Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    Considering the fact that the lakers didnít get in on the first and second day signing frenzy I think they did really well. Iím still trying to figure out who they really missed out on. I donít think we can count the guys who went in sign and trade deals. I think Danny green was a main target. It seems the Morris boys had no intentions to play for the lakers. We also canít consider anyone who resigned with their current teams. If granny green had went else where I would say the summer was a fail. I also thought the lakers were waiting for the buyout market. I still wonder is melo,j.r Smith or korver a possibility. It seems that teams are trying to keep certain guys away from the lakers. Thatís another thing other teams donít have to deal with. The rest of the league plotting against you.
    Yep exactly. We had the luxury to wait. I felt that when we had AD then Rondo and DMC would most likely sign also. They had a good thing going in NO and hopefully continue it here. I would have loved Brogdon but his numbers were a little ridiculous. Lets get Iggy and I think it's a wrap. Bro, there is nothing new with the NBA against us. At least we got the 4th pick. The NBA Gods are making up for that CP3 trade crap I guess. Maybe Pau for insurance in the frontline. Boogie and AD are injury prone. If he wants to come that is.

Only a fool would buy into the idea that magic is the real cancer to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Only a fool would buy into the idea that magic is the real cancer to the Lakers.
    I donít think there is a cancer. I donít think incompetence is a cancer. Do I think they should have allowed jerry west back in the building? Yes. I can also understand Jeannie and her new bunch wanting to prove the doubters wrong and succeeding on theyíre own. My personal opinion is itís time for new ownership. The NBA is big business and the buss family canít compete. They may be at or near the bottom of the league when you talk about support staff and all the behind the scene inter workings that make organizations elite.

The lost boys

I donít think there is a cancer. I donít think incompetence is a cancer. Do I think they should have allowed jerry west back in the building? Yes. I can also understand Jeannie and her new bunch wanting to prove the doubters wrong and succeeding on theyíre own. My personal opinion is itís time for new ownership. The NBA is big business and the buss family canít compete. They may be at or near the bottom of the league when you talk about support staff and all the behind the scene inter workings that make organizations elite.
    I'm with you on this. Every time there's a Laker opening, the suggestions are generally the same kind...Laker retreads. Let's bring back this guy or that guy. It wouldve been cool to see JW back...but the man is not the only astute basketball mind around, my gosh. West is just motivated as hell to interrupt the Lakers success lol.

I do think Jeanie and crew are determined to prove naysayers wrong and props to her for being willing to stay in the trenches and figure it out. I just hope they don't think that constructing a good looking roster is all that needs to be done. Upper management competence and cohesion is beneficial to any franchise...and the Lakers has yet to consistently demonstrate that since Buss passing.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Do I think they should have allowed jerry west back in the building? Yes.
    +1

Bringing back Jerry West should have been priority #1

With his wisdom and respect around the league it would have really helped the Lakers. Even if he came back on an advisory role.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    As Kobe would say, "just flush it down the toilet and move on." Magic is on that list and Kawhi is #2 for a reason. This is the best team we have had since our championship years and am very excited for this coming season.
    Very true, we didn't have a great team (on paper) for a very long time (6 freakin years), I'm ready to being excited again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Very true, we didn't have a great team (on paper) for a very long time (6 freakin years), I'm ready to being excited again.
    I think this years surprise is going to be Boogie. He is in better shape and playing with his Pelicans buddies. Very excited bro.

I did not like some of the moves Magic made but I canít argue the results. Lakers were next to trash many years before magic signed. In one year magic turned Lakers Into a legit contender with some big balls risks. Magic was the master mind behind Dr Buss game plan. Not only did he set the stage to land 2 top 10 players he a almost landed a third in kawhi had he remain with the team. Ray Charles can see that. My only gripe is they could of had a few more young guys.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-11-2019 at 08:04 PM.

I think this years surprise is going to be Boogie. He is in better shape and playing with his Pelicans buddies. Very excited bro.
    uuummm thatís DeMarcus to you sir. Heís more refined. He doesnít want to be known as boogie. That is soooo last year.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I did not like some of the moves Magic made but I canít argue the results. Lakers were next to trash many years before magic signed. In one year magic turned Lakers Into a legit contender with some big balls risks. Magic was the master mind behind Dr Buss game plan. Not only did he set the stage to land 2 top 10 players he a almost landed a third in kawhi had he remain with the team. Ray Charles can see that. My only gripe is they could of had a few more young guys.
    By Magic you mean Pelinka then you are correct.

uuummm thatís DeMarcus to you sir. Heís more refined. He doesnít want to be known as boogie. That is soooo last year.
    LOL ya it seems he has finally grown up. That injury might have been a major reality check for him. Mr. Cousins is going to kick ars this coming season.

By Magic you mean Pelinka then you are correct.
    Pelinka was not the master mind he was just following directions carrying out the orders.

Sounds familiar...

"Magic Johnson, the Lakersí former president of basketball operations, was the man who ultimately locked the team out of the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes. According to a ďperson involved in the process,Ē it was Magicís big mouth that cost the more famous Los Angeles team".

https://deadspin.com/report-magics-s...abb-1836632461

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...cy-per-report/

I would love a laker insider or some credible media person to come on first take and on National tv ... and trash Magic Johnson so hard, so badly. I want to see Magicís public reputation to be torn down so bad. I canít explain how much I loathe that egotistical incompetence POS.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I would love a laker insider or some credible media person to come on first take and on National tv ... and trash Magic Johnson so hard, so badly. I want to see Magicís public reputation to be torn down so bad. I canít explain how much I loathe that egotistical incompetence POS.
    Youíre an idiot.. Go root for the Clippers since you created 500 threads in the main forum slurping them off..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast