Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George teaming up in LAC

Free agent forward Kawhi Leonard has informed runners-up teams of his plans: He's signing with the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147383197640134656

Oklahoma City is trading All-Star Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for a record-setting collection of draft choices, league sources tell ESPN.
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147383639036092416

This is relevant to the Kings because it is very likely the Kings will not be able to leapfrog the Clippers in the standings for a very long time.

The way I see it the playoffs is already pretty much set:

1. LAC
    2. UTAH
    3. DEN
    4. HOU
    5. GSW
    6. LAL
    7. POR

Sure this might not be the order, but all of these teams are pretty a lock to make the playoffs. Kings will be competing with Spurs, OKC, and NOLA for that final spot IMO.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147383197640134656

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1147383639036092416

This is relevant to the Kings because it is very likely the Kings will not be able to leapfrog the Clippers in the standings for a very long time.

The way I see it the playoffs is already pretty much set:

1. LAC
    2. UTAH
    3. DEN
    4. HOU
    5. GSW
    6. LAL
    7. POR

Sure this might not be the order, but all of these teams are pretty a lock to make the playoffs. Kings will be competing with Spurs, OKC, and NOLA for that final spot IMO.
    The West is crazy. That list looks about right, but injuries and team drama can always shake things up.

I think people are over estimating the strength of the Lakers. Lot of people thought the Lakers were a sure thing to make the playoffs last season.

You have Lebron James who will be 35 for most of the upcoming season. He is unlikely to be playing a full season and 35 is usually a age that shows signs of skill deteriorating.

Anthony Davis who is a top player but will likely miss 25 to 30 games himself. Anthony Davis has always been a top player but how often has his teams performed well?

Here is the current Lakers roster

PF/C Anthony Davis
    PF Kyle Kuzma
    SF LeBron James
    SG Danny Green
    PG Quinn Cook
    C JaVale McGee
    PF Johnathan Williams (Qualifying Offer)
    SF Jared Dudley
    SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    SG Troy Daniels

How is that team going to hold up when either Davis or James misses a game?

Here is the wins of Pelicans under Anthony Davis.

34, 45, 30, 34, 48, 33

Not really the win total you would expect from a guy like Anthony Davis.

The Lakers do have about 9.8 mil left so they can still get a couple more role players, but I wouldnt expect them to sign anyone of significance.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-06-2019 at 02:29 PM.

I agree... I dont think the Lakers are a lock for the playoffs... I feel the 7 and 8 spot will be up for grabs. San Antonio should be getting Murray back... warriors a team we played really well last year got worse...I also feel as though OKC may switch to rebuild and trade Westbrook.

I feel it will come down to the pelicans, lakers, and kings for the 7 and 8 spot. Lakers qill be dependent on health...pelicans are probably too young with little chemistry this year...kings depend on the further development if our core young guys and (sigh) the coaching of Walton.

I think the Warriors are another team that is not a sure thing. I think they are likely to make the playoffs but outside of Curry, Green, and Russell they have nobody. They lost a lot of their best depth players this year and no Thompson or Durant.

Looks like the Lakers added Cousins and Rondo. Still, I think the Lakers playoff hopes rest on the health of Davis.

How many All-Stars do you think will come out of the Kings division this year? I would guess 6 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by 101O11 View Post
    Looks like the Lakers added Cousins and Rondo. Still, I think the Lakers playoff hopes rest on the health of Davis.

How many All-Stars do you think will come out of the Kings division this year? I would guess 6 plus.
    Barring injury, Lebron, AD, Steph, Kawhi, and PG13 seem like safe bets. After that, there’s Draymond, Russell, Fox, Buddy, and Booker in the mix.

Who would win: A team of California players vs best players out of state.

Curry - Fox
    George - Hield
    Kawhi - Klay
    LeBron - Draymond
    AD - Bagley/Cousins

Any combination of non-California players beating this?

I don't think Warriors are a lock. Look at their roster. And OKC not really a threat anymore.

Playoffs can happen this year. Won't be easy, but it's not unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think people are over estimating the strength of the Lakers. Lot of people thought the Lakers were a sure thing to make the playoffs last season.

You have Lebron James who will be 35 for most of the upcoming season. He is unlikely to be playing a full season and 35 is usually a age that shows signs of skill deteriorating.

Anthony Davis who is a top player but will likely miss 25 to 30 games himself. Anthony Davis has always been a top player but how often has his teams performed well?

Here is the current Lakers roster

PF/C Anthony Davis
    PF Kyle Kuzma
    SF LeBron James
    SG Danny Green
    PG Quinn Cook
    C JaVale McGee
    PF Johnathan Williams (Qualifying Offer)
    SF Jared Dudley
    SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    SG Troy Daniels

How is that team going to hold up when either Davis or James misses a game?

Here is the wins of Pelicans under Anthony Davis.

34, 45, 30, 34, 48, 33

Not really the win total you would expect from a guy like Anthony Davis.

The Lakers do have about 9.8 mil left so they can still get a couple more role players, but I wouldnt expect them to sign anyone of significance.
    I think they have enough to make the playoffs comfortably.

To be fair they've added Cousins and Avery Bradley since this post.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I don't think Warriors are a lock. Look at their roster. And OKC not really a threat anymore.

Playoffs can happen this year. Won't be easy, but it's not unreasonable.
    Maybe not a lock but I certainly wouldn't bet against Curry, Draymond, and Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think they have enough to make the playoffs comfortably.

To be fair they've added Cousins and Avery Bradley since this post.
    If I had to pick 8 teams I would pick the Lakers, but I think they are closer to the 8 seed than the 1 seed.

Avery Bradley is a shell of his former self. He played well at the end of last year but the last couple of years he has not played well.

We all know Demarcus Cousins was a stud in Sacramento. When I watched the playoffs last year he looked slow, and I mean slow not just going up and down the floor but slow getting to the ball. Looney looked better than Cuz. If Cuz can revert back to his form pre injury then I will change my opinion on the Lakers, but if he looks like he did with the Warriors in the playoffs big Cuz is not even a starting quality Center.

Cuz is in best shape of his life. I think he could play past expectations.
    Lakers are a team of no youth/depth so I don’t see anything special about them other than AD

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Cuz is in best shape of his life. I think he could play past expectations.
    Lakers are a team of no youth/depth so I don’t see anything special about them other than AD
    Don't see anything special about Lebron?
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If I had to pick 8 teams I would pick the Lakers, but I think they are closer to the 8 seed than the 1 seed.

Avery Bradley is a shell of his former self. He played well at the end of last year but the last couple of years he has not played well.

We all know Demarcus Cousins was a stud in Sacramento. When I watched the playoffs last year he looked slow, and I mean slow not just going up and down the floor but slow getting to the ball. Looney looked better than Cuz. If Cuz can revert back to his form pre injury then I will change my opinion on the Lakers, but if he looks like he did with the Warriors in the playoffs big Cuz is not even a starting quality Center.
    He was always overrated even for us. Staff stuffer who plays below average defense. But in addition to that, the injury slowed him down. I think another year removed from the Achilles injury will help him regain some of his quickness and agility.

I think it makes sense for LAL to take a gamble on him for such a low salary, but he'll always be overrated because a lot of people/media just ignore defense completely. Cousins will always be a liability on that end and he'll never be efficient enough offensively to be as a truly valuable centerpiece (unless he starts shooting 40% from 3pt or something like that).
    Marmolololololol