Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Summer League: California Classic + Las Vegas

Kings Summer League starts tonight
    Watch info: https://www.nba.com/kings/blog/watch...sic-games-live

Game 1: 8PM on NBCSN
    Game 2: 8PM on Link Above
    Game 3: 2PM on Link Above

We can use this thread to talk about the games.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Looks like NBCSN is playing soccer but you can watch the game on NBA TV

Well that's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

After watching 95 percent of the game I will give my opinion on a few guys. Its only 1 game and all these guys have flaws to their game.

Justin James. He looked good on the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side he looked poor. Everything was to the hoop. He attempted 1 corner three and it was a air ball. He did make 2 clutch free throws at the end of the game. At the NBA level very few players at his size can make a living driving to the hoop, you need range.

Kyle Guy. He handled the ball well and he didnt take a lot of outside shots but anyone that watched the NCAA tournament knows he can shoot. Wish I could say more about Guy but he was pretty much so so this game.

Wenyan Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan. Gabriel and Swanigan are both six foot nine and both are 22 years old.

If you were just looking at the box score you would think Gabriel was a stud. Consider that neither the Kings or Warriors had a center in this game. Swanigan was the biggest guy on the court something that wont happen at the NBA level.

Gabriel attempted 4 threes while I was watching and all 4 were bricks. He banked in 1 of his three pointers. Gabriel is a high energy player who can't shoot. At the NBA level at Gabriel size you need to be able to shoot or you won't make it.

Gabriel and Swanigan have similar games but tonight Gabriel looked much better than Swanigan. In their current state I dont see either of these players as NBA players. You likely won't succeed as a 6'9" player who lives around the hoop. If I had to pick 1 of these guys tonight Gabriel wins hands down.

Samaj Christian. Very good ballhandler. Doug Christie pointed out that if he could develop a shot he can make the NBA.

B.J Johnson. I was interested in seeing B.J. Johnson because he is currently on the Kings minor league team. Doug Christie made the comment he can score. He looked athletic and compared to other players on the floor his size looked good. I just didnt see enough of him to make a judgement.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-02-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Gabriel reminds me of the guy we had on a two-way contract a couple of years ago. Sorry, I can’t think of his name off the top of my head. He was a high energy guy.

I think Guy will see some time with the Kings this year.

Thinking of former guys on two-way contracts, I wonder what happened to Troy Williams. I wouldn’t mind him as an option at the end of the bench.

I actually liked what i saw from Guy... i felt his vision and passing was a good surprise. James is missing a shot but his defense and motor was good. Christenson kind of reminded me of Collison without a shot.

This is like the first time in years that the Kings Summer League team doesn't mirror most of their regular season team.

I think that's a good thing lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Kyle Guy will have a better NBA career than Jimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Guy has been our most impressive player so far.

Is this supposed to be a hot take? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I don't know if he'll ever make more money than Jimmer... in the end, isn't that what matters?