Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

That summer league thread

So, I figured all the Nuggets fans have decimated over the years...the Denbutsu days were the golden age..

but if any of ya'll are still out there...you should seriously pay attention to this summer league.

This Micheal Porter jr. kid has got the HYPE surrounding him.

And then MPJ gets injured again and sits out of summer league lol

Yeah those were the good ol days... i havent had a computer last few years and the forum sucks for phones.... anyway... J. Grant trade is going to be sneaky good, MPJ knee isnt serious, Bol Bol even has some upside for almost no risk... loving the moves

I pretty much jinxed it. Soo looking forward to MPJ's debut...this just gives us a grim reminder to simply not expect anything too big...or basically anything from him (guilty I be) until he shows he can play injury free. And this applies despite the fact that this injury isn't "that big of a deal" (according to MPJ). But it's the smart move from the Nuggest brass. You got to trust them...SL is meaningless..it's glorified YMCA ball.

Then...our best Nugget showing gets poached by Masai...great for Davis to secure a spot on a roster..but Masai be sneakin.

However, everything is fantastic with this move we just made to get Grant. What a ****in move on so many levels. He is basically the closest thing you're going to find as the "ideal" player to play alongside of Jokic.

Versatility to play 3-5 but mainly will be seeing the 4. Long (7'2 wingspan), athletic, has significantly improved his 3 ball shooting (especially from the corner)....and is already a solid defender with a rim protection bonus <--something we don't have on the roster...Plumdog ain't a rim protector..this has been proven for years.

Tack along he knows his role on offense, is just 25...and has connections with TC. We pretty much got our future PF here..

This not only significantly improves our depth, but helps us win now..and in the future. This is such a "Nuggets" type move. Underrated player, underrated skill set, this **** came out of nowhere....will soon be fully optimized with the blessing of the unicorn that is Jokic.

We no longer have to, or need to, bank on MPJ this season in order for us to take that next step. Literally ANYTHING MPJ gives us is simply icing on the cake. Grant solidifies the rotation so so well and will immediately have a positive impact on the floor.

Now, he's not the answer but he definitely serves as a hell of a glue and Jokic will have himself an athlethic weapon at the 4 that he hasn't had yet..

Such a ****in savvy move.

Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    Yeah those were the good ol days... i havent had a computer last few years and the forum sucks for phones.... anyway... J. Grant trade is going to be sneaky good, MPJ knee isnt serious, Bol Bol even has some upside for almost no risk... loving the moves
    These servers have been the death of PSD. It's basically to the point where it is a chore for me to just post. Nuggets are rising so there is hope for a resurgence here....but again..PSD..

The Nuggets moved the needle in their own way with the Grant move. IMO, it keeps them right up there in the top seedings in the West..LAC and LAL be damned.

Havenít seen anyone around this forum in a loooonnggg time lol. Love the Grant trade, heís versatile enough to guard anyone on defense and is a perfect fit next to Jokic on O, with his ability to hit corner threeís and his excellent ability as a cutter. Hopefully we can lock him up as the long term replacement for Millsap. I also like bringing Cancar over, I think he can be a Mirotic type player at the 3/4 but I think Juancho may be on the move soon with not many minutes available and him entering a contract year, kind of sad I was always high on his potential. But, all in all, I think we have a legitimate shot at a championship if a couple guys, mainly Jamal, take a step forward this year. MPJ is a wildcard that could put us over the top and Bol was a perfect low risk high reward acquisition, love what Tim Connelly has done since being here. I still think Iggy may be an option as well.