Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs @ WhiteSox

Cubs @ WhiteSox

Hopefully they can carry over the intensity they had in the last game against the Pirates...
    A sweep of these 2 games would be nice momentum going into the break.
    Also would shutup the Sox fans [emoji23][emoji23]

From nsb

Russell in the lineup? Put this one in the loss column.

Cubs started their bad stretch on June 10. Theyíve played 24 games since then and are 9-15. Russell has started 16 of those games and the Cubs are 3-13. In the 8 games he hasnít started, theyíre 6-2.

He also didnít start any of the 3 games against the Cardinals the weekend before and the Cubs swept the series. The weekend before that when the Cards swept the Cubs, guess who started all three games?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    From nsb
    Is Maddon playing him because he wants to play Russell or is the FO forcing the issue to try and raise Russell's trade value?

Either way, I wish they would stop playing that turd.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    From nsb
    Thatís just coincidence. Honestly itís Russell or Descalso. Idk how many times that has to be said. I know this isnít your post, this is not directed at you, itís more of an open thought. I donít care for Ady, but he hasnít been the reason weíve lost 13 of the 16 games heís started, though he hasnít helped win much either. You could probably go through your big 4 and come up with outrageous numbers like that too. We havenít played good for a month and I canít recall a win streak of any significance since the STL sweep.

Edit: Just to add on a bit... our bench is Almora, Caratini, and Descalso. Itís either Ady or Descalso, so you tell me youíd honestly rather see Descalso and his .180 whatever batting avg in over a guy that atleast has pop somewhere in his bat and a great glove. Both choices suck but when one HAS to play, give me Ady.
    Last edited by ivyboys; 07-06-2019 at 06:41 PM.

You can play Bote instead of Addi. Thatís about it. Idk why theyíre not doing that more but itís gotta be for a reason. Maybe Boteís performance is a result of being in favorable matchups, maybe they donít buy him @ 2B anymore, maybe heís hurt, maybe theyíre trying to lift Addiís trade value, or maybe they just believe in Addiís bat still. Iíd put all of those above ďthey donít know what theyíre doingĒ as a likely reason

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Thatís just coincidence. Honestly itís Russell or Descalso. Idk how many times that has to be said. I know this isnít your post, this is not directed at you, itís more of an open thought. I donít care for Ady, but he hasnít been the reason weíve lost 13 of the 16 games heís started, though he hasnít helped win much either. You could probably go through your big 4 and come up with outrageous numbers like that too. We havenít played good for a month and I canít recall a win streak of any significance since the STL sweep.

Edit: Just to add on a bit... our bench is Almora, Caratini, and Descalso. Itís either Ady or Descalso, so you tell me youíd honestly rather see Descalso and his .180 whatever batting avg in over a guy that atleast has pop somewhere in his bat and a great glove. Both choices suck but when one HAS to play, give me Ady.
    Yeah I agree, im not a Russell fan but I think it more coincidence then it being directly him being the reason..

Like you said it not like Maddon has options on who to play at 2B when he sits Bote..
    it either Russell or Descalso

The teams woes the past 2 months is on the team as a whole playing bad baseball..

Thed going to have to be creative the next couple weeks and figure out how to upgrade CF and or 2B and bullpen..

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You can play Bote instead of Addi. Thatís about it. Idk why theyíre not doing that more but itís gotta be for a reason. Maybe Boteís performance is a result of being in favorable matchups, maybe they donít buy him @ 2B anymore, maybe heís hurt, maybe theyíre trying to lift Addiís trade value, or maybe they just believe in Addiís bat still. Iíd put all of those above ďthey donít know what theyíre doingĒ as a likely reason
    Russell has actually done pretty well since mid June. And Bote has struggled. That added to Russell being a far better defensive player(with the exception of that boneheaded decision in Pitt.) is the reason he is playing more. I get people do not like Russell, but he is not the problem the last 3 weeks and has earned starts in that time.

Beautiful, 1-0.

AJ is pretty brutal in the booth. His commentary adds nothing.

Also KB with a hit with a runner in scoring position!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay16 View Post
    AJ is pretty brutal in the booth. His commentary adds nothing.

Also KB with a hit with a runner in scoring position!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought that was really nice of Eloy to help his old team out on the Bryant hit

Javy got us that run with his double and baserunning..

Hopefully we get the good Lester tonight..

Would anyone be sad if Thed able to upgrade Schwarber Russell and Descalso before the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I thought that was really nice of Eloy to help his old team out on the Bryant hit
    Itís like he was avoiding the ball. I think the numbers of him not being a very good outfielder is true.

Walks..ugggh

Cubs @ WhiteSox

Nice walk down memory lane of AJ getting clocked with AJ sitting right there in the booth.

Oh,and now we get the replay.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast