Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Itís just like my Christian Ponder rant on him getting hated on. Not his fault he got drafted so high. There was a big demand for QBs in that draft. The Vikings reached to get one.
    Oooo. Can I see said rant?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Michael Thomas is a good example of why Iíll never make it as a NFL GM. I laughed so hard when the Saints drafted him. I thought they reached for a major bust and was happy that the Saints wasted a first rounder. Clearly, I need to just stick with playing Madden.


    Oh, wow. I love these old school smileys. lol.

    Anyway, there are a couple guys on my board that LOVE to bring up Thomas, but the opposite. They really wanted him, so they continue to bring him up IN EVERY BREATH that Treadwell is criticized. "...we could have had Thomas." I don't think they'll ever get over it. lol.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbrodin8060 View Post
    I really think Spielman wanted Thomas but it did not work out that way. I think Treadwell is below average. Another thing I noticed when Treadwell came out on the stage he was wearing a Raiders hat. Hmmm.


    Sent from my 9027W using Tapatalk
    Wait. That did happen, huh? RED FLAG! JK.

    I think, the biggest thing about Treadwell is just the high expectations vs. low production. Simple as that. When given opportunities, he's largely disappointed. But also, he tends to say some really odd things that imply he's had a good/great year, he's happy with his production/contributions, etc. It just comes off as odd to people. With that said, I think people still want to give the guy a chance, but at some point you have to move on.

    HOWEVER, it doesn't seem like 4 or 5 WRs on this year's team are better than him, so maybe he sneaks on the roster again? I guess we'll see how the rest of training camp and preseason shakes out. If he doesn't make the team and blow people away, we'll have to root for Treadwell from afar...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    43
    Looks like Treadwell is available for trade.

    https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/sta...46321763516416

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    9,664
    nobody's going to trade for someone they expect will be released
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,400
    This was a thread I was happy to see. Treadwell gets some crazy unwarranted hatred from Vikings fans and if he ever weighed in on the fan base to see their thoughts I could see why he may have a complete lack on confidence (i'd hate to see the poor guys twitter messages).

    Treadwell could still be a decent player for a team if he was fed the ball more consistently IMO. My point is he was drafted by a team he never had a shot to be a primary target. Realistically how many WR's drafted in RD 1 have become top 15 WR in their first few seasons over the last 6 years since 2012 draft?

    4 out of 29
    OBJ
    Evans
    Hopkins
    Cooper (not even top 15)

    Now as a fan base I know we want any first rounder to be something special but Treadwell would have legitimately needed to be one of the top 15 WRs in the entire NFL to be better than Diggs and Theilen and he had them BOTH on his team ahead of him. It's a stroke of absolute luck that Diggs and Theilen ended up so good but its been the worst luck for a guy like Tread.

    Everyone gets hung up on the Michael Thomas "miss" but there were reasons every other team passed on him.
    Let's be real. Was Michael Thomas going to come on and beat out Diggs and Theilen in camp?... I highly doubt it. Was he going to see 10-15 passes a game from one of the all time greatest QBs in the NFL Drew Brees?.... Hell no. Michael Thomas would have been a better pick maybe but his career trajectory would have been something completely different on a run heavy team with 2 of the top 15 NFL WRs ahead of him with a backup QB.

    Tread didn't work out for the Vikings and that's okay...Hopefully we get something for him but if he gets cut I expect to see someone pick him up and hopefully he'll find his way in the NFL.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    This was a thread I was happy to see. Treadwell gets some crazy unwarranted hatred from Vikings fans and if he ever weighed in on the fan base to see their thoughts I could see why he may have a complete lack on confidence (i'd hate to see the poor guys twitter messages).

    Treadwell could still be a decent player for a team if he was fed the ball more consistently IMO. My point is he was drafted by a team he never had a shot to be a primary target. Realistically how many WR's drafted in RD 1 have become top 15 WR in their first few seasons over the last 6 years since 2012 draft?

    4 out of 29
    OBJ
    Evans
    Hopkins
    Cooper (not even top 15)

    Now as a fan base I know we want any first rounder to be something special but Treadwell would have legitimately needed to be one of the top 15 WRs in the entire NFL to be better than Diggs and Theilen and he had them BOTH on his team ahead of him. It's a stroke of absolute luck that Diggs and Theilen ended up so good but its been the worst luck for a guy like Tread.

    Everyone gets hung up on the Michael Thomas "miss" but there were reasons every other team passed on him.
    Let's be real. Was Michael Thomas going to come on and beat out Diggs and Theilen in camp?... I highly doubt it. Was he going to see 10-15 passes a game from one of the all time greatest QBs in the NFL Drew Brees?.... Hell no. Michael Thomas would have been a better pick maybe but his career trajectory would have been something completely different on a run heavy team with 2 of the top 15 NFL WRs ahead of him with a backup QB.

    Tread didn't work out for the Vikings and that's okay...Hopefully we get something for him but if he gets cut I expect to see someone pick him up and hopefully he'll find his way in the NFL.
    I've been waiting for this.. great post.


    This signiture sucks but I get my point across, I'll pay someone for something more legit! Go Vikes!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    This was a thread I was happy to see. Treadwell gets some crazy unwarranted hatred from Vikings fans and if he ever weighed in on the fan base to see their thoughts I could see why he may have a complete lack on confidence (i'd hate to see the poor guys twitter messages).

    Treadwell could still be a decent player for a team if he was fed the ball more consistently IMO. My point is he was drafted by a team he never had a shot to be a primary target. Realistically how many WR's drafted in RD 1 have become top 15 WR in their first few seasons over the last 6 years since 2012 draft?

    4 out of 29
    OBJ
    Evans
    Hopkins
    Cooper (not even top 15)

    Now as a fan base I know we want any first rounder to be something special but Treadwell would have legitimately needed to be one of the top 15 WRs in the entire NFL to be better than Diggs and Theilen and he had them BOTH on his team ahead of him. It's a stroke of absolute luck that Diggs and Theilen ended up so good but its been the worst luck for a guy like Tread.

    Everyone gets hung up on the Michael Thomas "miss" but there were reasons every other team passed on him.
    Let's be real. Was Michael Thomas going to come on and beat out Diggs and Theilen in camp?... I highly doubt it. Was he going to see 10-15 passes a game from one of the all time greatest QBs in the NFL Drew Brees?.... Hell no. Michael Thomas would have been a better pick maybe but his career trajectory would have been something completely different on a run heavy team with 2 of the top 15 NFL WRs ahead of him with a backup QB.

    Tread didn't work out for the Vikings and that's okay...Hopefully we get something for him but if he gets cut I expect to see someone pick him up and hopefully he'll find his way in the NFL.
    I don't think Thomas would have been able to beat out Thielen or Diggs either but don't forget neither of them was established yet. The prior year, 2015, Diggs had 52 catches and Thielen 12. Treadwell's rookie year Diggs had 84 and Thielen 69. Excluding Diggs, Thielen, and Rudy, the below are the amount of secondary targets available:

    2016: 248
    2017: 202
    2018: 207

    It's not like there hasn't been opportunity available. Treadwell has struggled to hold off guys like Aldrick Robinson, Chad Beebe, Jarius Wright, DUI Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Charles Johnson. There is no reason to think a trio of Diggs, Thielen, and Thomas couldn't have coexisted. Sure each one would take a hit numbers wise but look at how Cooks, Woods, and Kupp operate together. IMO Rudy would most likely be the odd man out and struggle for targets. But the point is the biggest issue for Treadwell isn't opportunity. He has had plenty of opportunity. He's done nothing with any chance he's had. You can't convince me that if was performing he wouldn't have received targets. There were and are still plenty of targets available for a 3rd WR to make an impact.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't think Thomas would have been able to beat out Thielen or Diggs either but don't forget neither of them was established yet. The prior year, 2015, Diggs had 52 catches and Thielen 12. Treadwell's rookie year Diggs had 84 and Thielen 69. Excluding Diggs, Thielen, and Rudy, the below are the amount of secondary targets available:

    2016: 248
    2017: 202
    2018: 207

    It's not like there hasn't been opportunity available. Treadwell has struggled to hold off guys like Aldrick Robinson, Chad Beebe, Jarius Wright, DUI Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Charles Johnson. There is no reason to think a trio of Diggs, Thielen, and Thomas couldn't have coexisted. Sure each one would take a hit numbers wise but look at how Cooks, Woods, and Kupp operate together. IMO Rudy would most likely be the odd man out and struggle for targets. But the point is the biggest issue for Treadwell isn't opportunity. He has had plenty of opportunity. He's done nothing with any chance he's had. You can't convince me that if was performing he wouldn't have received targets. There were and are still plenty of targets available for a 3rd WR to make an impact.
    Kupp also missed half of 2018 tho.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Kupp also missed half of 2018 tho.
    Kupp missed half the season and still posted numbers that would be career highs for Treadwell. 2017 the Rams had Watkins, Kupp, and Wood each account for at least 593 yards and 5 TDs. Those would also be career high numbers for Treadwell.

    The Chargers are a team closest to the personnel the Vikings have. 2017 The Chargers had Keenan Allen, Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin, and Hunter Henry account at least 567 yards and 4 TDs.

    2016 Redskins with Kirk Cousins had Garcon, Jackson, Crowder, and Reed account for at least 686 yards and 3 TDs.

    My point remains if Treadwell was performing a role would have been found for him to produce on the field.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,281
    He just needs to move to TE

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    He just needs to move to TE
    He canít block either lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    9,664
    Zimmer says they're trying to showcase him....which is hard to do if the guy can't get open

    Nobody's giving us so much as a ball park frank for him at this point
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,922
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Zimmer says they're trying to showcase him....which is hard to do if the guy can't get open

    Nobody's giving us so much as a ball park frank for him at this point
    Our only hope is another team willing to swap another first round bust for him. Doctson comes to mind but heís been better than Treadwell. Iíll be stunned if we get anything for him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Our only hope is another team willing to swap another first round bust for him. Doctson comes to mind but heís been better than Treadwell. Iíll be stunned if we get anything for him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I read somewhere about that being a good idea for a deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •