Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why are people so hard on Treadwell?

Dude was obviously picked too high, comes into a team where he doesn't get much playing time because we already have two studs in front of him and he is not a slot receiver. So when he is on the field he's typically the 4th option with Rudy out there. It's not saying much but his stats have improved every year, he had a couple bad drops last year but I don't think that it is a worrisome trait, typically his hands were great in college. It's just annoying that fans and the media just bury this guy non stop, I still think he could be a WR2 and solid red zone threat on 15-20 other teams in the league.

This signiture sucks but I get my point across, I'll pay someone for something more legit! Go Vikes!

Sometimes great college players game just doesnít transfer to the pros. Not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Sometimes great college players game just doesnít transfer to the pros. Not his fault.
    But where is the proof that his game has not transferred well?

This signiture sucks but I get my point across, I'll pay someone for something more legit! Go Vikes!

Itís just like my Christian Ponder rant on him getting hated on. Not his fault he got drafted so high. There was a big demand for QBs in that draft. The Vikings reached to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    But where is the proof that his game has not transferred well?
    Iím not saying his didnít. I was saying in general.

He was drafted exactly where he was suppose to go. He is a very talented WR. He just has not reached that level yet. It really hasn't helped that he was drafted right when we basically began to have Thielen and Diggs breaking out. If he had been our #1 or even number 2 wideout, he would be much further along in his development in my opinion. There was something I read that in 2017, Keenum wouldn't even look his way because he was so focused on Thielen and Diggs, even when he was open. Right now I think that his confidence is shot and that if he has a big game early this year, he will turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    He was drafted exactly where he was suppose to go. He is a very talented WR. He just has not reached that level yet. It really hasn't helped that he was drafted right when we basically began to have Thielen and Diggs breaking out. If he had been our #1 or even number 2 wideout, he would be much further along in his development in my opinion. There was something I read that in 2017, Keenum wouldn't even look his way because he was so focused on Thielen and Diggs, even when he was open. Right now I think that his confidence is shot and that if he has a big game early this year, he will turn it around.
    Great point

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Thanks man, this is why I love PSD. It's tough discussing Vikings/Football with casual fans in my normal day life.

The issue is Treadwell wasnít very good to begin with. I didnít want him all off season leading up to that draft. In college he struggled to separate from DBís and looked like an average athlete. At the combine, he didnít test well. I thought his ability to bully DBís was overrated in college. Same things have happened to him in the NFL. He struggles to separate from DBís, isnít able to beat DBís physically, and he struggles with drops. He was supposed to be a good run blocker and heís struggled in that area as well. Whenever Diggs or Thielen have missed time he has failed to take advantage of the opportunity. Funniest part for me is I think heís actually looked better in the NFL than I thought he would. Thatís how low I was on him. I really wanted Michael Thomas or Sterling Shepherd that year. Go back and check out of the draft thread if you donít believe me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quan started out right away in his first training camp struggling to separate or showing good hands....regardless of where you're drafted, you earn your time on the field and even tho he's sometimes been given more than he's earned, he's still not shown what they expected.....the team was too good to give him even more to see if he could 'get it'........I'd love for him to turn it around, but he has a long way to go for that.

Going into that draft, many had him higher than he was picked....but look at the 2 picked ahead of him- Corey Coleman and Josh Doctson......not exactly knocking it dead either...........'course, then there's Michael Thomas..

What's a normal life? Not sure I've ever had one
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 07-03-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The issue is Treadwell wasnít very good to begin with. I didnít want him all off season leading up to that draft. In college he struggled to separate from DBís and looked like an average athlete. At the combine, he didnít test well. I thought his ability to bully DBís was overrated in college. Same things have happened to him in the NFL. He struggles to separate from DBís, isnít able to beat DBís physically, and he struggles with drops. He was supposed to be a good run blocker and heís struggled in that area as well. Whenever Diggs or Thielen have missed time he has failed to take advantage of the opportunity. Funniest part for me is I think heís actually looked better in the NFL than I thought he would. Thatís how low I was on him. I really wanted Michael Thomas or Sterling Shepherd that year. Go back and check out of the draft thread if you donít believe me.

Bingo. Same here. I am happy whenever he comes down with a pass because I do want to see him do well but I didnít want to draft him.

Michael Thomas is a good example of why Iíll never make it as a NFL GM. I laughed so hard when the Saints drafted him. I thought they reached for a major bust and was happy that the Saints wasted a first rounder. Clearly, I need to just stick with playing Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Michael Thomas is a good example of why Iíll never make it as a NFL GM. I laughed so hard when the Saints drafted him. I thought they reached for a major bust and was happy that the Saints wasted a first rounder. Clearly, I need to just stick with playing Madden.
    Same, like when we drafted Hunter I was like WTF who?! Didnt we just draft Scott Crichton last year! LOL!

First round pick. Was excellent in college. Was expected to be a WR1.

Expectations vs reality is the only reason why.

I really think Spielman wanted Thomas but it did not work out that way. I think Treadwell is below average. Another thing I noticed when Treadwell came out on the stage he was wearing a Raiders hat. Hmmm.

Sent from my 9027W using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast