Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    As much as I love Mitch, I think it might be best for him to come off the bench. With the addition of Morris, I think the small ball lineup with Randle at center to start games would be hard to defend and would establish leads at the beginning of games, something the Knicks haven't done in years. Gain leads early then bring in Mitch, Payton, Bullock or maybe even Frank for defense and Trier and Portis to score with the second unit.

DSJ / Payton
    RJ / Trier
    Knox / Bullock
    Morris / Portis
    Randle / Mitch

That's a good small ball team that will set a pace that many teams can't keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    As much as I love Mitch, I think it might be best for him to come off the bench. With the addition of Morris, I think the small ball lineup with Randle at center to start games would be hard to defend and would establish leads at the beginning of games, something the Knicks haven't done in years. Gain leads early then bring in Mitch, Payton, Bullock or maybe even Frank for defense and Trier and Portis to score with the second unit.

DSJ / Payton
    RJ / Trier
    Knox / Bullock
    Morris / Portis
    Randle / Mitch

That's a good small ball team that will set a pace that many teams can't keep up with.
    I actually feel that is the starting lineup till further notice, someone outplays and earns the spot.

But this forum makes a big to do over who starts, it's really about the minutes. If Mitch starts gets 2 fouls in 5 min then sits the entire half what good is that?

My intrigue actually is who will Fiz use to finish games now that he has vets to use. He has flexibility also if we have a lead with say 2-3m to go to have defensive guys on the court, Mitch, Taj, Morris, Bullock (maybe) Payton

That is not a bad defensive unit

Did Bullock actually sign? Havenít seen anything official

Mitchell Robinson said he will expand his range out to the 3-point line next season.
    Through the Knicks first four summer league games, Robinson has been dominant defensively and extremely efficient on offense. He's blocked 14 shots and has made 21 of his 25 FG attempts from the floor. However, he's yet to attempt a shot outside of the paint. But, apparently, that will change in 2019-20. "Next year Iím shooting threes. I can shoot them. I shot them in high school. They ainít that much farther," said Robinson. "Iím going to continue to work on it. We work on [the eight-to-10 foot shots] a lot. Me and [assistant Summer League] coach Mike Miller, we work on that a lot. Weíve been working on that for almost a whole summer, also ballhandling, just getting better."

SOURCE: Newsday

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Mitchell Robinson said he will expand his range out to the 3-point line next season.
    Through the Knicks first four summer league games, Robinson has been dominant defensively and extremely efficient on offense. He's blocked 14 shots and has made 21 of his 25 FG attempts from the floor. However, he's yet to attempt a shot outside of the paint. But, apparently, that will change in 2019-20. "Next year Iím shooting threes. I can shoot them. I shot them in high school. They ainít that much farther," said Robinson. "Iím going to continue to work on it. We work on [the eight-to-10 foot shots] a lot. Me and [assistant Summer League] coach Mike Miller, we work on that a lot. Weíve been working on that for almost a whole summer, also ballhandling, just getting better."

SOURCE: Newsday
    yea we knew this yet not one shot? That is stupid coaching, that is what SL is for.......

Yeah I'm still skeptical we are going to see it, if he can take them and make them it take him to another level

Another reason I want Mike Miller as the coach of this team he seems to know how to handle young guys. The Westchester team was always good under him

I mean...if you want to see him shoot, look at his HS highlights. He has nice touch, I just don't think it's necessary right now. He needs to take care of his discipline on defense first...that alone will make him close to an All Star C.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Did Bullock actually sign? Havenít seen anything official
    No, but Berman's article today mentioned that he will likely sign for part of the $4.8 million room exception.

Mitch = the best talent we actually have at the moment
    `

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

DSJ / Payton
    RJ / Trier
    Knox / Bullock
    Morris / Portis
    Randle / Mitch

Mitch should start. Randle at center is a bad idea defensively imo. But Iím guessing Randle is going to be bad defensively everywhere from what people say - Iíll be interested to see how he actually is on D this season, havenít seen a ton of him.

Portis starts and pulls the opposing C away from the basket so that Randle can operate.
    Randle does Randle
    Morris
    Trier
    DSjr

Bench: Mitch, Taj, Knox, RJ, and Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Portis starts and pulls the opposing C away from the basket so that Randle can operate.
    Randle does Randle
    Morris
    Trier
    DSjr

Bench: Mitch, Taj, Knox, RJ, and Payton
    Iíll be shocked if Trier is starting on this team, but maybe heíll win it. Heíll have to beat out like 5 guys for that spot so guess weíll see in camp

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    But did he? He still looks same as last year dumb foul machine if he can't control it against SL rejects what's going to happen at nba lvl....

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    I thought he looked a lot more sure of where he should go on the court. I thought he timing on rolls, cuts, general understanding of what was going on offense looked a lot better. He still chased each and every block on D. I agree with Leethal though. He can get better at basketball with out hitting 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Seriously? I don't think he's ever even attempted one in his entire career.
    He canít he a free throw forget a 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I get it.

When Porzingis didn't like the fact, the Knicks were planning to low ball him with an offer (as he was rehabbing)...the Knicks GM Scott Perry truly believed Mitchell Robinson to be the Ben Wallace of the New York Knicks: Rebounding, Blocking, Athleticism, and Hustle.

When the Pelicans asked about Mitchell Robinson as a key asset in the trade for Anthony Davis, Team President Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry rejected ANY trade scenario involving Robinson.

By that rationale, the Knicks admitted two things:

1. Mitchell Robinson has a higher ceiling than Anthony Davis.

2. Mitchell Robinson IS a key cornerstone of the NEW NY Knicks. He will attract players much like AD.

I respect Mills & Perry for sticking with their decision but I have questions:

1. The NBA seems to be moving AWAY From Bully ball. Guys like Ben Wallace quickly atrophied especially when he took the money and went to Chicago. SHOCKED Perry who was working in his hometown Detroit (at the time) didn't pick that up.

2. IF Mitchell Robinson is an elite player, it's going to takes years because he didn't play much ball.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 07-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast