire badly. Look what Isiah Thomas sacrificed for the Celtics. KD was cleared to play by the Warriors. Leonard was being almost forced to play with the Spurs. Grant Hill was cleared way to early by the Magic. Players have shown extreme levels of loyalty and got burned for it.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,827
    To my knowledge the true disruptive tamper agents right now are/were Lebron/Klutch and Kawhi (who was actively recruiting KD and Butler mid season apparently). It's when you **** with other teams/players under contract that actions should be taken. Off season free agents who cares.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,978
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Time will tell on that one, but I lean towards your side on that. After seeing how the PG trade came about in connection with Kawhi, I know owners can't be pleased...not that I give a **** about their feelings. They're just displeased that players recognize their power.

    At this point, it's too little too late.
    Players in general donít have power. Star players do. Gallinari was a FA and chose to sign with LA. But because of what PG/Kawhi wanted his *** got shipped to OKC. Lonzo was thrilled to be in LA but because of what AD/Lebron wanted he was ran out of town.

    There are three groups in the NBA - 1) teams/owners, 2) star players and 3) other players. Groups 1 and 2 donít give a damn about group 3, the largest group. And thatís why all those players surveys come back as the league is generally unhappy.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Hard to be mad at the players for having some control. He is what this little control still gets them.

    Clippers trade Blake after reassurance of loyalty. Raptors dump Demar after his loyalty. Paul and Iggy get traded. Morris Twins take pay cuts to play with each other with the suns and they trade one away. Miami didnít want to pay Wade when he wanted to come back in his prime. Webber finding out he got traded to the Kings by fans in the street. Jordan retired from the Bulls because the owner didnít want to pay his players and Coach.

    Being Loyal to the teams can back fire badly. Look what Isiah Thomas sacrificed for the Celtics. KD was cleared to play by the Warriors. Leonard was being almost forced to play with the Spurs. Grant Hill was cleared way to early by the Magic. Players have shown extreme levels of loyalty and got burned for it.
    Not trying to take away from your point but I do take offense to you including Webber in there with some of those other examples. He wasnít remotely close to loyal to the Warriors. He legit cried his way off the team and got exactly what he wanted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •