Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    My point was the Lakers better win or else LaVar will call us out, and it won't be nice.
    I gotchu. I was more talking to the PSD LaVar.

(And people make fun of my screen name lolololol)

Boogie vs Caruso in a dunk contest. Who ya got??

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hmm............................................... ...................................

I'm gonna go with.............................................. ......................

.................................................. ................................................Ca ruso!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I canít wait to see what Boogie got this year..Same with caruso but I donít think he will get much playing time..

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    My point was the Lakers better win or else LaVar will call us out, and it won't be nice.
    Youíre afraid of Lavar?

Go route for the ****ing Clippers on the ***** side of town then. No one with a pair gives a **** about that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I canít wait to see what Boogie got this year..Same with caruso but I donít think he will get much playing time..
    I have really low expectations for him. My only hope is he is healthy in the playoffs. People donít come back from Achilles injuries man, theyíre never the same. You could see his impact in the Finals when he was healthy, other times he couldnít jump and sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I have really low expectations for him. My only hope is he is healthy in the playoffs. People donít come back from Achilles injuries man, theyíre never the same. You could see his impact in the Finals when he was healthy, other times he couldnít jump and sucked.
    One thing that makes it hard to judge how Boogie will be affected going forward is that people talk about tendon and ligament injuries in general terms, but it makes a huge difference whether the injury was a tear (partial) or rupture (complete).

You can see that confusion here, where both terms are used for Cousins' injury:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuad...endon-surgery/

From what I can find, Cousins suffered a full rupture of his Achilles, followed by a partial tear of a quadriceps tendon. Obviously not good, and I don't think anyone expects him to return to pre-injury form, but that doesn't mean he can't play reliable productive minutes.

More on Achilles injuries and NBA players here:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/11/ke...covery-history

He was never healthy in the finals, and also never in basketball shape. Having those two things against you will even make Prime Jordan look like a fish out of water.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    He was never healthy in the finals, and also never in basketball shape. Having those two things against you will even make Prime Jordan look like a fish out of water.
    Again, no one comes back from Achilles the same other then Nique. Prime Jordan unhealthy and out of shape is better then Prime Jordan coming off an Achilles any day. He clearly impacted two games in the finals when he was playing well. He was not healthy or in shape because of his injuries. Being in shape now will not have that big of an impact on his ability to play 82 games and the playoffs. Iíd bet he gets injured again, on the same leg, at some point in the season. Our best bet is to let him ride the bench and limit his minutes in the season to keep him fresh for the playoffs, because he will most likely have a limited number of games he can impact.

Caruso and DMC vs the toenail clips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3nbiJIEBwk

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Caruso and DMC vs the toenail clips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3nbiJIEBwk
    I'm getting more of a Dudley vibe off the big guy....

I'm definitely not arguing against how devastating an achilles injury can be, but he came back last season and took a lesser role, played fewer minutes, and it was his first season back. He put up 16 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 1.5 blks, and 1.3 stls on 48% shooting. Those would be career numbers for most centers in the league (and are borderline all-star caliber on their own for a center) and given that this will be hist first full season back with a full summer to work out he figures to be better. I'm not saying he will be back to his old form, but all signs so far are pretty positive and there should definitely be reason to expect something from him.

Again, no one comes back from Achilles the same other then Nique. Prime Jordan unhealthy and out of shape is better then Prime Jordan coming off an Achilles any day. He clearly impacted two games in the finals when he was playing well. He was not healthy or in shape because of his injuries. Being in shape now will not have that big of an impact on his ability to play 82 games and the playoffs. Iíd bet he gets injured again, on the same leg, at some point in the season. Our best bet is to let him ride the bench and limit his minutes in the season to keep him fresh for the playoffs, because he will most likely have a limited number of games he can impact.
    Again, he impacted most of the games he played in last season. He played surprisingly well. I was expecting him to suck, but he didn't. He played exceptionally well given the injury, and was still maybe a top 7-10 center in the league or so. He got hurt in the playoffs, but that's not a super serious injury and is unlikely related to his achilles. Kobe kept getting hurt, but those injuries weren't related to his achilles. He was just old and banged up. Cousins is not old.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 07-18-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I think Cousins will have a good year if we bring him off the bench..

DeMarcus Cousins to Lakers

I never set my expectations high so I honestly feel that if boogie gives about what he did last year over a 60-70+ game season Iíd be very happy. Anything better than that and Iíd be ecstatic.

Your baby can't do this

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast